PDA

View Full Version : PSP-RSS v0.1 build 1

wraggster
July 27th, 2005, 17:13
New Software for PSP

PSP-RSS v0.1 build 1
--------------------

Welcome to the new world of RSS! This early sneak peak at PSP-RSS will allow you to sync the latest headlines with any PSP.
It currently syncs the headlines to a text file on your PSP which can be read with your favorite text reader.

Setup
-----

To install PSP-RSS, please follow the following steps:

1) Create a folder on your Memory Stick called \PSP\News.
2) Launch PSP-RSS and add or delete feeds as needed
3) Choose your PSP drive (make sure your PSP is connected) and hit sync (the refresh icon)
4) Use your favorite PSP text reader on your PSP

wraggster
July 27th, 2005, 17:31
Notes
-----

Build 1 doesn't support feed deletions directly inside the interface, nor does it display the currently added feeds,
this is currently in development. Please remember this is the first ALPHA of the program, more of a tech demo. It
has not reached beta yet.In order to delete feeds open the NewsFeeds directory where you extracted PSP-RSS and delete
the vnfeed files you do not wish to keep.

What's Planned
--------------

Since this is an early version obviously you want to know what is next! Here's what's currently planned:

- Live sync, will automatically sync whenever you PSP is connected
- Full news format in HTML (currently waiting for text reader support for HTML)
- Not only headlines, full text
- Full in-program feed manager, easy to add, remove, and view your current feeds
- Translations! The program currently supports multiple langauges, but I need translators, contact me!

Web
---

The PSP section is not up yet (as a matter of fact the entire site is mostly down), but keep checking our website for
updates and more:

www.nerisoft.com

Version History
---------------

v0.1 build 1 - 07.26.05
- First Release
- Works, minimal feature set

delude
July 18th, 2006, 17:10
Okay. I have downloaded the program and have done what it said in the sinstructions but where exactly do i go to get the feed?