PDA

View Full Version : If You Could ReQuest a Feature in a New Dark ALex Firmware What Would you request ?

wraggster
January 5th, 2008, 18:06
By all accounts it wont be long till we see a new release of the M33 Firmware by the excellent Dark Alex and Co but if you could request a doable feature what would it be ?

wraggster
January 5th, 2008, 18:07
id like to see the GPS hacked to support other brands of GPS Software, also the best emulators built in and optimised

Mr. Shizzy
January 5th, 2008, 18:11
^^^ Emu's built in & optimized ?!? You don't ask for much, do you Wraggy ? LOL :p

Simple for me:

I would ask DAX to please fix the issue with homebrew not showing up on XMB, if it is not put on the 1st half of a memory card larger than 4GB.

That is soooo annoying...

mikebeaver
January 5th, 2008, 18:19
^^^ Emu's built in & optimized ?!? You don't ask for much, do you Wraggy ? LOL :p

Simple for me:

I would ask DAX to please fix the issue with homebrew not showing up on XMB, if it is not put on the 1st half of a memory card larger than 4GB.

That is soooo annoying...

How bizzare!! mine shows up fine no matter where I put it on my 4gb, and my 4gb isn't even real!!!

Maybe you have a faulty MS, try filling the whole thing and seeing if any of the new stuff works for you?

Mike..

Axelius
January 5th, 2008, 18:28
I put it on my 4gb
He said LARGER than 4gb...;)

I don't need another feature in the firmware. Dark Alex and Co are doing a good job. So: If it's not broken, don't fix it!

Hmm, but a built in rocket launcher would be nice. I do not think, however, that this can be done via software:rofl:

saulin
January 5th, 2008, 18:38
Built-in file browser with functions such as copy/del/move

kyyubidx
January 5th, 2008, 18:39
cracking all the slim only features and make them available for the phat...

NoQuarter
January 5th, 2008, 18:42
I'd like a simple wifi scan interface from the xmb,without having to install plugins.(not that it's hard)

I believe current psp firmware supports up to 32 Gigabytes.Sony has official support for larger memcards already built in.

callsignAPOLLO
January 5th, 2008, 18:45
Built in emulators would make it so much easier for people that aren't well-versed in homebrew. I know alot of people that would buy a psp if you could mod it with a single download/installation.

That said, there are alot of lazy people out there lol

Would building the emulators into the firmware make them faster and less glitchy?

Or, would it create more problems than it would solve?

I would like to see is the psp [fat] could be made compatible with that psp slim video out cable! But that's unlikely...

http://i5.tinypic.com/6s6fius.jpg

h3r3j3
January 5th, 2008, 18:45
Dear santa (Dar-Alex), I wish my new custom firmware could do this:

- OGG media support (native)
- Screenshot (without plugins)
- Load subtitles files in Videos

You'll make me the happiest kid on earth

porchemasi
January 5th, 2008, 18:48
I would rq the ability to ORGANIZE HOMEBREW

much like ms0:ISO but also for ms0:EMULATOR, ms0:APP, ms0:Homebrew

and implement the folder feature like the Photo section >:)

gusgus
January 5th, 2008, 18:50
Let me say that I love Dark Alex for everything that he's done, and he should take a year if he wants, and I know that I don't have the right to say anything because I've never actually finished anything.. but....

but my request is that he finishes 3.80...

NoQuarter
January 5th, 2008, 18:50
Now that I think about it,being able to install homebrew to the flash and run it from there via recovery or other would be nice.I'd keep luaplayer in flash if I could run it from there.Along those lines if we could simply specify the full path to the boot homebrew,with the ability to go into flash to run.Of course this would really only be viable with the slims extra flash space.

gamefreak199101
January 5th, 2008, 18:52
-I wish that there was a way to watch avi's on my psp fat by doing some sort of coding into it.
-Make some sort built in app to let you not brick when flashing themes, it would search through all the rco, prx etc files to make sure it wouldnt brick you psp and make sure it would work and then flash it for you.
-Try to get the flash memory be from the memory stick you have.
-Make the inferred light be able to act liek a wireless usb cable to transfer files through Wifi from pc via Router.

mike_jmg
January 5th, 2008, 18:55
It is perfect
Although...
I would like to have a screenshot option built-in, and a quick way to power off, that's all

mavsman4457
January 5th, 2008, 18:58
DivX and Xvid. the PS3 can do it so maybe it would be easy to take th module from the PS3's firmware that handles this and maybe fix it up to work for PSP. Also, emulation launching from the XMB would be nice.

cyclonus002
January 5th, 2008, 19:13
something like adhoc file transfer integrated into the firmware...Like the ability to send pics...but also to send other types of files

SnoopKatt
January 5th, 2008, 19:20
I would like:
Subfolder browsing in the music player (so you could do MUSIC/Red Hot Chili Peppers/By the Way)
Ability to have the web browser to store the cache on the memory stick so you wouldn't have to empty it all the time.
Divx/Xvid
Program Organization

Of course it's already pretty much perfect, but I would definitely love those features :)

varnil
January 5th, 2008, 19:27
Well for starters most of you are forgeting the actual limitations of the hardware (Built in emulators?? DivX support?? Flashing homebrew!) Common the PSP only has 30mb flash mem which is already running out as seen with 3.71 + 1.5 kernel, and only has 64mb ram which is not enough to store all the buffers required for halfway decent avi playback. Well regardless here are my realistic requests:
SSD reading (this can be easily accomplished through ir but a built in feature would be nice)
allowing flashing of rco/prx themes to flash1 and keeping originals in flash0 to prevent bricks (shouldn't be too hard, just a few memmory redirections)

Saracchini
January 5th, 2008, 19:37
I want a fix to flash1 format which has broken at 3.71 M33. Mine keeps corrupting (faulty NAND ?) and i must recreate all the folders mannually.

watupgroupie
January 5th, 2008, 19:41
I would like to have most current codecs for vidoes implemented into the firmware. Or someone should at least make a plugin that acts like a codec pack and you can pretty much watch anything from the video section of the xmb.

Buddy4point0
January 5th, 2008, 19:43
an optimized ps1 emulator would be great
and a better video player that can read more formats

CaptainMorgan4
January 5th, 2008, 19:50
Yeah I'm a fan of .avi's working from VIDEO on the XMB, but my real request is to have the video out capability somehow hacked for the PSP 1000.

cloud_952
January 5th, 2008, 19:55
--Make the inferred light be able to act liek a wireless usb cable to transfer files through Wifi from pc via Router.

First and foremost, your router/pc would need to have an ir receiver for this to even work.. O_o And if it did, you'd have to leave your PSP pointing at the router/pc at all times, which I'm not sure would be terribly convenient (depends on your situation, I guess).

More importantly, though, ir data transfer has a top speed of around 2mbps, while USB 1.0 has a top speed of 12mbps and USB2.0 with 480mbps. ^_^; Seeing as even USB 1.0 seems a bit slow sometimes, I sincerely doubt you'd be willing to deal with the slowdown and hassle that ir would give..

porchemasi
January 5th, 2008, 19:56
Physically via pandora battery alter the boot sequence to boot directly of the MEMORY STICK = 4GB OF FLASH0 SPACE WOOOT WOOT

i mean firmware is already decrypted just emulate it and totally merk it onto a MS to give every feature we could ever want!

the_eternal_dark
January 5th, 2008, 20:06
A customizable xmb. I want to be able to remove xmb icons and components that I don't personally want included or really need. Or to add some stuff ourselves.

That may be asking a lot though.

bumfacekilla
January 5th, 2008, 20:23
Full screen output (in game mode) for psp slim? That would be awesome. gpsp works great full screen and looks fine on my 32" LCD. Could there be a way to implement this in the firmware or as a plugin? Fingers crossed.....

YourStillWithMe
January 5th, 2008, 20:24
-Memory stick file browser application in the XMB
-Access to the XMB from homebrew games or UMD's to view photos, music, settings, etc without having to quit your application.

Gene
January 5th, 2008, 20:28
Physically via pandora battery alter the boot sequence to boot directly of the MEMORY STICK = 4GB OF FLASH0 SPACE WOOOT WOOT

i mean firmware is already decrypted just emulate it and totally merk it onto a MS to give every feature we could ever want!

Doesn't firmware boot into ram? If it does 4gb won't do you so well.:p

avtools
January 5th, 2008, 20:29
Skype also for PSP-1000 (when available) and play PSN store downloads without DRM would be two fantastic features.

blader600
January 5th, 2008, 20:39
Please make popstation work with wifi and play ps1 games with a freind thougth wifi muiltplayer

hacksparrow
January 5th, 2008, 20:49
i would like the videos loadcore when switched to appear in the xmb instead of loading 1 at a time

Anonymous D
January 5th, 2008, 20:54
id second sub directories in the music and video menus, and possibkly the same in the game directory. perhaps be able to have game/emulators, game/apps, etc etc

borgqueenx
January 5th, 2008, 21:15
folder/groups in GAME just like in video and music.

ian h
January 5th, 2008, 21:26
file browser with cut, copy, paste and delete.

oh and someway to download roms through the psps web browser X0

Sterist
January 5th, 2008, 21:33
option to SKIP THE GAMEBOOT ROUTINE entirely. it would be SO much faster to boot games ect.

also, play music while browsing web -- VERY doable. sony's just being stupid as usual

grin.ch
January 5th, 2008, 22:20
I agree w/ h3r3j3 - I wish we could get the screenshots enabled w/o plugins.

However, the ONLY thing I could possibly request at this time would be - Change the colour of the damn ugly recovery screen. Even Booster used to change the DevHook screen colours every now and again. That, and Dark_AleX used to make a habit of changing the colours of recovery back in the days of OE. Now w/ M33, it's always red and black.

leonalchemist
January 5th, 2008, 23:00
folder/groups in music and video are quite ugly so a nicer shell whould be nice

i 2nd playing music during psp browsing would be great too, usefull when reading mangas ^^

umm, be able to make a screenshot for every mp3 that has the same name as its jpeg, bmp, or png in the same folder.

psp>USB>TV somehow??? ^^

avi compability! ^^

new theme added

a flash player (swf)!... im dreaming right? ^^

Touchscreen! ^^ ... ok now im on crack :3

dunno im out of ideas

umm play videos in background... , but kinda useless.

Cloudhunter
January 5th, 2008, 23:06
Geez, he will never even read these - and most of this suggestions are just stupid and best done to plugin developers. Not to mention shallow.

All the "integrated xxx" posts - they are so hard to do.

Also, DivX is already possible to play on PSP.

As for the 4gb limit on an 8gb stick - make sure it's a proper memory stick, for it should work for all but 1.50 homebrew.

Cloudy

Mew
January 5th, 2008, 23:07
Geez, he will never even read these - and most of this suggestions are just stupid and best done to plugin developers. Not to mention shallow.

All the "integrated xxx" posts - they are so hard to do.

Also, DivX is already possible to play on PSP.

As for the 4gb limit on an 8gb stick - make sure it's a proper memory stick, for it should work for all but 1.50 homebrew.

Cloudy

my thought! :thumbup:

Anonymous D
January 5th, 2008, 23:15
flv is already possible through psptube, but oncsidering the in built flashplayer cant handle youtube i doubt it would be viable to use it to mkae the xmb support flv files.

divx has been done, but the resoloution has to be quite low, and i neveer worked out how you could change that easily.

and isnt the 8gb limit, only if you run a homebrew in 1.5 mode then try and acces files, suurely in the xmb or 3.xx kernel the whole 8gb can be accesed fine.

edit: also on the gameboot front, wopuldnt it be possible to flash a fraction of a second long gameboot, and that way skip is so to speak?
also why is the topic title ReQuest? lol

jpbp
January 5th, 2008, 23:22
something like adhoc file transfer integrated into the firmware...Like the ability to send pics...but also to send other types of files

that would b an awsome feature..sorta like my zune.. thats all i would like to be able to tranfers other files not just images:thumbup::confused:

PSP-1412
January 5th, 2008, 23:41
wow im late it would be cool to have

location free player icon shortcut to any homebrew tired of it sitting there

as mentioned a built in file broswer

and a...........idk the ones above

PSP-1412
January 5th, 2008, 23:44
o yea and maybe to be able to create folders in the game folder like you can in the music and video folder

Shadowblind
January 5th, 2008, 23:46
A built in NDS emulator. Wouldn't that be something :p

In all seriousness I wouldn't mind seeing a tool to download and place things on your psp without a PC. Built in of course. Kinda like the iPod Touch Installer app.

Anonymous D
January 5th, 2008, 23:50
like this : http://psp-homebrew.eu/hbname.php?id=1056

granted im not sure how up to date it is though.

mackboys
January 5th, 2008, 23:51
A Phone Application - Like The Iphone

mackboys
January 5th, 2008, 23:54
An Psp Tv Using Regular Antainer

jamotto
January 6th, 2008, 00:05
Allow UMD movies with a different region to be played on psp.

On the fly compression/decompression of various files on the memorystick for example eboots.

Triv1um
January 6th, 2008, 00:32
Allow UMD movies with a different region to be played on psp.

Doesn't 'Fake region' do that? If not what is it for?

my idea is..

Dark_alex could set up a special update server.
So the system update icon actually update to the newest CFW.

DarthPaul
January 6th, 2008, 00:39

Cloudy

Geez, who said he will read this? This is just like a fantasy thread. Everyone knows that he won't ever care about this. Like the title says "What would you request?", not "What will you request?". This is just like all the other threads posted recently, you post your opinion, and that's it.

Darthy

Justise
January 6th, 2008, 00:53
Torrent Engine!
2 player on PS1 with streaming!

Shadowblind
January 6th, 2008, 00:54
Darthy

:rofl:

Love that! Every time I see someone do that it makes me think that they forgot what they're name was so they put that in so they can look back at their posts and say "Ohhhhhh, so thats what my name is..."

Rep system were in place you'd have another plus! :D

jamotto
January 6th, 2008, 00:57
Doesn't 'Fake region' do that? If not what is it for?

I believe that the Free UMD Region option was intended to allow out of region UMD's to run, but it does not work.

Fake Region I'm not sure of the technical aspect, but if you set this to Japan you get features that are exclusive to Japan (P-TV,Playstation spot, etc)

Bobtentpeg
January 6th, 2008, 01:13
I;ve only got one thing I wish DA should do..

Make the firmwares as great as he has been. Nothing less, and only something more if he can

Zargon
January 6th, 2008, 01:33
No idea if this would be possible but where there's a will, there's a way: If the caching for the web browser could be placed on the memory card and expanded allowing more than 2048 kb (2 mb) of data to be loaded at one time in the web browser and youtube/youtube-like videos to be played through the web browser. Probably not possible for 3.80, but making it for any firmware would be sweet and much appreciated.

halfway2hell
January 6th, 2008, 01:53
[QUOTE=NoQuarter;2147997698]I'd like a simple wifi scan interface from the xmb,without having to install plugins.(not that it's hard)

you f/u/c/k/i/n/ moron the psp already has a simple wifi scan in xmb if you dont know how to scan you deserve to die cuz you are too stupid to be able to be able to breath on your own you dumbass:rofl:

halfway2hell
January 6th, 2008, 01:57
if theres anything that should be added is support for the new internal harddrive mod thats for sure

Triv1um
January 6th, 2008, 02:05
you f/u/c/k/i/n/ moron the psp already has a simple wifi scan in xmb if you dont know how to scan you deserve to die cuz you are too stupid to be able to be able to breath on your own you dumbass:rofl:

I am really holding back not loosing my temper here.

NoQuarter means something which scans all the time to pick up access points without manually scanning. Something that roams for access points.

Now who is the f,ucking moron?

Twat.

DPyro
January 6th, 2008, 02:55
Theres already a program that does that.

http://jylam.info/psp/

Seker
January 6th, 2008, 03:02
i would LOVE

built in ps2 remote control for PHAT
like ps3 remote in xmb

yeah that would rock

Louth
January 6th, 2008, 03:12
I would like to be able to use remote play with my PS3 without jumping though hoops

hodgy47
January 6th, 2008, 03:14
Video out and usb charging for phat psp and more video file support i.e. avi, divx etc

oh and 3.80m33 cos im looking forward to that release.

Aryn
January 6th, 2008, 04:25
I believe that the current custom firmware has almost all of the features that I would desire, although I would like to see an alarm clock feature (preferably one that wakes the PSP from sleep mode) added to the next custom firmware.

Oh, and i am not sure if this is doable or not but increasing compatibility with 1.5 firmware on slim PSPs would be excellent.

This is just another idea, perhaps creating a driver that allows use of a USB keyboard (or a keyboard that is spliced with the headphone remote plug) with the PSP and PSP Slim would be interesting.

Alpha Male
January 6th, 2008, 04:33
I would like to be able to install codecs. Especially for .flv files. There's a few apps that help but nothing universal. Nothing for .flv files anyway. If there is and I missed it, pm me please.

Nikolaos
January 6th, 2008, 05:06
Better organization in GAME/MEM CARD VIA XMB!

Example: If you press R-Trigger while in GAME Menu. It swaps between ISO Folder, GAME, GAME3XX, and a custom folder! that we could use for psx eboots. Then you would enter memory stick and see all of what you selected.

if not this...

1.50 Kernel on Slim!

masumoto4853
January 6th, 2008, 05:22
I would love to see more support with audio and video files directly in the XMB.:thumbup:

Tets
January 6th, 2008, 05:35
I've noticed a lot of the features requested are already available in one form or another. For example, I've used Custom XMB Editor to hide the icons I don't need, like network update and the camera. It's also possible to organize games and homebrew, I use PSP Content Manager for this.

I second the request for Ogg audio playback in the XMB though. It's already done with homebrew, but the PSP has a very nice music player built in that I like to use. Honestly I think this is something Sony ought to add on their own. They don't have anything to lose except for flash0 space.

MicroNut
January 6th, 2008, 08:22
usb/net hostfs built into XMB

Zin0099
January 6th, 2008, 08:40
i personally would love to have some way of have that usbhost or what ever usb that guy did with a 30gb hdd on the xmb and on the remote play feature why not add a plugin that allows us to like swap disc (ps2 and psone) for japanese games or even psone and ps2 homebrew that would be great

oh and the hdd thing how about using an ipod and it's usb cable but stick a mini usb adapter on the end to connect to the psp! then we would still have acess to the umd door to play umds

mike03$$$
January 6th, 2008, 08:49
i would like a whole new web browser built-in (firefox:thumbup:) or and ineractive with psptube so when you goto youtube on psp a special plugin will be launched into psptube and video will play:eek:

Veskgar
January 6th, 2008, 09:39
I don't really think I want or need any major features added. I love how Dark_AleX maintains all or most of the features in the "official" firmware but just opens it up to do so much more.

The best thing is being able to use all of the nice features SONY includes but also do so much more. Dark_AleX seems to know and understand this. I don't think he'll try to add anything too crazy and risk the quality and simplicity of his current formula.

I'm appreciative either way though. I just got a PS3 for my Birthday and it will be fun seeing how my Slim PSP and PS3 can interact.

skulkk
January 6th, 2008, 11:00
First of all i would like to thank Dark Alex and all the other heroes of the homebrew scene. I use my psp for more homebrew than psp games. A few have already mentioned this, but i thought i'd put my bid in:

1: sub folder support for xmb music player (wanted it for a long time now - please fix what sony broke)

2: homebrew order sorting to save having to reorder the menu via pc software.

Other than that it does me fine.

No_one_in_particular
January 6th, 2008, 12:52
file browser with cut, copy, paste and delete.

oh and someway to download roms through the psps web browser X0
I thought you could already? By downloading the zip they usually come in to somewhere like /MUSIC. Then you could just unzip it to your roms folder using either AnonymousTipster's Unzip, or the plugin for that in iRshell, and then just delete the original .zip? I could be talking out my arse, like.

But yeh, definitely need some form of copying and pasting.

leonalchemist
January 6th, 2008, 14:50
"I've noticed a lot of the features requested are already available in one form or another. For example, I've used Custom XMB Editor to hide the icons I don't need, like network update and the camera. It's also possible to organize games and homebrew, I use PSP Content Manager for this."

yes but those are flipping homebrew for the psp, i dont want to use or find a new program or worse use homebrew on my psp to check out movie, ect.
it SUCKS

avi doesn't work on psp i think.
so wtf are u guys saying. even most homebrew sucks for this. and again it seriously sucks to use a homebrew to check out video

what would be cool is havent no convertion to do to play mivie on psp since the file size is pretty much the same at the end, for mp4 and avi files

Cloudhunter
January 6th, 2008, 16:32
Geez, who said he will read this? This is just like a fantasy thread. Everyone knows that he won't ever care about this. Like the title says "What would you request?", not "What will you request?". This is just like all the other threads posted recently, you post your opinion, and that's it.

Darthy

...And you miss out my helpful bit of information in your quote. Nice.

The reason I posted is because I hate these "DCEmu interview" series, and stuff like that. I also hate the fact that people may be posting while thinking that Dark_AleX might read it - when the chances are that he won't unless I pass the link to Mathieulh or something.

So, the question is - why did you post? Surely what you said added nothing to the thread? If you don't like my posts just learn to ignore them :)

Cloudy

chrrox
January 6th, 2008, 17:21
I know this is most likely not possible but if it were I would want all psp games that only support adhoc to be able to support internet play through something like kaillera

dgila
January 6th, 2008, 17:53
A built in file browser and fullscreen tv out for comercial games (on the slim xD) just a zoom or something xD I think it is not so difficult xDDD

blaz3d
January 6th, 2008, 18:05
I know this is most likely not possible but if it were I would want all psp games that only support adhoc to be able to support internet play through something like kaillera

click xlink kai in my sig, your prayers were answered years ago;) unless you mean without the engine but that would be impossible. but need any help setting up pm me:)

anyway, adhoc file transfer is my wish list!

NoQuarter
January 6th, 2008, 19:12
Lol,I got flammed...

$n!per,I am familiar with wifi sniffer.I personally use warXMB on my wifi modded psp.
I meant if there was some way to access wifi scan through vsh menu without having to resort to external plugins or apps.
I also like the Idea of file manipulation in the XMB.
Thanks for having my back trivium,I don't think that guy knew what he was talking about :)

b_simpson1999
January 6th, 2008, 20:27
make it all into a irshell cfw lol or someway to load it without having it on ur memory card or a usb/wi-fi host thingy

lockrock
January 6th, 2008, 21:11
i would wnt to be able to download files and put it anywhere

jurkevicz
January 7th, 2008, 02:45
It might sound silly but I would like to have the 4th brightness enable without the need of a pluguin. (on both Slim and Phat)

Dutt
January 7th, 2008, 03:00
It might sound silly but I would like to have the 4th brightness enable without the need of a pluguin. (on both Slim and Phat)

I didnt know u needed a plugin to do this..I thought the custom FW done this allready..(mine Does ahha)..

i think all thats needed is to fix the file information when u go to info on a homebrew it does not show the full size of it just the eboot size ..So just make it show subfolder sizes aswell would b great..thanks DA for everything mate..

oh and please show him this post cloudy..:)

unstoppable_96
January 7th, 2008, 03:37
Triv1um's ideas genius, itl be so much easier if there was a updating server

Alucardmoon
January 7th, 2008, 03:44
emulation with tv out

DarthPaul
January 7th, 2008, 04:02
...And you miss out my helpful bit of information in your quote. Nice.

The reason I posted is because I hate these "DCEmu interview" series, and stuff like that. I also hate the fact that people may be posting while thinking that Dark_AleX might read it - when the chances are that he won't unless I pass the link to Mathieulh or something.

So, the question is - why did you post? Surely what you said added nothing to the thread? If you don't like my posts just learn to ignore them :)

Cloudy

I didn't say I don't like them. I'm just doing what everyone does, sharing my point of view. I quoted your reply because I felt like it.

But yeah, I know what you mean. Dark_AleX won't care about this. But psh... let the people dream at least.

"I hate these DCEmu interview series.", so, you told me to ignore your posts if I didn't like them. And you don't like the interviews... just ignore them, and don't reply. :)

Darthy

aznflameboy
January 7th, 2008, 11:11
AVI support for videos so I dont need to convert all my anime. That would be nice

leonalchemist
January 7th, 2008, 17:29
said that already ^^

Psyberjock
January 8th, 2008, 14:00
Simple. I've asked for this every CF version.

MAKE THE DAMN REGION FREE VIDEO UMDS WORK!

boo128
January 8th, 2008, 15:29
I have only two things "extra" that I would like to see:

Built-in file browser with the ability to copy, paste & delete
The Game XMB to have sub folders (like the photo one)

Still probably too much to expect as the flash space does not have elastic sides...

dangee
January 8th, 2008, 17:37
There's 2 features that'd make a new CFW a must-have for me.

Ability to return from a game EBOOT (or the web browser) to the XMB
without automatically killing the thread - to allow 'bouncing' between at
least 2 different games/apps with no waiting for a reload on every bounce.

Increase of the max. number of characters in the OSK.
ATM, the limit is 512

turnerl
January 9th, 2008, 06:33
Disable the system Update from within the XMB for the slim.

No_one_in_particular
January 9th, 2008, 06:47
^Or better yet, the ability to.

gannon730
January 9th, 2008, 07:21
i think it would be cool if you could some how use the "furikup" app and make it so you can ring out and in on the XMB or in the game
i reackon that this would be sweet

Cloudhunter
January 9th, 2008, 08:27
"I hate these DCEmu interview series.", so, you told me to ignore your posts if I didn't like them. And you don't like the interviews... just ignore them, and don't reply. :)

I've not replied to those interviews yet ;)

Cloudy

JasonSantucci
January 9th, 2008, 11:50
The ability to charge up battery whilst wifi is in use. I've always wondered why the PSP Phat doesn't allow this (the slim does apparently).

turnerl
January 10th, 2008, 05:20
With 3.71 m33-4 when I try to connect to the PS3 it says it needs to update? maybe this could be fixed in the next update?

bah
January 10th, 2008, 06:04
JasonSantucci: Haha, that sounded so crazy I had to test it myself. Quality sony randomness.

There were issues with the wifi hardware in the PSP getting hot, perhaps the heat from charging the battery made it worse? You wouldn't think that would be it and I doubt it would create interference, very strange.

boo128
January 10th, 2008, 15:31
With 3.71 m33-4 when I try to connect to the PS3 it says it needs to update? maybe this could be fixed in the next update?

You just need to use the new psardumper to decrypt and extract the premo_plugin.rco (located in f0\vsh\resource) and premo_plugin.prx (located in f0\vsh\module) from the 3.73 OFW and swap them with the ones on the PSP - this works for the PS3 2.10 update...:thumbup:

JasonSantucci
January 11th, 2008, 13:33
There were issues with the wifi hardware in the PSP getting hot, perhaps the heat from charging the battery made it worse?

That's what I though initially, but if it is possible to change in software, i'd love to see it happen :p

Triv1um
January 15th, 2008, 16:22
Triv1um's ideas genius, itl be so much easier if there was a updating server

They used it :D