PDA

View Full Version : Downgrade psp firmware v3.8?

kotakotakota
January 6th, 2008, 22:51
Hi, I'm new to all this, and I was wondering if there is a way to downgrade the psp official firmware v.3.8 with only a memory stick? I looked all around, and found about the pandora's battery, but I don't want to deal with sodering and all of that or bother buying another battery. Is there a way to make a "pandora memory stick"?

Thanks! :D

Eviltaco64
January 7th, 2008, 00:51
In order to use the Pardora Exploit, you need a custom battery (you can make one with another modded psp, buy one off of divineo, or desolder something on the battery, i forget), and files from a modded psp (you can find them online, so google is your friend on that one).

Crinny-O
January 18th, 2008, 18:52
Hey, i've just started yesterday, so i'm wondering:
1. What's a pandoras battery?
2.can i do what Kotakotakota said without buying a modded PSP?

madmanmikeadams14107
January 22nd, 2008, 04:10
I Need Help Down Grading 3.80 Slim Please Someone Help

madmanmikeadams14107
January 22nd, 2008, 04:11
IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE EMAIL ME [email protected]

jefflin
February 23rd, 2008, 02:18
Right , you can make a pandora battery your self, but it not a easy thing.

The key to that daunting task, it seems, was to turn an ordinary PSP battery into a so-called "service mode trigger battery," resulting in something N00bz has appropriately dubbed "Pandora's Battery." To make one of your own, you'll of course need a spare battery, as well as a working homebrew-enabled PSP to set things up with. After running a few programs on it and your PC, you should then have a battery/memory stick combo that'll let you get any PSP back up and running with the v1.5 firmware.

many forum give a detailed steps to make a pandora battery, but it really not a easy thing. and you need a custom battery. i suggest buy a pandora battery instead to make one, as i know, many site sell that, and not cost you much, often less than $15. such as gogamestuff.com (http://www.gogamestuff.com/gogamestuff-topseller-skuid-a07122700ux0001-brandid-3-typeid-29-detail.html)

Eviltaco64
February 23rd, 2008, 04:39
You can buy a premade Pandora Battery online for about $25.
Then there are easy installers that install the files onto your psp memory stick.
put the battery in your PSP, it should boot, and give you the option to downgrade/unbrick your PSP.
Once it downgrades, you're good to go!