PDA

View Full Version : PSPTube++ 2008/01/06 - Watch Youtube & More on your PSP

wraggster
January 6th, 2008, 10:37
SofiyaCat (http://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/wiki/?PSPTube) has released a new test version of PSPtube otherwise known as Youtube for the PSP

This app plays supports much more than just Youtube, why not try with your favourite streaming website and post your verdicts.

No Idea whats New as its a Test version but it is for Custom Firmware 371M33.

Digg This (http://digg.com/playstation/Youtube_for_the_PSP_Updated)

http://digg.com/playstation/Youtube_for_the_PSP_Updated

This let's you play and watch the videos directly from the YouTube (http://youtube.com) website,you don't have to download and convert FLV files or anything.

Installation:

- Download and unzip the file attached here.
- Copy the PSPTube folder to the GAME3XX folder.
- Create an account here (http://youtube.com/dev).
- Open the psptube.cfg file with a Text Editor.
- Find the ev_id = "ABCDEFGHIJK" dev_id = "" text in the file and insert your account information there.
- Start the application from the main menu and select an internet connection with the O button.
*Note: It'll show as "No Videos",just press O to search for the videos.*
- Enjoy!

Controls:
Start Button - Play/Pause
O - Select/Enter
X - Go back to Results
L Trigger - Go to the Previous Results page
R Trigger - Go to the Next Results page
Select Button - Change Screen size

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

one winged angel
January 6th, 2008, 12:04
its says you can try yur own video site and try it work or what?:confused::confused::confused:

in the config you cannot put any dev id

No_one_in_particular
January 6th, 2008, 12:47
Yeh, are those old instructions? Because I thought SofiyaCat had got rid of the need to enter a dev ID...

Anonymous D
January 6th, 2008, 13:06
yrh, in the previouis versions you didnt need to enter a dev id, whats up with that?

this must be a misunderstanding, because there is no psptube.cfg in the archive as far as i can see.

Ryupowerup
January 6th, 2008, 13:18
this is what i seen thats new

DailyMotion added
Onsen added
and
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Ryupower/snap005.jpg
look a the bottom right================================ /\

download:
download (http://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/dev/PSPTube/PSPTube20080106.zip)

you DONT need you dev if any more

DarthPaul
January 6th, 2008, 14:17
Yay DailyMotion added! I knew it! I said that yesterday in the latest release thread.

Anyways, as you guys say, yeah, that changelog/instructions are old. You don't need the dev_id anymore and the controls changed a little bit.

superadamwo
January 6th, 2008, 14:38
This version isn't even in the downloads section on SofiyaCat's website. Where did it come from?

tyranos
January 6th, 2008, 16:18
and divx playback is really good too
especially small videos

i really love this app

imdave
January 6th, 2008, 17:02
What do you type into the config file?
It's not very clear.

one winged angel
January 6th, 2008, 17:10
damn dailymotion adult content doesnt work

tyranos
January 6th, 2008, 17:28
@imdave read all the post the get the right file which doesnt need config file editing to work

gamefreak199101
January 6th, 2008, 17:37
So Far I Found out that:
-It's for Custom Firmware 371M33
-DailyMotion added
-Onsen added
-you may now see the seconds in a show in the bottom right hand corner.

Installation:

- Download and unzip the file attached here.
- Copy the PSPTube folder to the GAME folder.
- Start the application from the main menu and select an internet connection with the x button.
*Note: It'll show as "Favorites",just press select button to switch to which player you want for example Youtbe,Stage6, Daily Motion etc adn then click o for searching your video
- Enjoy!

Controls:
Start Button - Play/Pause
O - Search adn go back to search in a video
X - Play
Select Button - Change Screen size

Buddy4point0
January 6th, 2008, 18:05
awsome!
i really like psp tube.
mabey sometime he could make it into a plugin for use with the sony internet browser!

mike03$$$
January 6th, 2008, 18:23
awsome!
i really like psp tube.
mabey sometime he could make it into a plugin for use with the sony internet browser!
at least someone is thinking like me i said same in the your wishes in future custom firmware

Anonymous D
January 6th, 2008, 18:52
someone hinted this plays divx files? is this true, and if so doesn it have any resoloution limits?

superadamwo
January 6th, 2008, 19:36
Divx is still in early stage, so it barely works. I dunno about the resolution thing.

pkmaximum
January 6th, 2008, 20:43
Man and the updates keep rolling out, this emulator seriously only keeps getting better and better. More streams I guess he could add would be, gamespot, gametrailers, anime-eden, stormberry. I don't know much more, maybe like movie trailers and such there are a bunch of x-box scripts I bet he could port over? Well anyway this is definently among the BEST PSP apps =)

Panda Bear K
January 6th, 2008, 22:10
someone hinted this plays divx files? is this true, and if so doesn it have any resoloution limits?Normal Divx videos on Stage6 are still very glitchy, it'll probably be a while yet till the whole Divx player thing smooths out. But all the other websites work like a dream.

And I wish Sofiyacat would get rid of the timer at the bottom, it's kind of intrusive when there are subtitles. Also, I wish when you're downloading like 32 stuff at once, the download bars won't block some of your search results. Other than that, this app is the bestest EVWER

Panda Bear K
January 6th, 2008, 22:26
Is it normal for the onsen website to have no video, and just audio playing? What is it exactly.

Mr. Greed
January 7th, 2008, 00:06
so it doesn't work for 3.52 M33-4? :(

buugtdbgt
January 7th, 2008, 00:31
this works on 3.52m33-4 put in m33-4v folder

No_one_in_particular
January 7th, 2008, 00:34
Yeh I think "for Custom Firmware 371M33" means it supports it, not specifically just 371M33?

pkmaximum
January 7th, 2008, 06:37
ok does anyone know though how to get rid of the timer in the bottom right corner, because I mean I guess its kool but it would look better to me without it.

pokemon1
January 7th, 2008, 18:36
how do i connnect to the internet with this...so confused//

dark heart
January 7th, 2008, 23:15
yes! another site with more avgn, thanks! and a stream counter too, sweet!

Mr. Greed
January 8th, 2008, 02:31
Yeh I think "for Custom Firmware 371M33" means it supports it, not specifically just 371M33?

good point

also,
CONFIRMED to work for my 3.52 - 4 M33 CFM

awesome homebrew, better than 1st release

pokemon1
January 8th, 2008, 06:43
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I GET THE OFFLINE STATUS TO CHANGE TO ONLINE>>>its starts offline....how do i change it to online/????? argh! help me please....

Gene
January 8th, 2008, 07:16
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I GET THE OFFLINE STATUS TO CHANGE TO ONLINE>>>its starts offline....how do i change it to online/????? argh! help me please....

Try to turn your wifi switch on before boot up. If that doesn't, try to work download it again. also if you don't have any wireless network settings established, the program may be automatically assuming you don't have wifi. Try those things and if it still doesn't work post back here. Good luck.

pkmaximum
January 8th, 2008, 21:08
ok does anyone know though how to get rid of the timer in the bottom right corner, because I mean I guess its kool but it would look better to me without it.

Can anyone help?

Panda Bear K
January 8th, 2008, 21:15
Ya, the timer isn't really needed, and it's kind of big... and it covers up subtitles and stufff....

Hopefully Sofiyacat gets rid of it for the next release. Right now it doesn't serve any purpose really. A simple timer that comes up when prompted would work well enough.

pkmaximum
January 8th, 2008, 21:56
Dam by that comment I guess there is no way to get rid of it, hopefully he does get rid of it, cause I can't stand looking at it when I'm watching an anime and I need to read the subtitles =(

Broadus
January 9th, 2008, 00:24
This is amazing! It actually loads extremely fast, is really stable and plays videos perfectly. It can even enter and exit sleep mode without problem. Thanks a lot, SofiyaCat!

ropes
January 9th, 2008, 08:49
cool app! Needs IR keyboad support!