PDA

View Full Version : StarLite: StarCraft version DS v0.01

wraggster
January 3rd, 2008, 18:50
Myke38 (http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showpost.php?p=165411&postcount=1) has released Starlite a Clone of the awesome Starcraft to the Nintendo DS, first take a look at these screens;

http://heuer-michael.com/starlite/Image15.gif

http://heuer-michael.com/starlite/Image23.gif

http://heuer-michael.com/starlite/Image21.gif

Heres the full and translated to English Release info:

Hello everyone
Being a fan of Starcraft some years now, we decided to recreate the game on Nitendo Ds.
Our team (commonly called the "StarDev") consists of the time for 2 people, me included. The project has been ongoing for 3 weeks, and today we offer some screenshots and the first version (0.01) "playable" StarLite.
Now you can create units, build buildings, and you fight for small marine red. Far be it from us pretend to get a match on Thursday Starcraft true, but we take pleasure in recreating gradually this universe fascinating.

We are aware that many bugs exist, and we try to correct them as they arise. Trying to turn a blind eye when appparaît bug.

Regarding Stardev, we are now hiring two or three programmers in order to move faster. If you are motivated and interested, please contact us.

Thank you for your attention, and do not hesitate to give your opinion.
Sincerely,
The StarDev.

History:
To do for the next release:
-- We are currently experiencing a lot of worries about the pathfinding and management of collisions. We hope that this problem will be set by the next version.
-- We are attacking also wifi ad-hoc mode, in order to be filled with 2 ds play against one another.
-- Finally, we rajouterons few new units / buildings.

How to play:
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to test the game on an emulator, I urge you to use $ NO GBA, as it is the only emulator to my knowledge, which generates sounds correctly.

Tip: in order to appear more marine Mangement press several times on "A".

http://digg.com/nintendo/Starcraft_Clone_released_for_DS

Download and Give Feedback on this excellent release for all Nintendo DS Fans :)

JKKDARK
January 3rd, 2008, 19:07
It looks amazing for being a homebrew clone.
Good job, Myke38. Too bad I don't have a DS, because I would like to try this good homebrew game.

Hansie
January 3rd, 2008, 20:00
It runs great. Great work.

Brainy142
January 3rd, 2008, 22:40
luv the 60fps all we need are building's and units, an AI

iofthestorm
January 3rd, 2008, 23:04
Runs ok, but has glitches aplenty and the only reason it looks nice is because it's taking sprites directly from starcraft. I hope the programmers have enough mettle to continue with this and see it through, otherwise it'll just be mediocre. Otherwise, nice job I guess.

gutbub
January 3rd, 2008, 23:52
Dude, this is just a great week for me, lol. Starcraft is my all time favorite game, and now it's on my handheld, sweet. Also, to the guy above me, which part of FIRST release didn't you understand?

dnds5
January 4th, 2008, 02:09
Wow...this is seriously awesome. I am so looking forward to the next release. Like the person somewhere above me said, add some units, buildings, AI and its totally playable.

Awesome job.

EDIT: Works on my M3 DS Simply

ultrav33
January 4th, 2008, 14:49
how do i play this on my nds using a max media dock?
NEED HELP!!!

mariocdl
January 4th, 2008, 20:24
Doesnt work on my ttds either, but it is still only a first release, so you cant complain.

tn5493
January 4th, 2008, 20:50
when this game gets an multiplayer mode it will be really coll
good work

mr game porter
January 4th, 2008, 22:49
doesent work on my g6real 2gb for some reason. frezes on "paching dldi" on the ds.

Weed-4-me
January 5th, 2008, 10:24
OMG! sweet! looks awsome! cant wait for next release

deviouscontrol
January 5th, 2008, 21:23
Works pretty well on my supercard ds one hc.
it's a good start, hope it keeps going.

ererereret1
July 14th, 2008, 03:01
I've been trying to put this on my DS but i'm having problems. I've dealed with homebrew before, but i'm a little confused. R u supposed to extract it first? If so, what extracter should i use? I've tried power archiver.

I use a M3ds real, and 2gb sd.

It would be great if i got a response within 24 hours, since i'm going on a trip and would like to have this great game with me.

Thanks for help!

Drego
July 14th, 2008, 14:40
I've been trying to put this on my DS but i'm having problems. I've dealed with homebrew before, but i'm a little confused. R u supposed to extract it first? If so, what extracter should i use? I've tried power archiver.

I use a M3ds real, and 2gb sd.

It would be great if i got a response within 24 hours, since i'm going on a trip and would like to have this great game with me.

Thanks for help!
Nothing special to get this to work. There isn't much to the "game" either since it "was" a WIP.
Also.... this game got shut down months ago. Sadly the coders had to stop making it...

Saxby
July 27th, 2008, 02:42
Damn You Blizzard! Damn You To Hell!

F2bnp
July 27th, 2008, 14:44
Yeah damn them that they don't allow some random people to port one of their best selling games which is still sold to one of the best selling portable consoles of all time free of charge.Yeah you're right they are idiots...

But it's called marketing.

VeggieVampire
June 4th, 2009, 18:59
Works on a "cyclods evolution" A++ they need to make it where you can add custom levels