PDA

View Full Version : PSPWrite: A Text Editor for PSP v1.0.4

zx-81
January 1st, 2008, 20:47
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspwrite-snap-v101.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPWrite the text editor for PSP

It permits to edit even huge text file, in both dos and unix mode, using iso8859-1 (8bits) characters encoding. All iso8859-1 characters are present in the "Danzeff like" virtual keyboard.

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker (author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library) with a new patch from Craig to support Sprint PCS IR keyboard.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.71-m33, and for the IR keyboard
part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard.

What's new then in 1.0.4 ?

- Add select/cut/copy/paste feature
- Text can be copied to clipboard and then copied to another/new file
(usefull to merge several files together).
- New files are now named using a unique id
(to prevent filename conflicts)
- New background image for file requester and help window

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

You can find it on my blog : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

PoorKingz
January 2nd, 2008, 04:10
Nice interface but when I try to type with the virtual keyboard it makes the cursor jump around.

zx-81
January 2nd, 2008, 07:35
this version is buggy,. takes the new one available on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

ANorthernSoul
January 3rd, 2008, 20:25
Thanks alot, works great.

Is there any chance of more formatting options being added in the future? Being able to italicize/bold/link text would be good if possible.

PoorKingz
January 4th, 2008, 04:24
Thanks, now Im convinced to get a IR keyboard now.

zx-81
January 5th, 2008, 16:35
Thanks alot, works great.

Is there any chance of more formatting options being added in the future? Being able to italicize/bold/link text would be good if possible.

It's a simple text (ASCII) editor, nothing compare to Office suite. I don't plan to add RTF (or any other private formats).

firepower
January 23rd, 2008, 23:06
Hi.
I have a PSP with a 3.52 M33-4 firmware, I installed writepsp but it does not work.
When I start it I see the LED indicating memorystick access turning on two times, but after that the system is blocked, if I press the "home" key the psp asks me if I want to go out but the System crashes if I press "X" in order to exit application, anyway the slang.png start image appears.
Can you help me?
I guess there is a missing or bad replaced file.
I copied the folder "pspwriter" as it was in the "fr3.x" folder on the Msroot:\psp\game352 directory.
Thank you.

firepower
January 24th, 2008, 01:56
Solved.

I have also piKey on my psp and it has a conflict with your homebrew.
Problem solved disabling pikey for 1.5 firmware homebrews and istalling psp-write 1.5 homebrew, now my keyboard works both on 3.52 firmware and on 1.5 homebrewes.
Thank you, nice homebrew and job.

Safari Al
January 24th, 2008, 03:11
just a small question: I have tried a different text editor for the psp and it sorta screwed the text up when i opened itt back up in notepad. Will this do the same? By the way thanks for the release :)

VampDude
January 24th, 2008, 05:34
just a small question: I have tried a different text editor for the psp and it sorta screwed the text up when i opened itt back up in notepad. Will this do the same? By the way thanks for the release :)

Probably, text files get messed up all the time.

AStar617
January 24th, 2008, 05:55
Is anyone else having trouble getting the Targus Universal IR keyboard to work with the 3.x build? I had been banging my head against the wall, ready to accuse the eBay seller of a DOA unit, then I tried the 1.5 build and it works like a charm... Both versions are currently installed side-by-side on my stick so I know it's not just an IR positioning problem, bad luck, or anything like that. Is there some additional configuration needed to enable Targus functionality on the 3.x version?

Thanks for the great programs, ZX :-)

-A

zx-81
January 24th, 2008, 07:41
if you want to test your targus keyboard use this simple homebrew :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/categories/8-Keyboard

I haven't encountered any issue with pspwrite fw3x ... may be you have plugins that interfer ?

AStar617
January 29th, 2008, 16:45
Well like I said, I know my Targus keyboard works fine because it's fully functional in the 1.5 version of PSPWrite. I'm not running any plugins whatsoever, pikey or otherwise, so interference seems like it's out of the question.

In any event, I'll just use the 1.5 version thanks to the addon for 3.80 M33, and see if a future release fixes 3.x for me :)

zx-81
January 29th, 2008, 18:38
if it works with fw1.5 that's ok ... i plan to release a new version soon.

Rasputin
March 5th, 2008, 15:28
Great work with all your PSP apps zx-81.

I am having a problem with the 3.xx version of pspwrite since upgrading to fw 3.8m33, though. Version 1.0.3 worked great when I was on fw 3.4m33, but since upgrading pspwrite doesn't seem to recognize the keyboard input. I've installed pspwrite 1.0.4 thinking that might help but it hasn't.

The problem isn't the keyboard because it works in the vsh menu if I turn pikey on.

Others have said the fw1.5 version worked for them, so I'm going to try that next.

One question: Is there any way to get pspwrite to word wrap while you are typing? I just get one long line of text. Makes it a bit difficult to keep track of what one has written.

Thanks for all your work.

Edit: pspwrite for fw1.5 works fine on my 3.8m33 PSP. :o)

zx-81
March 6th, 2008, 13:08
One question: Is there any way to get pspwrite to word wrap while you are

It's the most requested feature, so i will add it one day :)