PDA

View Full Version : UK Postcode Lookup MapThis Problem/GMDL SAT hybrid map

fubarpatsharp
January 3rd, 2008, 16:48
I have been using MapThis now for a month or two with only little problems that ive sorted out.

Now i have ran into that using Google hybrid sat maps can only do about 1000 tiles at a time, which is annoying cos i don't know if maps can be joined together? To create a larger hybrid map, which i can do with Microsoft hybrid sat maps buy they are not as good quality as Google's by far in my area.

Also that once i have made the geodata file for UK postcodes but when i go to use address look up it wont work with a UK postcode cos it wants a US Zipcode.

i think maybe i need an edited MapThis to work off the UK Postcode.

Can anyone offer any help with my problems???

I have a Fat PSP, CFW 3.40 oe-a and mapthis V0.5.2, V0.5.01 and V0.5.05 all wont lookup uk postcodes.

Thank you for any help anyone can give me

molik
April 19th, 2008, 23:38
Sorry to bother you. I want to use Mapthis V0.5.05 as well, but I don't have the map files for navigation----Could you please give me the download link of the UK map file or you upload to www.megaupload.com space so that I can download?? Then send me the link to my email: [email protected] or use this forum's message. Thanks in advance!!

Nieko
April 20th, 2008, 15:31
You can download maps using GMDL: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Maps

AdamRav
May 6th, 2008, 13:14
I have been using MapThis now for a month or two with only little problems that ive sorted out.

Now i have ran into that using Google hybrid sat maps can only do about 1000 tiles at a time, which is annoying cos i don't know if maps can be joined together? To create a larger hybrid map, which i can do with Microsoft hybrid sat maps buy they are not as good quality as Google's by far in my area.

Also that once i have made the geodata file for UK postcodes but when i go to use address look up it wont work with a UK postcode cos it wants a US Zipcode.

i think maybe i need an edited MapThis to work off the UK Postcode.

Can anyone offer any help with my problems???

I have a Fat PSP, CFW 3.40 oe-a and mapthis V0.5.2, V0.5.01 and V0.5.05 all wont lookup uk postcodes.

Thank you for any help anyone can give me

You do know that Sony's official GPS software is leaked for UK and Ireland only

Try to find that and your good to go