PDA

View Full Version : The Playstation 3 - Your Hopes for the Year Ahead

wraggster
January 1st, 2008, 22:55
The Playstation 3 has had enough bad press this year but it is the most powerful console of this generation and the very good games are starting to arrive, on the homebrew front the PS3 has linux but real homebrew fans want something more than Linux, with that in mind heres a question for PS3 fans!

What are your Hopes for the Playstation 3 both in Homebrew and the Commercial Arena ?

JKKDARK
January 1st, 2008, 23:26
I don't like this system, seriously. And I'm glad to see it's not getting success in both, commercial and homebrew scenes.

Gizmo356
January 1st, 2008, 23:27
I want sony to make a 3d GFX driver for linux

goity
January 1st, 2008, 23:36
Why exactly do you hate the PS3? Imo it is easily the best system out right now, with brilliant releases like R+C, HS, Uncharted and Enchanted Arms out already, as well as some even better ones coming out.

As for homebrew hopes? Some decent games being released specially for the PS3 Linux, and maybe a bigger homebrew spot for PS3 on DCEMU ;)? A 3d gfx driver would also obviously be awesome.

Commercial, I hope that FFXIII comes out soon, and the same for Home, MGS4 and LBP.

xg917
January 1st, 2008, 23:49
i just want the ps3 to become as good homebrew system as the psp. n64 emulator on ps3 would be awsome.

avtools
January 2nd, 2008, 01:14
My hopes/wishes for 2008 on PS3 scene are:
- Price drop of BRD games and movies.
- More exclusive AAA games and Xbox360 ports
- More Wii-like games that take real advantage of SIXAXIS.
- More quality PSN downloadable games, like Warhawk.
- More expansion packs for current games.
- More full level and online demos like Burnout Paradise or TimeShift. I hated Heavely Sword super short demo.
- Support for SRT/SUB subtitles on MP4 and DIVX/XVID movies.
- Improved connectivity with PSP to play PS2 and PS3 games remotely, like it already does with PS1 games.
- Non-hardware DVR feature on USA version of PS3.
- Home
- Official PSP fat video out through PS3 via USB, like RemoteJoy does.
- Some of the XMB features already available on PSP, like on-screen date/time, movie scene search, PS3Radio, RSS, selectable audio visualizers, etc.
- PSP Skype also on PS3
- XMB access from in-game

If I can dream, then for 2008 I wish: an ISO loader or modchip ;-)

F9zDark
January 2nd, 2008, 02:57
My hopes?

That the asshole fanboys/fangirls around here would stop posting useless flamebait in the PS3 forums. Don't like the system, don't post in the PS3 forums.

Napalm-Death
January 2nd, 2008, 03:05
My hopes?

That the asshole fanboys/fangirls around here would stop posting useless flamebait in the PS3 forums. Don't like the system, don't post in the PS3 forums.

Adding onto this, I hope that Home will get released soon, for MGS4 and FFXIII to come out this year and for more content on the PlayStation Store.

Zin0099
January 2nd, 2008, 07:22
hope that the ps3 gets custom firmware cuss i will buy a 20gb and leave my 60gb as a regular system with no cfw then i will have fun with both worlds or if sony actually lett's linux users have the extra mem/ram emulaters on the linux would be good. ps2 emu for my jap games

Gene
January 2nd, 2008, 08:49
I only wish for one thing. I have the 80gb model and 3 of my favorite games don't have full compatability(unbearably slow, no online, hanging). So my only wish is to have those games running at the very least, full speed.

Shadowblind
January 2nd, 2008, 09:02
My hopes?

Thank you. If you want to argue about a system then at least argue with logic.

My hopes--
--Price drop
--God of War 3
--Tales of Vesperia
--KH3

My selling point is any one of those 3.

Napalm-Death
January 2nd, 2008, 16:01
Thank you. If you want to argue about a system then at least argue with logic.

My hopes--
--Price drop
--God of War 3
--Tales of Vesperia
--KH3

My selling point is any one of those 3.

A button masher, an RPG with anime styled art and a Disney/Square crossover? I'm pretty sure that there are bigger games that would qualify as selling points.

Skmasterpiece
January 2nd, 2008, 19:18
This year will be the time where the Playstation 3 will truely shine.

Releases:
Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online
Devil May Cry 4 (Better than the 360 version apparently.)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Tekken 6
Haze

And Possibly:
Silent Hill 5
Final Fantasy XIII & Versus XIII
Resident Evil 5
Star Ocean 4
Sequel to Resistance: Fall of Man

Im also expecting some suprises along the way to like Uncharted: Dakes Fortune.

I promise you by the end of 2008 all that bad press against the Playstation 3 will be gobsmacked.

MicroNut
January 3rd, 2008, 16:39
1. Sony to grant full RSX access in Linux

2. If they wont allow #1
I hope PS3 kernel is hacked allowing for custom firmware.

3. Warner to join Blue Ray which would end the HD format war.

4. An emotion engine PS3 SKU at the 80GB price.

5. PS3 grinches to find love in their hearts once again.

6. Wipeout HD sooner than July08

7. Keyboard and Mouse support required for all FPS games.

TTownEP
January 3rd, 2008, 18:14
1. More 1080p games
2. Gran Turismo 5
3. Better PSP Remote Play functionality.