PDA

View Full Version : The PSP Scene - Your Hopes for the Year Ahead

wraggster
January 1st, 2008, 22:20
The PSP Scene continues to stagger most the scene that defies everything Sony do to stop us, so much has been achieved already but i have one question to all PSP Fans

What are your Hopes for the PSP both in Homebrew and the Commercial Arena ?

cal360
January 1st, 2008, 22:27
Well honestly I'm not too sure. The scene has really slowed down lately and not too many homebrew applications and games have been released. I just hope the scene picks up again and hopefully we get more decent commercial games for the PSP.

JKKDARK
January 1st, 2008, 22:34
the same as this year. Improvement on the actual emulators and new updates on custom firmwares.

shongohan
January 1st, 2008, 22:46
Is posible emulate at full speed an Amiga500 when the specification for full speed in a p3 were 500 Mhz?

I love some amiga games as twintris!

mike_jmg
January 1st, 2008, 22:49
- To get Daedalus more playable, specifically being able to play OOT would be awesome.

- That at some point Capcom will hear my prayers and release a Devil May Cry Game for the PSP

Sketchy
January 1st, 2008, 23:30
- To get Daedalus more playable, specifically being able to play OOT would be awesome.

- That at some point Capcom will hear my prayers and release a Devil May Cry Game for the PSP

Oh my god that would be sooooo awesome!!!
Also I second that homebrew releases should become
more regular.

hounddog
January 1st, 2008, 23:35
a improved snes emulator

CaptainMorgan4
January 1st, 2008, 23:40
Daedalus getting better and better like it is, and 3.80 M33 Custom firmware.

blaz3d
January 1st, 2008, 23:47
id like to see some more prx's for games supporting neomotion add-on, possibly even a slim revision of neomotion hardware. id like psp tube's readme's to come in english aswell. id like pops to get system link support(officially) aswell as 2 player.

Now this one is a tall order, but id love to see homebrew games get online score boards, might be hard to make sure no one's cheating, and webhosting could be a problem but it would be amazing!

I think its about time 1.5 was laid to rest(from developers point of view), it is old, outdated and slow compared to 3.xx. any psp is capeable of running CFW at the moment so all releases should just be in 3.xx format, wifi support will have WEP, slim's will have their extra RAM and their TV out:) it would be a great world!

yeah i do ask alot for alot:D

xg917
January 1st, 2008, 23:51
daedalus to be near perfect by the end of this year ?

Chackan
January 1st, 2008, 23:57
Sega Saturn emulator, and continuo to launch good quality comercial games :D

DarthPaul
January 2nd, 2008, 00:19
I hope that people stop flaming the newcomers to the Homebrew Scene. I hope to see more originality in the releases. To stop the source codes stealing, etc.

And as everyone else, I want a full-speed Nintendo 64 Emulator. I want that Sony finally decides to release Firmware 4.00. I hope that Dark_AleX never leaves us, and he releases a Custom Firmware out of 4.00. I hope that Fanjita comes back. I hope they don't push back the games I want. Like Final Fantasy Dissidia, God of War: Chains of Olympus, Patapon, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, etc.

And I hope that DCEmu stops slowing down and going off...

sroon
January 2nd, 2008, 01:43
Seeing a homebrew game with a bunch nakid titties:D(O )( O)
or a commercial Zelda game for the system itself.
(O )( O);)

Brainy142
January 2nd, 2008, 01:45
an easyer way to downgrade :P or a umd downgrader :P:P

PlagueMusic
January 2nd, 2008, 01:46
all-in-one emulator compiled from source codes of the already made emulators with a search function and gui like snes or xmb-like, im sure this would be easy just combining source codes since e[mulator] tried this but didnt really expand on it

this and my life is complete

devdj
January 2nd, 2008, 02:45
first person shooter ports like war rock on psp would be awesome and mmorpg 2d or 3d and psptube with more stream sites and a build in mp4 converter and manger so you could convert the flv files in your psp to mp4 and then remove the flv files now that would awesome

YourStillWithMe
January 2nd, 2008, 03:04
daedalus to be near perfect by the end of this year ?

I agree...That is pretty much it

that and FF8 fully playable without that disc error would be pretty cool and if we could somehow reduce eboot sizes without losing features for ps1 would be pretty cool too.

bwlfp
January 2nd, 2008, 03:26
Compatibility for cheaper and larger memory sticks!!
and full speed Amiga emulator with perfect audio. Ahh what the hell I wouldn't mind playing multiplayer Goldeneye fullspeed.

Cap'n 1time
January 2nd, 2008, 04:10
more ports of cool games like tyrian.

DimensionT
January 2nd, 2008, 04:21
Less ports, more original titles and sequals.

Games I'd like to see on PSP:

A new 2D Castlevania like the ones on DS.
A new 2D "Tales of" game (like they're supposed to be).
A YS that doesn't suck.
Marvel VS Capcom 2 port (yeah, a port but my favorite fighting game)
Secret Of Mana sequal (2D ftw again)
New Alundra (2D)
New Soul Blazer (Soul Blazer 2 = Illusion of Gaia, 3 = Terranigma)
New Breath Of Fire

Case in point... 3D is over rated.

THE PREDATOR
January 2nd, 2008, 04:38
I would love too see a Raine and cps3 emulators made.

BrooksyX
January 2nd, 2008, 05:39
For homebrew i would like to see daedalus improve and Quake 2 to support single player (come on McZonk ;) ).

As for commercial releases I would like to see a new Twisted Metal game.

jamotto
January 2nd, 2008, 06:49
More work done on the PSP Motion Kit(slim support, etc)

More games released for the PSP

official xmb widget support

official support for more media formats and codecs (flac, ogg, mpc, avi, etc)

built-in password protection for the privacy minded

jedikevin20
January 2nd, 2008, 08:02
i'll like to see strm get Dedaulus to get close to fullspeed. Cheaper memory stick duos. Better psp batteries with better battery life.

tyranos
January 2nd, 2008, 10:35
yeah thescene is really slowing down ., but i would vote for psptube as app of the year ,
it has now wmv support flv divx , u just put files
wmv playback is slow (audio gets out of sync ) but
the video is perfect but slow , divx on the other side has good speed for both audio and video but the video picture is a bit messy but doesnt get out sync

and i m really waiting for the next version as i think it will have better divx and wmv support
what a great audience :)

dangee
January 2nd, 2008, 11:10
A LuaPlayer .21 release is rumored to be imminent.
I'm hoping it solves some of the speed issues of 0.2
and includes the best of the Cools methods.
An official sony USB keyboard would be nice.

dgila
January 2nd, 2008, 11:21
TV out fullscreen for more homebrew and for original games

Fr0sTy
January 2nd, 2008, 14:52
1.50 kernal for psp slim, custom firmware creation on slim, wifi for gpsp, daedalus running full with most games, full screen umd games, i.e. my games umd games aren't small on my hdtv, password support built in to the FW, no plugins....

kojiro7
January 2nd, 2008, 15:01
I want to see:

-Better MAME
-Fullspeed SNES
-Fullspeed N64
-Fullspeed AMIGA
-Sega saturn working emulator

And of course MORE commercial games,PSP doesnt have many games

boo128
January 2nd, 2008, 15:22
Things I would like to see...

Less flaming on the homebrew sites (especially towards new coders)
A full speed N64 Emulator
1.50 homebrew compatibility for the Slim

Sony to release 4.00 - WITH homebrew compatibility built in!:p

pichon
January 2nd, 2008, 16:28
CPS3 emulator, or Street Fighter 4 for PSP (it's 2.5D game after all), full speed daedalus, better mame, more games coming out for it.

Mr.Denny
January 2nd, 2008, 17:11
Here's what I'm hoping for...

-Near full-speed N64 emulator/more compatible (Body Harvest)

-Stand alone PSone user created emulator

-A more user friendly version of Dosbox

-A more updated version of PicoDrive

-At least one more GTA for the PSP port or otherwise.

-I truly hope FF Dissidia, Kingdom hearts and FF CC are as good as they look

-For pspcomic to have a function much like "pepviewer" to let the user play mp3s while using it.

-For PSPtube to have compatibility with cruncyroll.com (or any other anime streaming site)

-32x emu

Can't think of much else.....

Also, happy new year guys!

Buddy4point0
January 2nd, 2008, 17:36
i would deffinantly like to see n64 perfectly emulated before the end of the year. perhaps enhancments to the sony ps1 emulator as well.

wolfpack
January 2nd, 2008, 18:03
Fullspeed daedalus and a NEW (not a port) Resident Evil game for psp, with the camera angle of RE4. That would be kickass.

myuusmeow
January 2nd, 2008, 18:28
Full speed Mario 64.
Full speed Yoshi's Island. (I know I can use a GBA emulator for that, but that's what my EZ-Flash 3-in-1 is for)
Affordable 8gB MemorySticks. 8gB for CSOs (And ISOs for games like GTA) and Popstation, 2gB for homebrew. :D
Either a way to use 1.50 homebrew on Slim or Duke Nukem 3d for the Slim.
User friendly DOSBOX.
Cheap high capacity official batteries.

rennervision
January 2nd, 2008, 18:30
Just got a PSP Slim for Christmas and it's now hacked thanks to a Datel Tool battery that arrived the following day. Since I'm new to the scene, for all I know some of the things I want have already been accomplished (although I kind of doubt it).

Anyways, most of my favorite "classic" games are now available in a portable format. But there's two I would still like to see:

1. A playable port of the Atari Jaguar's Alien vs. Predator game.

2. A playable port of Half-Life by either using the Dreamcast version which was pulled before it was ever released (although it's floating around out there on the Internet) or (yeah, I know I'm really dreaming) the PS2 version.

Baboon
January 2nd, 2008, 20:01
CPS3 emulator, or Street Fighter 4 for PSP (it's 2.5D game after all), full speed daedalus, better mame, more games coming out for it.

You read my mind on all counts! :thumbup:

...Except I'd also love to see the PSPuae updated soon too. :D

PsychosisAU
January 3rd, 2008, 04:14
W3 N3ed teH PS3 emul4t07 so 1 can 9lay 7351574NC3: F411 0f M4n!!! twood bee 1337!!!LOLZ!!!1!!!1!one!!

Ps: X80X EGO be gud 2!!

Seriously though, I would like to see the DS emulator (DSume isnt it?) further developed so that we might be able to use some DS homebrew such as the uClinux port and maybe some commercial games at playable (65-70% speeds, which is possible with the PSPs processor)

As many have said, Daedalus would be great to have full speed by the end of the year, but I like the current appoach of just working on specific games compatibility.
I would love to play No Mercy of WCW/NWO revenge on my PSP!

WiFi multiplayer in emulators (especially simpler ones like GB, imagine being able to trade and battle pokemon over WiFi! It would totally roxor diamond and pearls system :thumbup: )

I would also like to see some great new commercial games like assassins creed, a good WWE game (dont say '08 was good) and a fully 3D final fantasy game, like Crisis Core, but a main series installment (final fantasy XIV or something).

Also, on a side note, I wouldnt mind seeing duke nukem forever released this year as well.

embi3n
January 3rd, 2008, 05:03
a slim compatible wifi sniffer :)

Tsigalko
January 3rd, 2008, 09:17
I would love to see a full speed (with perfect audio) PSPUAE amiga emulator! hopefully coming soon :D A full speed daedalus would also be welcomed! Also more support for the psp slim and improvements to the pimpstreamer v1.0

kharaboudjan
January 3rd, 2008, 11:25
- PSPUAE to reach fullspeed

- Daedalus to be fullspeed

- SNES games to be fullspeed

- Picodrive to be updated

ANorthernSoul
January 3rd, 2008, 20:40
Mainly for interest to stay, new apps to be created, new games developed, new hardware releases etc

Also, as mentioned many times already, for the numerous emulators to keep being developed and gradually improved, even if only by little.

Dr Eggman
January 4th, 2008, 00:47
DarK_AleX will continue to develop the OE's, or make m33 that i will like (that is 1.50 subset, PSP Phat only!)
Some Big-*ss homebrew developer will make a Dreamcast Emulator for PSP, and by 3/4 of the year it'll be done.
OFW 4.00 comes out, allowing for emulation of all previous firmwares, and with 1.5 subset. So all homebrew is guaranteed to work. And, support for CIntros and a recovery menu.
Also I want Daedalus full speed.

That's about it.

embi3n
January 4th, 2008, 00:53
since we are fantasizing here, i'd have to say a solid snes emulator