PDA

View Full Version : LittleBigPlanet on UK Launch Pad

Shrygue
January 4th, 2008, 18:55
via IGN (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/843/843540p1.html)

ony's great white hope - the quite wonderful looking LittleBigPlanet - looks nearer to finding its way into our homes, with Sony insiders confirming they are working to get the game out in the UK for this September.

The game - which was unveiled to universal applause at last year's Games Developer Conference - is currently being developed by British company Media Molecule. It is one of the highest profile exponents of a new generation of games placing an emphasis on creativity, giving players a blank canvas to explore co-operatively and making full use of the PlayStation Network to deliver patches and user generated content. It's continued to impress at subsequent outings at E3 and the Tokyo Game Show, and if it manages to realise its lofty ambitions it could well prove to be Sony's killer app.

The September release date may be a little later than many had hoped - initial mummurings suggested the first quarter of this year - but at least it gives us something to look forward to towards the end of the year. As soon as more concrete details emerge, we'll be sure to let you know.

Triv1um
January 4th, 2008, 19:18
SEPTEMBER?!!

I truly expected it earlier than that. Gutted.

Accordion
January 4th, 2008, 21:04

good news i guess, a better end product. I would buy the build they had at e3 instantly though.