PDA

View Full Version : Help

StEaK
July 27th, 2005, 06:58
ok i am the biggest noob at this and i really really would like to get to know how to do all the things you guys do like put these programs on my psp and some games on it two so please someone help me i really wanna get to get my moneys worth

disruptor
July 27th, 2005, 16:21
Ok dude, slow down. If you want to run homebrew, there's no point in us just telling you what do to step by step. Go off and READ everything you can about homebrew. And take your time. After about half an hour you should have a pretty good idea of how it all works. Then we'll show you the practical element.

IndianCheese
July 27th, 2005, 23:59
if you did a network update, you can't run homebrew. too bad. if you didn't, go here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6432

StEaK
July 28th, 2005, 09:41
ok so by network update do you mean the update that comes with coded arms and also after im done reading all this ill be able to put snes genesis nes and n64 on my psp right

rmedtx
July 28th, 2005, 13:39
What version of PSP do you have?

IndianCheese
July 28th, 2005, 21:25
ok so by network update do you mean the update that comes with coded arms and also after im done reading all this ill be able to put snes genesis nes and n64 on my psp right

No. No, no, no. Your PSP must be version 1.0 or 1.50 to run homebrew. To check this, go to Settings, then System Settings then System Information. To learn how to put homebrew on it, go to the link i mentioned earlier. If your PSP is higher than that, you're out of luck (for the next few months, of course).

StEaK
July 29th, 2005, 01:38
oh alright yea i can run it but what does homebrew do

G-RaZoR
July 29th, 2005, 05:17
Homebrew is just "lingo" for apps that people like you or me can create for it. For instance, you can have emulators for the NES, etc. You can also have neat programs like PSPaint (a painting program).

If you have 1.5 (NOT 1.51,1.52,2.00) then you can use Homebrew stuff.