PDA

View Full Version : The Nintendo DS Scene - Your Hopes for the Year Ahead

wraggster
January 1st, 2008, 22:25
The Nintendo DS Scene is an amazing scene with so many homebrew releases that are commercial quality games spanning so many genres and applications that make the DS the premier console for homebrew but still so much can be done, as fans heres a question for you?

What are your Hopes for the Nintendo DS both in Homebrew and the Commercial Arena ?

stevo11185
January 1st, 2008, 22:32
I want pocket physics to be completed and also some GOOD games for the ds D:

JKKDARK
January 1st, 2008, 22:38
I would like a more active homebrew community there, too bad I don't have a DS.
But I'm glad to see it's being one of the biggest success in the video games history, even it will be bigger than PS2. Just see how the DS sales are better than the PS2 sales on Japan too soon :)

____anders____
January 1st, 2008, 23:36
i actually bought a nintendo ds lite and an R4 revolution just because i discovered the homebrew ds scene here on DCemu..

i bought it last summer and sinse then i've discovered very good emulators and homebrew games and apps that i use very often on my ds.

i would like to see some improvements on the snes emulators because i can't find any way to play seiken densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) at decent speeds.

anyways, i think it's a very good site, and i bought a wii last friday just because i saw the sdload thing, which seems like a cool thing..

but unfortunatley i upgraded the firmware to 3.1, hehe stupid but i didn't know sdload wouldn't work on 3.1..

hate N just a little bit cus they made sd media launcher not work..

just keep it up with the site! :D

TeenDev
January 2nd, 2008, 00:01
I would like the NDS Homebrew games to be sustaining enough to want to play them over and over...

____anders____
January 2nd, 2008, 01:11
teendev has a good point there..

make bigger and longer lasting homebrew games :D

The Hombrew Hunter
January 2nd, 2008, 01:36
I'd like to get my hands on an R4.

I want to see a Slot 1 GBA emulator.

Whatever happened to Bonic, the guy who liked Sonic and made that cool Sonic homebrew game? He was working on one...Well, for the Max Media Dock.

I'd also like to see a Genesis emulator with sound and a Super Nintendo emulator with better speed and sound support.

Also. Um....Maybe WiFi homebrew that's easier to use?

Steely
January 2nd, 2008, 03:00
Agreed. I love emulators on DS.

I'm looking forward to the final and after-final version of VGMDS. It seems like the homebrew with the most depth on the DS.

Carn
January 2nd, 2008, 03:03
I'd never even thought about any homebrew scene for any gaming device until I saw a Max Media Dock in Wal-Mart one day. It intrigued me that I could play user-made games on my DS so I went home and researched the MMD and came across this site. The sheer amount of stuff that was already on the scene at that time...I went the next week and bought a MMD.

I had tons of fun on my MMD with homebrew and the emulators but then when I decided to get a DSLite I knew I wouldn't want that bulky thing sticking out so much. So I decided after researching all the slot-1 cards that I'd get an EZV. I've since bought one and can't be happier. DCEmu opened my eyes to a side of gaming I'd never even thought of. Thanks wraggy!

Oh and I'd like two more things from the scene. I know people work hard on their own time to make these games and apps so I won't even act like I'm in a place to order anything from anyone who makes homebrew for the DS.

1. More RPGs. There's so few on the scene right now...

2. An app that plays music while letting you read a .txt file. It seems like such an easy idea and it would help out tons for people that for example have audio books and want to read along or for people like me that have the lyrics to every song they own in .txt format and want to read the lyrics while listening to the song...>_>

unholy3000
January 2nd, 2008, 03:06
hmmm well theres this fun game me and my bro like to play on the computer its called...

Heroes of Might and Magic III

a very fun game i think this would be a amazing homebrew game for the ds... but it would need 2 player weither u take turns on same ds or ds to ds and wifi would be nice 2...

and theres a chat called chat box i think and im in a clan and we use this chat box (http://t3clan.ipbfree.com/ go there ull see i think if u log in ull see at bottum a chat thats the one i talking about) so idf this is possible to make the chat work on a browser or something else aslong as i can use it on my r4 with ndslite

ooo and i would like to see something that lets me play music while playing a official nds game if possible...

theres other stuff cant remeber:S

but thos e would be great

( idk if im even writing aobut the write stuff not really sure wat ds scene is:S)

dnds5
January 2nd, 2008, 03:52
- improvements in SNES emulation
- online in more third-party games (ex. CoD 4)

kcajblue
January 2nd, 2008, 08:07
I'd like to get my hands on an R4.

I want to see a Slot 1 GBA emulator.

Whatever happened to Bonic, the guy who liked Sonic and made that cool Sonic homebrew game? He was working on one...Well, for the Max Media Dock.

I'd also like to see a Genesis emulator with sound and a Super Nintendo emulator with better speed and sound support.

Also. Um....Maybe WiFi homebrew that's easier to use?
whoa. thh, i havent seen you around in a while.
and i just noticed it cause you mentioned it, bonic hasnt been around either.

anyway, i think the ds scene is doing really well.
but some peoples work gets unnoticed when it should.

pas
January 2nd, 2008, 11:59
A GTA game Comercial wise and the completion of Pocket Physiks. (Although a commercial Incredible Machine would rock aswell) .

Kazayami
January 2nd, 2008, 12:17
A Skype client would be good. Online MORPG, although I prefer things with more practical use. I hope for the development in DSLinux more.

Oh, and also a streaming FLV player for online videos. A flash player is far too much to ask, but a FLV player is within the boundaries of reasonablity

pas
January 2nd, 2008, 12:58
A offline flash player would reach for me (and I want to add a sqaud based onlien 3rd person shooter ala' Socom, cause the DS hasn't got a online shooter since one year now)

EDIT:

Also a multi-chat client with ICQ, MSN, AIM, Googletalk supportwould freakin' rule

kaspergreenday
January 2nd, 2008, 13:22
Indeed i would also like Pocket physics to be fully unbugged.
It cool also be cool to make a homebrew that could watch movies on youtube, without any need of computer or something like that just the ds.

Maybe also some better web browsers.
i know theres some pretty good ones out there but they could get better.

____anders____
January 2nd, 2008, 15:46
yeah a slot 1 gba emulator or something that will trick the ds in gba mode to play GBA games and GBA homebrew..

emulators are my favourite too :D

love the nesDS with its rewind function, it's brilliant :D

pas
January 2nd, 2008, 18:11
even if you would trick it... it would do nothing more than switching to it... you would have to emulate it, and for this purpurose you can buy the nowadays cheap gba flashcards OR EVEN BETTER, buy the ORIGINAL GAME !

robman84
January 2nd, 2008, 19:22
Further development on DSOrganise (I love DSO) and FrodoDS.

Oh, and Lien to decide to pick up our joint NDS drum machine/sample trigger/Roland Octopad emulator thing again :o) It was soooo close to a release!!

crookedmouth
January 3rd, 2008, 03:57
I would love to see further work on the Apple2, Atari800xl,AtariST and Commodore 64 emulators.

And a release of the MiniVmac macintosh emulator.

knifethrower
January 3rd, 2008, 14:23
Also a multi-chat client with ICQ, MSN, AIM, Googletalk supportwould freakin' rule

This can be done right now, it's just not very pretty and it's kind of "cheating". You need an IRC client for the DS (there are several out there). Once you have that connect to a BitlBee IRC<->IM gateway server. You can find a list of public BitlBee servers here (http://www.bitlbee.org/main.php/servers.html).

SweetFA
January 3rd, 2008, 18:24
QuakeDS infrastructure mode would be nice.

wiggy fuzz
January 3rd, 2008, 19:36
the person creating the mpeg 4 player for the ds to take his time :)

ds organize to incorporate a video playback function

another black ds

Gilrad
January 4th, 2008, 04:07
Somebody to finally create a decent custom ouendan client (with support for .osu files).