PDA

View Full Version : Yakuza 3 demo for PSN this month

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2008, 18:10
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178381)

A playable demo of Yakuza 3, the latest (PS3-exclusive) edition of Sega's Japanese gangster-themed brawler will be hitting the Japanese PSN as soon as this month, reports suggest.

After two games set in the glitzy lights of present day Tokyo, the third game takes the series back in time to the 17 century, with samurai running around with swords, slicing faces off and stuff, as you do. Sounds awesome.

The demo is expected to arrive on PSN "mid-January", according to "wholesale" sources, coutesy of Google translations of Gamefront.

Sega is, however yet to officially confirm the demo's release date. The full game is out in Japan on March 6. Don't expect a UK release to follow until late '08 at the earliest.

JKKDARK
January 2nd, 2008, 18:18
Damn this is the only PS3 title that I really want. I hate you Sega, why you don't want to port it to Xbox 360? :(

Tree
January 2nd, 2008, 18:30
:d

F9zDark
January 2nd, 2008, 19:14
Damn this is the only PS3 title that I really want. I hate you Sega, why you don't want to port it to Xbox 360? :(

Why ruin the game like that?

JKKDARK
January 2nd, 2008, 20:17
Why ruin the game like that?

Considering the few PS3 users, the serie will be discontinued if it stays on PS3.

F9zDark
January 2nd, 2008, 20:45
Considering the few PS3 users, the serie will be discontinued if it stays on PS3.

The few... There are around 6 million PS3 users out there. Hardly anything to worry about when it comes to sales.

Sonicboy 101
January 2nd, 2008, 20:47

You just don't like the PS3 do you? :rolleyes:

F9zDark
January 2nd, 2008, 21:09
Considering that North America might see the release of Yakuza 2 sometime in 2008, I wouldn't even get our hopes up that Yakuza 3 will make it here anytime soon.

And clearly this will remain a Playstation exclusive, as have the other games. In fact, I'd warrant to say that its a shows of "Japanese Favoritism". The idea that the game, being of Japanese story, ideals, set and setting, would be limited only to Japanese consoles (and maybe only to Japan). Sega would probably never release this on a non-Japanese manufactured console.

And besides, even if it went multiplatform, there is no US release date, and the sales of the 360 suck in Japan, so it wouldn't help Sega at all to release a, at present, Japan-only game, on the console that is doing the worst of them all in Japan.

JKKDARK
January 2nd, 2008, 21:15
The few... There are around 6 million PS3 users out there. Hardly anything to worry about when it comes to sales.
Do you think that 5.59 million users will buy Yakuza 3? lol
When Shenmue was released, the Dreamcast had more than 6 million users and the Shenmue sales were terrible.

F9zDark
January 2nd, 2008, 21:20
Do you think that 5.59 million users will buy Yakuza 3? lol
When Shenmue was released, the Dreamcast had more than 6 million users and the Shenmue sales were terrible.

Bad marketing or a bad game can easily make sales suck, not including the fact that the Dreamcast was a pirate's heaven; why would Dreamcast owners buy a game when they can download it?

But now had Shenmue been on Dreamcast and PS2, and still its sales sucked as bad, the company making it could have gone out of business, since the cost of developing for 2 systems would have been much higher than for one.