PDA

View Full Version : Flashing eeprom...

ab_geee_eee
January 2nd, 2008, 22:42
Hello, after backing up my battery's eeprom and downgrading a slim and trying to flash my back-ip eeprom i get a message saying: Error at writing address 0x14 :( does this mean my battery will not be able to be converted back to a normal battery?:confused:

cal360
January 2nd, 2008, 22:44
No I have that problem. Sometimes it means you have to flash it twice to restore it to normal. I'm not sure why it does it, it may be because you had a bad backup and it can't restore it all, it's the same address as mine so don't worry too much.

ab_geee_eee
January 2nd, 2008, 22:46
Ok, ive flashed it three times now but it still doesnt work :(

cal360
January 2nd, 2008, 22:48
Try turning off your PSP completely and turning it on again a few times and eventually it should work again.

ab_geee_eee
January 2nd, 2008, 22:57
ok, ive now tried it 6 times and it does not work :( I have a different back-up of an eeprom for this battery, i saved it on my brother's pc, should i try flashing that eeprom?

cal360
January 2nd, 2008, 23:00
Try it, make sure it's from your battery though.

ab_geee_eee
January 2nd, 2008, 23:10
okej, im sure its from my battery but i guess i have to wait until tomorrow because my brother is busy now and it's on his pc :(

cal360
January 2nd, 2008, 23:13
I would try my process again then just for luck :D, until you can get on his computer.

ab_geee_eee
January 2nd, 2008, 23:19
hehe yea ill do that

cal360
January 2nd, 2008, 23:28
Actually i've got something else you can try. Once you have flashed the battery, turn off the PSP then take out the battery and then put it back in and hopefully on the second time of doing this it should work.

ab_geee_eee
January 2nd, 2008, 23:33
I did that just now and it still does not work I think it's because the eeprom.bin was a bad back-up :(

cal360
January 2nd, 2008, 23:35
Ahh oh well I tried :D.

ab_geee_eee
January 2nd, 2008, 23:39
Hehe yeah, but thank you anyway :) ;)

ab_geee_eee
January 3rd, 2008, 12:24
Ok, I tried the other eeprom.bin and I still get the same message.. :( Is the file supposed to be 4kb? I can still open my PSP using that battery normally anyway so I don't really mind..

hodgy47
January 4th, 2008, 15:34
Thats why it wont write if your battery boots up your psp normally then its a normal battery and you cant write a backed up eprom to a normal battery only a pandora one

cal360
January 4th, 2008, 15:37
hodgy47 is right. All I was helping you do is boot your PSP normally with your battery not fix it. Mine does exactly the same thing and as long as it boots there's nothing to worry about. Mine works perfectly without any faults.

ab_geee_eee
January 4th, 2008, 16:31
Ahha ok, thank you ;)

Dr Eggman
January 4th, 2008, 19:51
Are you using the L+R flash? Don't!! Use square, and it will write the generic serial 0x12345678.

cal360
January 4th, 2008, 21:09
Are you using the L+R flash? Don't!! Use square, and it will write the generic serial 0x12345678.

Don't use the square flash as it writes a code that simulates the original, but isn't. It's there as a last resort and can cause various problems with the battery that can cause it to play up for example by not charging to its full capacity. Use the L + R sequence as it restores the original file to the system and will cause no problems.

ab_geee_eee
January 4th, 2008, 23:50
ahha ok, cool didn't know that :)

Dr Eggman
January 5th, 2008, 23:42
I tryed, but i got the same error as ab_geee_eee, and if i put the battery it would kick into service mode! But, the program told me the serial was mine (0x69****A), But it would still kick into service mode. When i wrote the generic serial, i got no problems at ALL. And my PSP charges full!

Oh, and if i PM you my serial, is there anyway i can somehow Re-write it? when i formatted my memory stick i forgot to backup the eeprom.bin and i would prefer to use my original (just in case sony says i tampered with the battery if i sometime send it in for service)

hodgy47
January 6th, 2008, 02:54
You cant generate a matching eprom serial for your battery so if you deleted the backup its gone and as far as i am aware you cant use an eprom from another battery if the default generated one works dont worry as for sony finding out if you do need to put your psp in for service just buy a cheap battery or borrow one for while its away.