PDA

View Full Version : Self Boot inducer problems...

ptr.exe
January 22nd, 2005, 07:49
hi,

i'm new to this and haven't started off too well,

basically i wanted to make a disc with a nes emu on it to run on my DC, after reading the tutorial and downloading everything needed i decided to burn a disc with just one game on it to test it first and see if it would work in my DC.

I got as far as this bit in the very handy tutorial;

>8) Click the "MSInfo" button (again, this is something you should only have to do the first time you use CDRecord).
9) Click the "Make ISO" button. If you would like to give your disc a unique volume name, please enter that name in the textbox before pressing the "Make ISO" button.
10) You will now see a status update in the DOS window. It will tell you how much of the ISO has been created, and at what time the ISO should be finished.<

I click the MSinfo button and everything goes okay a load of stuff comes up in the DOS window and it says 'MSinfo complete' so then i click the "make ISO" button and nothing happens; nothing in the DOS window and clicking it has no effect on anything.

Does anyone know why nothing happens? i was using Nester_DC_6.0_PAL.sbi with a zelda theme and a SMB rom, and my computer is windows ME if that helps.

Thanks.

curt_grymala
January 22nd, 2005, 13:23
Hmm. I've never used SBInducer with WinME, so I don't know if it's a specific problem with WinME or if it's just a silly problem.

When you click the button, you don't see any status report whatsoever inside the DOS window? There must be some sort of error being generated at some point in the process.

You are burning the first session before pressing the MSINFO button, right?

ptr.exe
January 22nd, 2005, 13:32
Yeah im not that stupid ;D

i put the SBI's in the folder that there meant to be in, then go into SBIv4 and pick a menu, extract the files, put in a blank cd, then do first burn, click MSinfo (that works fine) then click 'make ISO' and there is no recognition of it on the DOS screen.

I tried with a HB game 'revolver.sbi' and then that wouldnt extract, it said there was an error on the DOS screen.

The only thing i could think it would be is that i installed it in a differant directory than the standard but i put a \ on the end like the tutorial said so i dont know why it doesn't work.

I'll try with a differant HB game or emu if that doesnt work then i'll reinstall in its own directory, i'll post back once im done, thanks.

mh777
January 22nd, 2005, 15:03
Actually, I had the same problem as you (I'm running WinME). I found that putting in the default directory (C:\Sbinducr) fixed it for me. Give that a try.

DCDayDreamer
January 22nd, 2005, 15:10
WinME is just an overrated version of Win98, it shouldn't cause you any problems, as mh777 said - use the default directory and give it another go.

ptr.exe
January 23rd, 2005, 10:29
Yey! i installed it in the default directory and it worked perfectly, now all i need is some more CD-R discs as i wasted about 10 trying to get it to work :-[

cheers for the help everyone.