PDA

View Full Version : PSP DOSBox v0.71 Build 02.01.2008 - Dos Emulator for PSP

aTomIC
January 2nd, 2008, 22:53
New day, new release ;). CrazyC released a new build of his famous port of DOSBox for our PSP. He wrotes:

I put up a new build which attempts to auto calculate the cylinder,head,sector values. The result should have a number of sectors just slightly less then the actual on the disk. Hopefully it will also be larger then the first partition, but if not it won't be terrible as dosbox only uses CHS for int 13h operations which very few apps use. In short, don't try to run fdisk from within dosbox. To do it run "imgmount <drive> msstor0: -t hdd -fs fat".

Get the latest build from:
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=9564
or:
http://www.emunews24.de/dosemus.html#sony%20psp257

kyyubidx
January 3rd, 2008, 13:58
hum... 02.01.2007? YAY!! we travelled back through time!!

*seriously*

Its great to have a new build of DosBox but in all that text you quoted I failed to understand in what does this new build have anything new... In terms of speed of course...
Anyways great post ;)

aTomIC
January 3rd, 2008, 14:36
Aarrgh, thx for the message. I fixed the date. Sorry.

Its great to have a new build of DosBox but in all that text you quoted I failed to understand in what does this new build have anything new... In terms of speed of course...
I don't understand CrazyC, too. But, i think he improved the hdd emulation because there were some trouble mounting an image.

kyyubidx
January 3rd, 2008, 16:28
ooooh... ok... that's fine I guess :P

ANorthernSoul
January 3rd, 2008, 20:20
Great stuff.

A very noobish question, I know, but I've mounted my Theme Hospital directory as CD-rom, now what command do I type to use it? I'm trying to get around the No CD error, as I obviously can't insert my CD.

myuusmeow
January 7th, 2008, 23:43
If you can't get this to work, then try the Theme Hospital PSX game with Popstation.

jurkevicz
January 8th, 2008, 00:57
I need help with controls for Alone in the Dark. Can anyone tell me how to assign the controls in the config?

No_one_in_particular
January 8th, 2008, 01:55
If you can't get this to work, then try the Theme Hospital PSX game with Popstation.
No worries, I've got it working now. There's no music and the ingame animations are unwatchable, but it's still very playable. I'd just like to find out what benefits mounting to a CDROM or an ISO give, really.

I need help with controls for Alone in the Dark. Can anyone tell me how to assign the controls in the config?
You'd be better off using .bat file placed inside AITD's directory. Here's my .bat I'm using for Theme Hospital:
http://download.yousendit.com/4143609F531FE3C2

edit it using Notepad, change the function at the end of each line, as you can see I've used half the buttons so I could spell my name easily when starting Theme Hospital (you only really need the mouse buttons when playing Theme Hospital - which I've assigned to X & [] for ease).

button1 and button2 are the two mouse buttons, and if you'd like you can change R & L by using rtrigger & ltrigger. They're defaulted as the mouse buttons, with the joystick being the mouse itself.

Finally don't forget to change the final word to the name of the .exe your gonna be executing. As you can probably guess mine was hospital.exe

Now when you come to play Alone in the Dark, instead of launching the exe, launch the .bat which will map your buttons and then launch the game itself.

jurkevicz
January 8th, 2008, 02:23
Thanks, that helped a lot!

No_one_in_particular
January 8th, 2008, 02:57
No worries, copy and paste your .bat commands here once you've got them figured out - I wouldn't mind seeing what all the fuss is about. :)

TheLazy1
January 8th, 2008, 03:01
I tested these games:

Commander Keen 4 - Runs pretty well, almost full speed music + sound (some crackling)
Commander Keen 6 - Same as above
Duke Nukem II - Some slowdowns, playable with music off

This is an amazing port, my only suggestion would be an increase in volume.
It's pretty quiet even with the volume at max.

hokk
January 8th, 2008, 08:33
Has anyone tested Civilization 1? I've tested it and it runs very well but the psp locks and shuts down after playing the game for about 4 min.

Got Slim with 3.71 M33-2.

Any suggestions?

alek777
January 20th, 2008, 13:59
my windows 3.1 on slim works now!!

Bane King
February 3rd, 2008, 17:38
Try not to rip on me too hard but how do you use the shift key?

No_one_in_particular
February 3rd, 2008, 18:12
Took me a while too.

http://www.niwra.nl/psp/p-sprint-c/doc/images/keygroup1qwerty_black.gif

So if I was trying to type a capital A, then I would do this:
Press and hold triangle, then press the up arrow, release both and then press circle.

hokk
February 6th, 2008, 20:59
One question. If I use INPUTMAP to bind the psp buttons to keyboard buttons, and then launches the game with INPUTMAP EXEC some games and apps won't work correctly (like heroes and win3.1) .. How can I solve this problem? Is there any other way to bind buttons?

jvabbdac
February 8th, 2008, 04:17
Please...I need i litle help...How can i install a game and use with this emulator ? I want try Constructor, anybody know if its will work ?

**Sorry my bad english !

No_one_in_particular
February 8th, 2008, 12:05
Put some effort in ! Do a search, I'm sure you'll find Murdock's guide.

4luc42d
February 10th, 2008, 22:16
apologies beforehand as i am unfamiliar to dosbox and how it operates how would i go about running return to zork a cd-based dos game? i have the cd already imaged it to run faster on my comp im just trying to play on my psp now.