PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Microsoft working on first party sequel for next Xbox console

wraggster
January 6th, 2008, 01:22
EGM's Quartermann (or, as we at the Joystiq offices like to call him, ScoopMaster Q) reports that he recently caught wind of a heretofore unannounced Microsoft project -- a sequel to one of their first party titles, which is being developed for the next Xbox console. Apparently, the game was being developed for the Xbox 360, but for reasons unknown, the company recently decided to postpone the game, putting it instead on their next system.

While it's no surprise that there will be another Microsoft gaming console (Xbox 720? 361? Ybox?), nor is it particularly strange for a company to work on games for a system before its release (or announcement), it is peculiar that this news, if true, comes pretty soon in the Xbox 360's life. Considering that Microsoft has repeatedly said that the 360 will outlast the usual five year console cycle, why would they start working on games for a new system just a little over two years after the 360 came out? Consider one of our eyebrows officially raised in skepticism.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/05/rumor-microsoft-working-on-first-party-sequel-for-next-xbox-con/

DarthPaul
January 6th, 2008, 01:41
That's lame. I don't know they'll wait that much...

Probably a portable Xbox is coming soon...

Elven6
January 6th, 2008, 02:05
Its not that suprising, the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii started their planning stage in 2003ish. Just because its planned won't be it will come out in a few months, Id give this 2-3 mabye 4 years tops.

mcdougall57
January 6th, 2008, 02:25
damn that sucks i just bought mine

Shadowblind
January 6th, 2008, 05:40
I doubt this is remotely true. I don't really care what they say, no game company is this stupid. This is about as likely as MGS4 on 360, or gears on PS3, unless they plan on this being one helluva game to take 4-6 years to develop.