PDA

View Full Version : GPS SatNav Coming to US PSPs

wraggster
January 7th, 2008, 06:36
Son just dropped a bombshell and thats that you lucky USA folks are getting Satnav Via your PSP.

Heres the info from PSPfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/01/06/ces-gps-peripheral-coming-soon-to-the-us/)

The Consumer Electronics Show has been big for the PSP. Sony officially revealed plans for Skype on the PSP. Now, they've shown off GPS navigation for use with the PSP. The peripheral has been readily available in Japan for quite some time now, but this is the first official sign that the US will also receive the device.

The Sony CES website reveals that the peripheral will work with navigation software, provided on UMD. "Your PSP will provide 2D/3D locations, driving directions, POI's, and even downloadable city guides. With an easy search feature feature and customizable settings, GPS on PSP is the easiest way to navigate new areas and new cities."

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8898/pspgpsannmo4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

wraggster
January 7th, 2008, 06:38
i bloody hope the UK is getting the same :)

CaptainMorgan4
January 7th, 2008, 06:53
Ahhh nice, but I got a GPS for christmas so this has no use for me, but interesting enough.

Panda Bear K
January 7th, 2008, 08:39
Is it just me or is there something new and exciting happening on the PSP every day?! Whether it be from the homebrew community or Sony themselves.

Anyhow, this is totally awesome. I'll be getting a PSP holder for my car, and it appears a car adapter will also be in my financial report the coming tax season. haha

And why isn't there a GPS attachment in that picture?

ChaosCrypt
January 7th, 2008, 08:43
i bloody hope the UK is getting the same :)

Well the picture on the mock-up IS of the approach to The Houses of Parliment from Victoria.....

No_one_in_particular
January 7th, 2008, 10:52
Well spotted^. I too hope we're included.

zeritooverride
January 7th, 2008, 14:04
*crosses fingers hoping for Puerto Rico maps*

Other companies have detailed maps of Puerto Rico in their USA packages, I hope Sony does the same.

Seven7
January 7th, 2008, 17:51
I can't help but notice a couple things.

1.) As was already mentioned, there's no gps attached to the psp in the pic, unless it was meant only to show off the software side of things...

2.) There's no release date in the article, unless one hasn't been announced yet. Still if they've gotten this far...

Anywho, what else can be said except it's about time.

-Seven7-

pibs
January 7th, 2008, 21:40
If they release this ill buy it, otherwise theres always deniska hb as an alternative.

Buddy4point0
January 7th, 2008, 22:23
AWSOME!
i will def get this!
i really can't wait!

blazsly
January 7th, 2008, 22:42
Wow finally man as was said earlier the psp just get keep getting more awesome. With sony and the homebrew community keep sending out new features this portable is turning into a techno monster. Ds cant even hope to compete.

Safari Al
January 8th, 2008, 02:39
i swear i will be pissed off if this for slims only. I like the idea and all but sony please at least stop ripping off the homebrew scene. Thanks deniska for your gps idea.

-=me=-
January 8th, 2008, 16:49
About time

X10-ARROW
January 9th, 2008, 07:55
Hi there guys

I have just got the officail gps for the psp by Sony..however i have to download the software for it ...can anyone point me to the site to do this...I bought it from Hong Kong and the writing is all chinese:mad: