PDA

View Full Version : Sega Unveils Phantasy Star Complete Collection For Japan

JKKDARK
January 1st, 2008, 17:45
via PSX Extreme (http://www.psxextreme.com/ps2-news/4336.html)

Sometimes, when you're a role-playing fan, you wish you lived in Japan.

According to RPGFan, Sega has announced they will release a Phantasy Star Complete Collection for the PS2 in Japan in late March. This will include the first four installments in the legendary RPG franchise (Phantasy Star I - IV), plus eight scenarios of Phantasy Star II Text Adventure. Also, for all you gamers out there who aren't interested in the entire "old-school" experience, Sega will offer more save spots for the games. In addition, they're going to feature multiple difficulty settings - hey, some of these were pretty difficult back in the day - and you can even alter the speed of your characters on screen! It's going to be quite the compilation for those who remember the good ol' days of console role-playin'.

This great collection will hit store shelves in Japan on March 27 for the reasonable price of 2500 yen (a little more than $20 USD). Obviously, no word yet on whether or not Sega plans to bring the compilation to the US, but we suggest not holding your breath.

Elven6
January 1st, 2008, 19:23
No point getting this, knowing Sega their probably gonna shut the servers down in a few months.

JKKDARK
January 1st, 2008, 19:30
No point getting this, knowing Sega their probably gonna shut the servers down in a few months.

?

It's only a compilation of the old Phantasy Star games. It will not come with online functions.

Elven6
January 1st, 2008, 20:02
Oh whoops, I thought they were the online ones, I was skimming through the article, my bad.