PDA

View Full Version : Download DS games on Wii

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2008, 18:22
via Computer and Video Games
(http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178413)

US Nintendo DS owners will soon be able to download DS games through their Wii, Nintendo US boss Reggie Fils-Amie has told the New York Times.

The service will offer both complete games and demos, which will be directly downloaded to Wii via broadband, then wirelessly transmitted to DS.

Additional content for newer titles will also be a possibility, with new puzzles already confirmed for the upcoming Professor Layton.

Nintendo looks to be widening the range of services it provides as its user base also grows. At a baseball game last year in Seattle, fans could watch the game, order food and view statistics, all using their handheld console.

Whether this is just whimsical experimenting on the part of Nintendo's research team is a matter for debate, but it sounds interesting to us.

Currently there is no confirmation that the service will arrive in the UK, but given there's little reason for it not to, we speculatively expect to hear more later this year.

JKKDARK
January 2nd, 2008, 18:28
It would be a nice idea to see downloable Game Boy and Game Boy Color games. Virtual Console is a success, so the same project on DS (which is more successful than Wii) would be perfect.

mr game porter
January 2nd, 2008, 18:41
they allready have it in japan. i don't know what the channel is called but there is vids of it on youtube. look really nice. you can also check interviews and trailers for new games. and im 100% certain that it's comming to europe as well sometime this year.

robman84
January 2nd, 2008, 18:57
Wonder if they'll only work on the official flash cart. Would be a huge shame. I would be very happy to pay perhaps 60-70% of the normal price of a cartridge to download a game to a 3rd party flash cart with the capacity to store lotsa games. I despise having to haul around all of my DS carts in a big storage case thingy.

Brainy142
January 2nd, 2008, 19:18
hmm.... you can only play them when your close to your wii... no good if you change games a lot/ like to SAVE

das64
January 2nd, 2008, 19:22
I have a Japanese wii and I have this channel, it's kinda cool for a little while.
most of the DS demos are training games, and such.
nothing exciting, yet.
as for the rest of the channel, Its like a wii website, of sorts.
it's lets you view info on upcoming games, T.V. ads, and trailers.
just on Tuesday they put up all the trailers for brawl, which
I will be getting this month.

gutbub
January 2nd, 2008, 20:27
Since is downloaded from the Wii, does that mean your Wii has to be on the whole time you play the game? Or does Nintendo have their own flashcart that you have to buy?

____anders____
January 2nd, 2008, 22:28
i would like to see the handhelds come to virtual console..

that would be great!
but.. i have an r4 revolution so i don't acually need it, but if i can download gbc and gba games, it would be awesome..

hope it comes to europe too :D

abeisgreat
January 3rd, 2008, 06:10
if the new DS would have like internal mem or an MicroSD or anything it would be nice to download games through the Wii and put em on your DS would rock