PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM DS v0.11.0 beta2

wraggster
January 1st, 2008, 16:19
Agentq (http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4979) has released an updated version of ScummVM for the Nintendo DS, heres whats new:

Hi Everyone,

Here is a second beta version of the 0.11.0 release of ScummVM DS. It needs lots of testing, since there are so many games that I don't have time to do much of it myself. So please download it. Please post, even it it works fine!

The new scaler makes text a lot more readable, at the expense of some slowdown in some of the newer games.

New function keys should make all the AGI games playable.

This is a beta release, therefore there are not full instructions. This is designed for those who already know how to use ScummVM DS. Full instructions for the older version 0.10.0 are provided on the ScummVM DS website. Please refer to these instructions, as this beta works in mostly the same way.

Also, I have been told that the same code which runs Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max can also run some of the earlier HE games, so I have added these to the list below. They seem to work fine. Please test them too!

Changes

Beta2
- Future Wars and Gobliiins now work again
- Swapping the screens while the software scaler is enabled no longer causes odd effects

Beta1
- New games supported: Elvira 1 and 2, Waxworks (Amiga version)
- Software scaler for improved image quality. Turn it on using the DS options screen (press select during the game). Thanks to Tramboi and Robin Watts for this feature!
- Function keys added to virtual keyboard (used in AGI games)
- Plenty of bug fixes

Supported Games

Build A:
Manic Mansion
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Loom
Passport to Adventure
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Bear Stormin' (DOS version only)
Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise (DOS version only)
Fatty Bear's Fun Pack (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt's Fun Pack (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade (DOS version only)

Build B:
Beneath a Steel Sky
Flight of the Amazon Queen

Build C:
Simon the Sorcerer 1/2
Elvira 1/2

Build D:
Sierra AGI games
Gobliiins 1 - 3
Bargon Attack
Ween: The Prophecy
Future Wars

Build E:
Inherit the Earth

Build F:
The Legend of Kyrandia

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Eyedunno
January 2nd, 2008, 03:20
YAY! I've been waiting a long time to be able to finish the original Space Quest on my DS (got stuck at the slot machine which requires the function keys). And I'm still off on vacation today, but tomorrow, I will finish it. :)

robman84
January 2nd, 2008, 19:23
Sweet. My vacation was improved immensely by Sam & Max - first adventure I ever finished. Looking forward to trying this new one.

Eyedunno
January 3rd, 2008, 09:50
Ugh, trying this just now, it's only partial function key support. Sure, I can use the F-keys to play slots, but I can't use them for menu functions, and thus saving and restoring (a necessity for getting the needed amount) requires a lot of screen-changing. So I can probably finish the game now, but it's annoying.