PDA

View Full Version : fas1 Released - flash a FlashAdvance cartridge in Slot-2 from a Slot-1 device

wraggster
January 2nd, 2008, 20:12
Old FlashAdvance cartridges for the Gameboy Advance used a Parallel Port device for flashing files to the cartridge from a PC. It's hard to find a newer PC (especially a laptop) with a Parallel Port. Based off of tftpds, FAS1 (FlashAdvance Slot-1) lets you place Gameboy Advance games in a folder "GBA" on a Slot-1 device (M3/R4/SuperCard/G6) and flash those files to a FlashAdvance 256 cartridge (only model tested) sitting in Slot-2 of your Nintendo DS.

Like tftpds, it uses Jeff Frohwein's GBA FLinker tool to do the writing, writing at a rate of 18s/meg. A full file (32 megs) takes about 9.5 minutes.

Also, it allows you to backup Bank 1 of your SRAM (64KB) to the cartridge in Slot-1. It also allows you to flash a 64KB save file from Slot-1 to the FlashAdvance cartridge.

http://code.google.com/p/fas1/

____anders____
January 2nd, 2008, 22:44
if the flashadvance cartridge is cheaper than supercard ds lite, i will buy one.

i haven't seen any of those in sweden yet..

cory1492
January 3rd, 2008, 00:33
Trust me, you don't want one. They are no longer produced or supported by the manufacturer and haven't been for at least a couple years now.

Smiths
January 3rd, 2008, 02:28
Wragg, I don't get any credit? Come on, ya whore. It's me, you lil bitch!
I'll cut your balls off.

____anders____
January 3rd, 2008, 15:16
ok.. then i will have to buy a slot 2 cart then..

urherenow
January 3rd, 2008, 22:47
I have a flash2 advance and have to use very old software, a GBASP, and the included USB linker to get stuff on it.

I also have a 3 in 1 and a slot 1 program to transfer to the 3 in 1. The biggest problem... I cannot get a GBA game to run in pogoshell (although GB/GBC and NES titles run great with a pogoshell image).
The only way to play a GBA game with it is to flash the GBA rom, by itself, onto the 3 in 1. Is there any way around this, or any way to make GBA roms work in pogoshell or is there any other program around that will let you put more than one .gba file on a 3 in 1?