PDA

View Full Version : Time Crisis 4 with Guncon 3 US version

wraggster
January 2nd, 2008, 18:52
New from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/Playstation_3_Time_Crisis_4_with_Guncon_3_US_versi on.html?aff_id=24)

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/PS3-0174-L.jpg

Turn your living room into a state of the art arcade arena! Join operatives Giorgio and Evan to investigate and prevent a top secret weapon from falling into the hands of international terrorists.
The latest and most advanced title in the popular Time Crisis series is now arriving on the PS3. Time Crisis 4 delivers the first and only arcade style interactive first-person shooter (FPS) gaming experience on the next gen console with HD quality graphics. Superior to its arcade counterpart, Time Crisis 4 is reborn with additional new free roaming FPS stages along with a new and improved Guncon. In addition to future downloadable content, Time Crisis 4 brings a fresh new look that will carry the series into the next generation.

F9zDark
January 2nd, 2008, 19:07
Eh, I wasn't too thrilled with the game. The Gun-Con 3 is quite accurate, but the mini-games suck and I wish FPS-mode worked with the gun as well. The screen looks empty without the guns on there. 2 player mode blows, since split screen cuts the screens near in half before even putting the image on there, leaving players with a 1/4 of the screen each to play in.

Maybe it was just my video settings, since Timeshift requires 16:9 to play, but still, I wasn't overly impressed and the characters look like a joke. Couldn't they have made the characters look more Police/Military like? The other two douche bags look more like Italian metro-sexuals than they do police officers, secret agents, military, etc

Tree
January 2nd, 2008, 22:59
the guncon dont work with the first person shooter mode !!!! wtf ... i was thinking bout gettin it but having second thoughts now ... i wouldnt mine not seeing the guns tho i think it would be good if you could see em and you could see em move as u move the guncon and that.

F9zDark
January 3rd, 2008, 04:42
the guncon dont work with the first person shooter mode !!!! wtf ... i was thinking bout gettin it but having second thoughts now ... i wouldnt mine not seeing the guns tho i think it would be good if you could see em and you could see em move as u move the guncon and that.

Thats what I was hoping for but it wasn't so. However, I must say, that the makers of the GunCon 3 did it right in my opinion. It is quite accurate, using 2 sensors, with 3 IR LEDs in each.

Sure it works similar to that of a Wii-mote, but it is very accurate. Too bad it wasn't coupled with SixAxis though :(