PDA

View Full Version : Hokuto No Doom

wraggster
January 5th, 2008, 16:58
A new mod of Doom has been released with what seems to be a Streetfighter flavor to the proceedings

heres the translation

For more than 6 months, the team of Ice Man Page is working on a FPS "Ken survivor" which would use the 3D engine of DOOM ... This international project which will be grouped around twenty people and created many partnerships ended recently and has been adapted on PSP! Click on quickly thereafter.

What better way to celebrate the 20 years of the survivor Ken (Hokuto No Ken) and the 10-year 3D engine of Doom in the public domain than to marry in a project named Hokuto No Doom? In any case, the idea was the iceman57:

During this year, I was fortunate enough to mount an international partnership with www.hokutolegacy.com (Belgium) and www.doomwadstation.com (USA) and manager of a team of 20 people around the world under the "Hokuto No Doom." What is this project? .. Quite simply a game "Ken survivor" on PC-based 3D engine of Doom.

Why an engine as old? Simply because he is the one who was best suited, as amended, and converted a host of tools are available. And then I had the opportunity to attack me ten years ago but the current competence.

Why Ken? Simply because an engine for 80-90 years and then I had a series of the same period and who else but Ken could evolve into a world as violent as that of Doom? ..
The project completed in September, iceman57 has quietly returned to his usual occupation ... But it was not counting on PSPGen and our article on the latest version of DOOM PSP, which gave a new idea to the project leader:

Run "Hokuto No Doom" on PSP (not that it !!!).

Rejoice therefore you dear readers, since grâceau engine Chilly Willy and the support offered by several weeks since Alree, a member of our forums, Hokuto No Doom is now available on PSP!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5714)

Baboon
January 5th, 2008, 18:52
You got to love Street Fighter! ...and er? ...Doom! lol

Looks quite a different mod... will download this beaut now. :)

Buddy4point0
January 5th, 2008, 19:44
looks really cool.
very nice man, i would try this if my psp wasnt broken :(

urherenow
January 5th, 2008, 20:51
not street fighter. Fist of the North Star (which is exatly what Hokuto no Ken translates too... not Ken Survivor lol)

HnK is awesome as hell. I got into it because I used to Pay the Japanese Slot machine (and now own one) but since I wanted to know the story behind it, I got into a fan-subbing site and even helped translate an episode with the help of my wife. If you want to know the story, there are 152 episodes in all, and we've translated 136 so far.

http://heartofmadness.com/

oh.. and yes you can buy the over priced set of DVDs commercially, but the translations really suck. That's why we're translating it ourselves.

iceman57
January 5th, 2008, 23:24
Damn, this release wrote on DCEMU.co.uk, what an honor :p

Well as you readed up, the linear translation was wrong, the original name "Hokuto No Ken" means litteraly "Ken from the big dipper".
French edition uses the name "Ken the survivor" while Italian edition use "Ken the warrior", international name is "Fist of the North Star".

The different steps of development were reported to HeartOfMadness.com which in my opinion is one of the most important board to diffuse on the whole earth this amazing animation.

With the hope you may enjoy this mod which generated a team work during a year, the PC version (original release) is available. Also note that the archives are always supplied with an HTML help menu with all project details.

Concerning other engines, DS version under tests but the engine didn't manage music yet, NOKIA version under tests too...
Currently working after the teaser (here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roY3C4pVoBE) to create a trailer... 3x longer than the teaser.

Joinable anytime, will follow a bit this thread during a while...

Kind regards from Paris, France.
Benoit, webmaster of http://www.icemanpage.com
Manager of the "Hokuto No Doom" project.

urherenow
January 6th, 2008, 10:19
Incorrect. KEN is in KANJI. Kanji has it's own meaning, in this case it's "FIST"

Hokuto is also in Kanji and it means NORTH STAR, not big dipper. The big dipper is called "Hokuto Shichisai" in Japanese (North 7 stars... more or less). My wife is Japanese so you can't touch me on this one.

the fact that his name is kenshiro is irrelevant.

so if you really want a 'linear' translation it's North Star Fist, or word for word... Fist of (the)North Star.

At any rate, thanks for the homebrew! This one is close to my heart :P

iceman57
January 6th, 2008, 11:11
Owh really, that explains now why I always asked me why they translated it by "fist"... :eek:

I unfortunaly didn't have the language skills of the HeartOfMadness team (^_^).

Whatever, fyi, at the origin this was a "City Hunter" project in which I'm more fan...
But in order to mix the violent universe of Doom with a manga, the only able to fit perfectly was "Fist Of The North Star".

Then the project started and runned one year...
Here is this one year development thread (apologies french only)...

http://www.hokutolegacy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2927
(Some hosted pictures may have disappear due to such long time).

The way I prefered instead of making beta versions was to use video streaming on http://www.youtube.com/icemanpage by this way the different team members could see tests results and discuss about easily...

I seeked that a NOKIA version is already appearing on few boards, based on "VzzzV" tests and works.

But we're currently discussing with "VzzzV" to make it better with menu and HTML help as each release pack (copy/paste on system and play).
So please if you've a NOKIA prefer have to wait some days (maybe weeks) before to download those halfmade unofficial clones :p

- PC version : OK
- PSP version : OK
- NOKIA version : Release estimated for January (around 20th)...
- DS version : Running but awaits strong engine evolution, no current release time estimation possible.

Joinable anytime for additionnal details.

iceman57
January 9th, 2008, 22:39
URGENT :

"Hokuto No Doom" DS Version almost done, need a valid test way with emulator on PC and some DS testers...

Need some people that already tried to emulate "DSDOOM" on a valid emulator as I receive error message...

If you wanna join the project, tell me a thread to discuss about or add me in your contact list...

That would be amazing to put it on DS too... and maybe the technic I founded will succeed.

Regards from Paris, France.
Manager of the "Hokuto No Doom" project

kryst abegnalie
January 10th, 2008, 03:05
Wow nice, its one of my favorite manga/anime because of its brutallity, hehehe, well nice app, i will try to load it now on my psp, :)

Safari Al
January 10th, 2008, 03:09
nice job man this will be a fun one to play :)

iceman57
January 10th, 2008, 19:16
Would really appreciate to have feedback from multiplayer users...

I tried it in the office (a coworker got a PSP) and founded no way to run the HTML help interface while I took few hours to format it for PSP screen.

Couldn't it be a way to run it ??
Does PSP handle HTML ?

Maybe requires a second EBOOT just for the PSP help display.

Requires answer to those question and as I didn't have a PSP that's quite hard.
Also requires assistance on DS development.

hnsolo77
January 27th, 2008, 05:20
wraggster i would recommend removing the download from this page as it is an illegal mod and qualifies as warez because it is using a modified shareware IWAD

and i quote from the EULA for DooM

2. Permitted New Creations. Subject to the terms and provisions of this
Agreement and so long as you fully comply at all times with this Agreement,
ID grants to you the non-exclusive and limited right to create for the
Software (except any Software code) your own modifications (the "New
Creations") which shall operate only with the Software (but not any demo,
test or other version of the Software).

IE any mod made to work with the demo/shareware version of doom is forbidden by ID software

remember shareware does not = freeware

the full EULA can be found here

http://www.doom2.net/~mykdoom/misc/EULA.TXT

we of the DooM community have been trying to get iceman to understand what he is doing is illegal and try to get him to make a legal version of this, because with all this hype he is trying to make is going to eventually get him in some form of trouble with id software

so far he is really not getting it though...

Eviltaco64
January 27th, 2008, 05:25
HADOOMKEN (lame)

Eviltaco64
January 27th, 2008, 05:33
wraggster i would recommend removing the download from this page as it is an illegal mod and qualifies as warez because it is using a modified shareware IWAD

and i quote from the EULA for DooM

2. Permitted New Creations. Subject to the terms and provisions of this
Agreement and so long as you fully comply at all times with this Agreement,
ID grants to you the non-exclusive and limited right to create for the
Software (except any Software code) your own modifications (the "New
Creations") which shall operate only with the Software (but not any demo,
test or other version of the Software).

IE any mod made to work with the demo/shareware version of doom is forbidden by ID software

remember shareware does not = freeware

the full EULA can be found here

http://www.doom2.net/~mykdoom/misc/EULA.TXT

we of the DooM community have been trying to get iceman to understand what he is doing is illegal and try to get him to make a legal version of this, because with all this hype he is trying to make is going to eventually get him in some form of trouble with id software

so far he is really not getting it though...

You sound like a lawyer. It's simply a few mods to a source port of a 15 year old game.

But what else can I say about fools who make their first post to tell the owner of a large homebrew site to remove a post.

hnsolo77
January 27th, 2008, 06:16
relax i said recommend, not "remove it now >:-( cause i said so!!!!"

its also a 15 year old game that is still sold in stores as well, plus i like this site and i would not like to see any backlash to it if something does happen

also check your reg date vs my reg date, i lurk

so i would say you are more of a newbie than i, post count and ranks don't mean squat

Eviltaco64
January 27th, 2008, 10:21
relax i said recommend, not "remove it now >:-( cause i said so!!!!"

its also a 15 year old game that is still sold in stores as well, plus i like this site and i would not like to see any backlash to it if something does happen

also check your reg date vs my reg date, i lurk

so i would say you are more of a newbie than i, post count and ranks don't mean squat

I never said you were a newbie, there's probably many people like you and me that lurked on DCEmu for about a year before joining.

*EDIT: I thought you were one of those people who joined to say one thing (like a spammer), so sorry about calling you a fool and all that

hnsolo77
January 27th, 2008, 10:51
I never said you were a newbie, there's probably many people like you and me that lurked on DCEmu for about a year before joining.

*EDIT: I thought you were one of those people who joined to say one thing (like a spammer), so sorry about calling you a fool and all that

its ok, no harm no foul

the only reason i posted was the fact that iceman keeps posting this everywhere, why im trying to get him to remake the thing so he wont get himself in trouble is beyond me...

but seeing as i do use this site i dont want any crap backlashing here because the warez mod was hosted here

iceman57
January 27th, 2008, 18:16
Hnsolo77,

Introduction

Why choosing a name of the millenium falcon pilot, one of the most wanted from Jabba, a mercs that convoy illegal products (or obiwan kenobi) and then accuse people to make warez.

That's paradoxal...

Concerning "illegal" term

That's blessing, it's a f*****g fan project.

Concerning your note, you quote the complete contract of the full game, and not from an ID official source, see this that comes with the shareware :

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2091/readmeeb4.gif

"Id respectfully request"..."not affect incentive to purchase" (wrote 14 years ago, no impact of such project on incentive desire to purchase)

There's no threat concerning piracy or any claim on maps... they just encourage to not proceed this way.
A game sale runs one or two years, nothing more... not fourteen, so I never damaged this company.

Also note that DOOM gamers use massively DOOM2 and not DOOM as it offers more textures ressources and enemies variety...
So that project didn't anytime affect the company.

In my opinion, this project made advertising for the company (small advertising, I admit, with around 3000 people in the world) and this project was always trying to be the most respectfull of the manga artists that created the caracters and the Doom creators that made the engine.

I prefer plan to create a small WAD of 9 levels based on a shareware than encourage to download the full version without paying for it.

How many people didn't purchase DOOM2 and are night and day on online servers ?...

How many people used the logo of DOOM for their maps, while this logo is attached to copyright ?...

Why are those claims so hypocritic...

I think that this discussion durate too long, and only appears on DOOM boards.

Everyone forgot that the caracters are Japanese artists ones, but this noone speaks about, only about the US engine.

If you wanna claim, write a claim about all the project and not only the engine aspect, this is nombrilism to only focus on the engine.

We never thinked to damage any company, we just try to recreate Doom by using sculpture modeling, rotoscoping, animation, midi, and so on as ID did 14 years ago... this was our challenge and tribute because such immersive game with Hokuto No Ken was never made before, nothing else.

Concerning "everywhere" posting

Wrong, this is a not a spam, but a totally studied marketing action.

Relayed by major informatic press actors that estimated the quality of this fan project.

Note that DCEMU (UK) one is coming from PSPGen (France) on which was developed the PSP conversion and tests.

This information covered few countries in Europe, America and Asia.

I simply focused on some journalists or webmasters that made a paper about this new and then the RSS cloners website made the rest and made grown the information.

To end the project I'll offer a 1'45" theatrical trailer in some weeks, stay tuned.

hnsolo77
January 27th, 2008, 20:14
Hnsolo77,

Why choosing a name of the millenium falcon pilot, one of the most wanted from Jabba, a mercs that convoy illegal products (or obiwan kenobi) and then accuse people to make warez.

That's paradoxal...

star wars is fictional, what would be paradoxal is if i were to do the same thing and release something using a modified shareware version of doom myself

the EULA can be changed by whim by the copyright holder at any time, doom2.net's information is pretty accurate

Concerning "everywhere" posting

Wrong, this is a not a spam

since when did i even say this was spam in the first place?

veryone forgot that the caracters are Japanese artists ones, but this noone speaks about, only about the US engine.

If you wanna claim, write a claim about all the project and not only the engine aspect, this is nombrilism to only focus on the engine.

about the anime characters used, last i checked the sprites were fan art, i see nothing wrong with using user created art in any game mod as long as it is not being sold or used for profit, as you have made no intention or action in that regard with the fan art i see nothing wrong

about the engine, no one is or has been complaining about the game engine, we have just pointed out that an altered shareware wad is illegal

i myself would reccomend using the FreeDooM IWAD as a base since it is a free non-commercial IWAD that is free to alter, ill even offer you help in converting it to your project's needs

im not trying to be a jerk or trying to attack you, im just trying to help you understand that you made a screwup that can possibly get you in legal trouble, and i for one would not like to see that

iceman57
January 27th, 2008, 20:44
we have just pointed out that an altered shareware wad is illegal

Did you wrote such flamming note to "Doom 3 classic" team, they used same maps...
_____

What surprised me since the beginning of the project is simply :
"Why does the "-file" command work in the Demos EXEs and why they didn't simply remove it from the command line possibilities ?"

Note that i didn't edit the code to remove such control, I simply made a PWAD with the same lists of textures able to run with it...

All levels are reviewed using independant light per sector and higher ceils to accept bigger sprites on OpenGL engines.

All sprites had been created using rotoscoping as they made in the game. Costed us months of works, five people dedicated to this work.

hnsolo77
January 27th, 2008, 21:11
the classic doom 3 team built their maps from scratch, they are not the same exact maps from the shareware or registered versions of DooM

while there is a tool that can port DooM 1 and 2 format maps they look exactly the same after being ported, these guys used no such tool

and for the sprites, for the limitations of the original and id updated 95.exe engines the sprites are pretty good, i said nothing bad about the sprites at all originally...

*sigh* i have the feeling what im saying is getting lost in translation...

im not flaming you, im offering to help you convert your project in such a way that you should not have to worry about any form of legal issues

edit

use your resources and modify this and you should have no issues at all

http://freedoom.sourceforge.net/download/

iceman57
January 27th, 2008, 23:00
I understand...

DOOM2 unfortunaly offers less textures and some are simply not present in DOOM...
I worked a bit on texture analysis... and some conversion tools could be appreciated.

Also demo version requires only 5Mb... that was a choice during project beginning.

Don't waste your time on such conversion which would be too long...

So next WAD project would be a multi-engines map, for any version of Doom... Some kind of universal PWAD :p

Theme would be an architectural creation based on a french monument.

hnsolo77
January 28th, 2008, 00:05
its just an example, you can add any amount of textures to DooM without needing to replace textures already there

i just might come up with an example IWAD using your resources, renaming some of them and adding a few things here and there...

though as it will most likely be a quick job dont expect anything amazing in the custom levels ill make if i get around to this, just basic stuff, nothing too fancy... unless i get drunk, when i get drunk i make stuff like this

The_Spirit_Underworld_Part_1 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=WzPuEXUFwfs)

The_Spirit_Underworld_Part_2 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=n6Zc_KDxcCA)

and some people i know think that alcohol is useless...

Zethzune
January 28th, 2008, 01:05
Those are really nice looking maps hnsolo. I wonder if the PSP version of doom can even handle that... I had some problems with custom levels from the free doom IWADs, incorrect sectors causing glitching in the floors, made the PSP freeze up after I'd been playing for a while.

By the way, what are the Imp replacement creatures you're fighting in the video?

hnsolo77
January 28th, 2008, 01:57
By the way, what are the Imp replacement creatures you're fighting in the video?

no creatures were replaced at all, this thing uses the ZDooM engine to run, those creatures are called shadow's and they are a custom monster programmed with DECORATE not dehacked

i can give an example of its decorate

*DECORATE start*
ACTOR Shadow 3126
{
//$Category Monsters
Health 80
Radius 20
Height 56
Mass 100
RenderStyle "Translucent"
Alpha 0.7
Speed 8
PainChance 200
Monster
+FLOORCLIP
SeeSound "imp/sight"
PainSound "imp/pain"
DeathSound "imp/death"
ActiveSound "imp/active"
Obituary "%o was assasined by a shadow."
MissileType ShadowBall
States
{
Spawn:
See:
TROX A 15
TROX AAA 1 A_Chase
TROX A 0 A_CustomMissile("ShadowGhostA", 0, 0, 0)
TROX BBB 1 A_Chase
TROX B 0 A_CustomMissile("ShadowGhostB", 0, 0, 0)
TROX CCC 1 A_Chase
TROX C 0 A_CustomMissile("ShadowGhostC", 0, 0, 0)
TROX DDD 1 A_Chase
TROX D 0 A_CustomMissile("ShadowGhostD", 0, 0, 0)
TROX AAA 1 A_Chase
TROX A 0 A_CustomMissile("ShadowGhostA", 0, 0, 0)
TROX BBB 1 A_Chase
TROX B 0 A_CustomMissile("ShadowGhostB", 0, 0, 0)
TROX CCC 1 A_Chase
TROX C 0 A_CustomMissile("ShadowGhostC", 0, 0, 0)
TROX DDD 1 A_Chase
TROX D 0 A_CustomMissile("ShadowGhostD", 0, 0, 0)
Goto See+1
Missile:
TROX E 30 A_FaceTarget
TROX F 5
TROX G 5 BRIGHT A_MissileAttack
TROX F 5
TROX E 20
TROX E 1 A_SpidRefire
Goto Missile+1
Pain:
TROX H 4
TROX H 4 A_Pain
Goto See+1
Death:
TROX I 6 A_Scream
TROX J 5
TROX K 5 A_CustomMissile("Shadowtorso", 0, 0, 0)
TROX L 5 A_Fall
TROX MNO 6
TROX P -1
Stop
XDeath:
TROX W 5
TROX X 4 A_XScream
TROX Y 4
TROX Z 4 A_Fall
TROX ] 4
TROX [ 4
TROX \ -1
Stop
Raise:
TROX M 8
TROX KLJI 8
Goto See
}
}

ACTOR ShadowBall
{
Radius 6
Height 8
Speed 12
Damage 4
Projectile
+RANDOMIZE
RenderStyle "ADD"
Alpha 0.75
SeeSound "imp/attack"
DeathSound "imp/shotx"
MissileType ShadowTrail
Missileheight 0
Decal DoomImpScorch
States
{
Spawn:
SBAL ABC 4 BRIGHT A_MissileAttack
Loop
Death:
SBAL C 5 Bright
SBAL DEFGH 4 BRIGHT
Stop
}
}

ACTOR ShadowGhostA
{
Radius 4
Height 8
Speed 0
Damage 0
Mass 75
Alpha 0.3
PROJECTILE
States
{
Spawn:
TROX A 10
Stop
}
}

ACTOR ShadowGhostB : ShadowGhostA
{
States
{
Spawn:
TROX B 10
Stop
}
}

ACTOR ShadowGhostC : ShadowGhostA
{
States
{
Spawn:
TROX C 10
Stop
}
}

ACTOR ShadowGhostD : ShadowGhostA
{
States
{
Spawn:
TROX D 10
Stop
}
}

ACTOR Shadowtorso
{
Radius 12
Height 15
Speed 1
Mass 5000
alpha 0.7
+Doombounce
States
{
Spawn:
TROX QRS 5
TROX T 5 A_Fall
TROX U 5
TROX V -1
Stop
}
}

actor ShadowTrail
{
Radius 1
Height 1
Speed 0
PROJECTILE
RENDERSTYLE ADD
ALPHA 0.6
+NOCLIP
States
{
Spawn:
SHTR ABCDEF 4 Bright
Stop
}
}

*DECOARATE end*

as for the PSP being able to run it, if someone can port ZDooM to the PSP it should run, now if it crashes the PSP eventually im not sure, this level has crashed my dads computer 3 times already, luckily mine is newer

maps is a good guess though, since the level got so huge i had to split it in half to actually finish building it, the level editor i use was running waaaay to slow and it refused to enter 3D editing mode

iceman57
January 28th, 2008, 06:59
They are some directories in PSP Doom to use such addons...
But in my opinion requires to possess Doom2 to make them run because PSP Doom is only supplied with shareware IWAD.

And I wouldn't encourage to D/L it... :p
We fall again on the shareware IWAD use parallax... most of the ports give it but didn't exists a lot of shareware PWAD as it's a bit "border line".

Concerning texture adaptation, if you've time, DOOM2 conversion of "Hokuto No Doom" would be appreciated, but you may face an issue on big textures as they aren't lots of them in the DOOM2 version that are over 128x128.

Keep me in touch on this case.

Maybe you may be more interested by my "cathedral" project...

hnsolo77
January 28th, 2008, 15:35
ive added textures that are 1024 X 256 do both DooM and DooM 2 with no issues, you are not limited to the texture sizes DooM already has, i can easily create a completely new Texture1 lump without issues regarding to sizes

iceman57
January 28th, 2008, 17:23
We need to respect the original capacity to preserve the challenge aspect... :p

But if you've time to convert it for DOOM2 that'd be pleasant, issue would be textures names and patches names non matching.

Also note that the DOOM2 interstage screen wouldn't offer animated graphics as DOOM one and we'll loose the driving car effect.

If you wanna help on cathedral project, I'm looking for a mapper.
Here's my e-mail / MSN : [email protected]

Target is to make it run on DOOM / DOOM2 and only for online gaming.
I'm currently working on textures for the compatibility.

hnsolo77
January 28th, 2008, 18:19
about your cathedral thing maybe, ive got other projects in the works as it is, the major one being my tribute to the alien movies with a level heavily themed in spirit to the movies

iceman57
January 28th, 2008, 18:39
See [SL] spaceship map, that could be usefull...

JLF65
January 29th, 2008, 01:22
Those are really nice looking maps hnsolo. I wonder if the PSP version of doom can even handle that... I had some problems with custom levels from the free doom IWADs, incorrect sectors causing glitching in the floors, made the PSP freeze up after I'd been playing for a while.

If you read the readme, you'll see that the current version of Doom for PSP needs DOOM-compatible WADs. The FreeDOOM IWAD is BOOM-compatible, not DOOM-compatible. The FreeDOOM devs state in their forum that they are aware of this (as it affects more than just Doom for PSP), but have no plans to fix the issue. It works with BOOM and PrBOOM, and that's all they care about.

iceman57
January 29th, 2008, 08:47
That's why since the beginning of the project I only used the Doom original capacity and tested the mod on DOS 1.666, DOS 1.9, DOOM95.
If it works with Doom original engine as a PWAD, it works with any available port.

Compatibility was a crucial aspect of the development...

iceman57
June 8th, 2008, 14:20
After months of work, here it is.... the project trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGtyMzvx0Kk

Sorry for Youtube low quality, so I included the source's link in the video details.
Source (56mb) : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DSGTF8TW

Stay tuned for coming July huge events...
- PC & PSP update
- DS version
- NOKIA version
- All sources of the project (graphics, audio...)

Regards from Paris, France

iceman57
July 9th, 2008, 22:58
http://www.express-mailing.com/archives/394/18018/persos.jpg

September 2nd, 2007 - 7:07 PM in Japan.
Tribute to the artist Tetsuo Hara : The "HOKUTO NO DOOM" project PC release.

Xmas 2007, PSP release...

June 2008, video trailer release :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGtyMzvx0K]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGtyMzvx0K

And now for 7/7/2008 to end the project (seven scars, seven stars) and in order to celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Hokuto No Ken".
Get ready for :
- All project sources (studies, graphics, audio, trailers, development board...)
- DS version
- NOKIA version
- Ringtones

Over a year of development from fans to fans released !!!

What the hell is this fan game ?!
icemanpage.com in collaboration with hokutolegacy.com, doomwadstation.com, secteur-lambda.org and anime-fantasy.org proudly present the "Hokuto No Doom" tribute mod.

This totally converted episode is a completely remapped 9 level game using the "Hokuto No Ken" characters (also known as "Fist of the North Star", "Ken il Guerriero" and "El Puno de la Estrella del Norte") in the classic "Doom" engine.

The story:
At the end of the second millenium, the world was devastated by a nuclear explosion…
On this planet ruled by fear, "Kenshiro" fights to find "Yuria", his fiancée kidnapped by "Shin".

Get ready for an amazing experience:
The first game ever where you really ARE Kenshiro
New weapons and awesome techniques
9 totally remapped levels including a complete review of the lights.
Completely new atmosphere with the Japanese original voices.
The best digital BGM themes from the Kodomo Band and Crystal King
Face the five biggest villains from the first chapter: Zeed, Spade, Golan, Heart... and Shin.
Get assistance from Kenshiro's friends: Bat, Rin, village chief and Johnny
Multiplayer gaming able to handle up to 4 players.
Preserved TV style black and white censored explosions.
Compliant with DOS, Windows and the OpenGL engines (Doomsday, Doom Legacy...).

This game convertion is free, <b>STRICTLY NOT FOR SALE</b> and only a tribute from a fan development team to the worldwide web community.

Download links :

COMPLETE PACK (145 Mb) : http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=R1UTXBF2
(ALL SOURCES, STUDIES, PC, PSP, DS, NOKIA, TRAILERS, RINGTONES)

Updated * PC version : http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=5TWDBXWE
Updated * PSP version : http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=0L9F2I1N
NEW * DS version : http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=ZZBIJ6FG
NEW * NOKIA version : http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=NIXLD6XZ
NEW * Ringtones kit : http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=P4L8CDJV

It's ugly, it's free, it's fun, it's TOTALLY WATAAAAAAAA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA

WARNING: GAME VIOLENCE MAY SHOCK YOUNG PEOPLE

[email protected]