PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Idiot sells life to keep wife happy

marc.williams
July 28th, 2005, 00:05
Opinions please! :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4313&item=5223552074&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Christuserloeser
July 28th, 2005, 00:08
I'd kill someone for the boxed Hello Kitty DC - ...nah it's a blue one :-/

Cap'n 1time
July 28th, 2005, 00:41
wow.... thats quite a collection...

he got the goods.

ON TOP OF THIS I AM THROWING IN A 20 INCH MONITOR TO MAKE THE MOST OF THE VGA BOX also a SVHS to VGA double scanner for the none vga games, a pair of decent stereo multimedia speakersand not least a VERY LIMITED HELLO KITTY (BLUE) JAPANESE dreamcast with all accessories and paperwork, step down transformer and lots of Japanese games . IS THAT IT? I want lots of money for this auction, bid early I would be prepared to finish auction early if the highest bid is good enough. But this is not to bypass ebay policy.

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2005, 09:05
He bought out a storage bin from a liquidater people do this all the time a lot of times you never know what your buying from a storage bin untill youve won the auction. this guy just got really lucky :p

Storys like his are common on ebay. It sounds a lot better then,hey guys I got all this stuff for 300 bucks when I bid on a storage bin auction lol

DCDayDreamer
July 28th, 2005, 11:32
Somebody please restrain me!

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2005, 11:39
I mean come on lol
You know its ture. Thats not this mans life collection.He makes his liveing off ebay. Like a lot of people do, And when you make a liveing running auctions off ebay you have to find mass product for little cash,
are you saying deals like that cant be won from storage bin auctions or somthing? Ive ran up on deals like that myself :p

marc.williams
July 28th, 2005, 12:13
Screw you Shadowprophet - It is MY collection, why else would I have drawn attention to it if it was someone elses?

I have spent too much money on it for idiot like you who are just jealous. :mad:

Darksaviour69
July 28th, 2005, 12:25
marc.williams this is yours? why are u selling up?

(btw we normally don't like people signing up, just to spam, but for a collection like that we will make an exception)

also please don't flame

ptr.exe
July 28th, 2005, 13:02
marc, that is one hell of a collection, when i saw the pic in the link, i believe my words were a very long winded profanity.

The auctions going well, up to £1550.00 with 4 days.

rmedtx
July 28th, 2005, 13:31
marc.williams,
That's an awesome collection. How can you sell it? I mean, I'm sure you will get what's worth, but doesn't it hurt to let it go?

Darksaviour69
July 28th, 2005, 13:38
I see you didnt get mark for flameing....

just go ahead and ban me this is my first outburst like that but damn. if its going to be all one sided and gang me like that I dont even want to be here anyway.

i u have a problem, please pm me. I did tell marc that flaming was not allowed, but you flame was in a different scale, also u have been here a while, u should know better.

we have very low torrence to rule breaking, i will ban u if i have too (u are lucky other mods/admins would ban u right off).

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2005, 13:48
i u have a problem, please pm me. I did tell marc that flaming was not allowed, but you flame was in a different scale, also u have been here a while, u should know better.

we have very low torrence to rule breaking, i will ban u if i have too (u are lucky other mods/admins would ban u right off).
your right dark I apologige for it even to marc, I think I may have went way overbord . Im sorry yall
Thanks for not banning me, I sliped and fell into a moment of ignorance.
You saved me from being banned bro thanx dark. I really mean that :cool:

marc.williams
July 28th, 2005, 14:16
Guys, I didn't expect the unprovoked attack on something that has been a great joy to me over the years.

I have been reading articles and posts on this site (on and off) for nearly a year and now that I signed up I will frequent this place more. I thought this might be one place where we would have a common topic. Surely we are here because we have an interest in Dreamcast, and am I the only person in the world to have this collection? For the collectors out there... it can be done. Some contacted me earlier in the week that actually live quite close by and because of Ebay posting he sent me photos of his Japanese collection which was very impressive. Can't we all just be happy for each other?

I have gone past my childhood years now (30) and this collection was started as a kind of "see if I could" and I did. For the last two years my wife has been nagging me to sell the lot (including the xbox, cube, PS2) including all unnecessary gadgets. I told her I would sell it "once it was complete" it is now complete.

By the way aren't all new threads just Spam?

In response to the "nice" people, As I had taken a photo of the PAL stuff (I have a lot more on import) and as it was complete I thought it would be good to show it off. None of my friends are impressed by it that's for sure. The missus thinks I am crazy for whittling away our money.

I believe that the collection is worth £5000 (as a collection). Original retail would be in the region of £10,000. I am looking for at least a decent figure but not to make money.

When I got to 50 titles I thought, lets collect the lot... by the time I got to 170 it became so difficult, but I had to continue. Last year I was in Japan with the intention of buying a NEO-GEO and Metal Slug but found the cartridges to be £1000 each! So I change my mind and bought the Hello Kitty machine on the shell next to it.

I won't retract my earlier response and I will flame anyone that insults my games collection! You have all been warned now. Being kicked off a forum isn't going to cause me any sleep.

I like to believe that I am now an authority on the subject of DC games as I can honestly say I "have" played them all. Having me posting on this should be to your (dcemu's) credit.

Ok, back to work now... :)

shadowprophet
July 28th, 2005, 14:25
Guys, I didn't expect the unprovoked attack on something that has been a great joy to me over the years.

I have been reading articles and posts on this site (on and off) for nearly a year and now that I signed up I will frequent this place more. I thought this might be one place where we would have a common topic. Surely we are here because we have an interest in Dreamcast, and am I the only person in the world to have this collection? For the collectors out there... it can be done. Some contacted me earlier in the week that actually live quite close by and because of Ebay posting he sent me photos of his Japanese collection which was very impressive. Can't we all just be happy for each other?

I have gone past my childhood years now (30) and this collection was started as a kind of "see if I could" and I did. For the last two years my wife has been nagging me to sell the lot (including the xbox (http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=168), cube, PS2) including all unnecessary gadgets. I told her I would sell it "once it was complete" it is now complete.

By the way aren't all new threads just Spam?

In response to the "nice" people, As I had taken a photo of the PAL stuff (I have a lot more on import) and as it was complete I thought it would be good to show it off. None of my friends are impressed by it that's for sure. The missus thinks I am crazy for whittling away our money.

I believe that the collection is worth £5000 (as a collection). Original retail would be in the region of £10,000. I am looking for at least a decent figure but not to make money.

When I got to 50 titles I thought, lets collect the lot... by the time I got to 170 it became so difficult, but I had to continue. Last year I was in Japan with the intention of buying a NEO-GEO and Metal Slug but found the cartridges to be £1000 each! So I change my mind and bought the Hello Kitty machine on the shell next to it.

I won't retract my earlier response and I will flame anyone that insults my games collection! You have all been warned now. Being kicked off a forum isn't going to cause me any sleep.

I like to believe that I am now an authority on the subject of DC games as I can honestly say I "have" played them all. Having me posting on this should be to your (dcemu's) credit.

Ok, back to work now... :)

First of all I didnt know that the auction on ebay was an auction from a Dcemu member. Or I would have shown it proper respect to begin with. I honestly thought that somone had just found the auction and brought it to our attention. My comments untill it got a little bit slanderous where never ment to be an attack on you marc I apologize for that. I realize you must be very proud of your collection,As we all are of our own, But There was a lot of facts I couldnt have known unless I was psychic bro so please cut me that much slack on this ?

marc.williams
July 28th, 2005, 14:39
Don't beat yourself up over it.

I don't think the auction is going to reach what it is worth to me... maybe the missus will feel sorry for me and let me keep it!

I sold the TIVO
PSP is still available
Gamecube going next...

Still I rather sell it myself than let her "give them away" for free.

rmedtx
July 28th, 2005, 14:40
marc.williams,
I'm sure nobody wanted to offend you. The way your post is titled sounds like youre talking about somebody else. I'm sure nobody knew it was you selling your collection.
I hope everything is ok now.
;)

Darksaviour69
July 28th, 2005, 14:44
come on guys can u just kiss and make up?

btw, we will not tolerate rule braking, and flaming for any reason, is not allowed.

now back on topic!

so how many games is that? and since u have play all pal game, which is the best and worst?

rmedtx
July 28th, 2005, 14:59
I agree Dark,
Lets be a happy family again.
Did you finish all the games marc?

ptr.exe
July 28th, 2005, 16:04
this is all so touching... feel like im gonna cry... :D

Cross
July 28th, 2005, 16:52
...I want it

marc.williams
July 28th, 2005, 17:17
I never get chance to play them these days, my job takes a lot of my time and the missus has a point that I only ever a few of them.

Nowadays I mostly use my Xbox, but I have retro fun on the Dreamcast. I was always one of the guys who said it would be a failure and that it was a Playstation copy with the flaws of a PC.

I will eat humble pie on this one and this, my collection is my tribute to Sega's last stand against against the dreadly poor N64 and the onslaught of the Playstation brand. The Dreamcast IS the best retro console and WILL be remembered (as with the SNK's Neo-Geo) with fondness by those people who played Sega games ON Sega hardware.

ptr.exe
July 30th, 2005, 15:09
The N64 was an incredible console, with one of the most revolutionary controllers. In comparison Dreamcast's controller is crap.

marc.williams
July 31st, 2005, 19:48
The N64 was an incredible console, with one of the most revolutionary controllers. In comparison Dreamcast's controller is crap.

Irony, eh? The Dreamcast controller despite its looks is very comfortable in comparison the N64 controller is as stupid as the Atari Jaguar controller. Nintendo must have aimed it mutants with three hands. Nintendo controllers have always been flimsey overrated things. I can't wait to laugh at the Revolution's controller when Nintendo finally unveil it.

Not wanting to start a rumour but does anyone actually believe that it has been designed so far or is this Nintendo's only way to get press write ups.

Nintendo is DEAD and as a retro console they are beyond poor. I wait to see my second flame on this topic... Go on plug your N64 into the TV count the polygons, my Megadrive can move polygons around the screen quicker.

Now count the frame rate, literally you CAN. What is that you say? 5 frames per second wow that's moving.

By the way only one day left on my auction...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5223552074&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Cap'n 1time
August 1st, 2005, 01:51
Irony, eh? The Dreamcast controller despite its looks is very comfortable in comparison the N64 controller is as stupid as the Atari Jaguar controller. Nintendo must have aimed it mutants with three hands. Nintendo controllers have always been flimsey overrated things. I can't wait to laugh at the Revolution's controller when Nintendo finally unveil it.

Not wanting to start a rumour but does anyone actually believe that it has been designed so far or is this Nintendo's only way to get press write ups.

Nintendo is DEAD and as a retro console they are beyond poor. I wait to see my second flame on this topic... Go on plug your N64 into the TV count the polygons, my Megadrive can move polygons around the screen quicker.

Now count the frame rate, literally you CAN. What is that you say? 5 frames per second wow that's moving.

By the way only one day left on my auction...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5223552074&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

no, two handed people are mutants.. only us nintendo fans have three hands apparently.

I personally I didnt like the N64 controller either, It worked well sometimes (Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart, and Zelda) but sometimes i wished.. neh... i LONGED for the days of my comfortable SNES pad.

The 1rst party DC controller WOULD have been fine if it didnt have that retarded cord coming from the bottem. I also liked the Larger Xbox controller as I was so used to the DC controller by the time I bought one...

anyway, we got off topic and now were talking about controllers... :)

Kaiser
August 2nd, 2005, 10:12
This guy I like. Sega fan until the bitter end. That Dreamcast collection also forced me to put on a fresh pair of pants.

...with fondness by those people who played Sega games ON Sega hardware.
:) :D

I think I'm gonna go play my Sega Genesis now...cuz it does what Nintendon't

Sonic always owned Mario

Mental2k
August 2nd, 2005, 23:04
this is quickly turning into a nostalgia thread, i'm regaining that feeling I first got when sega stopped console production, and got again when I saw sonic on a ninty machine, frig must kurb my compulsion to collect things just this once, wonder how much i'd get for a complete collection of terry pratchett novels.

marc.williams
August 3rd, 2005, 00:40
"wonder how much i'd get for a complete collection of terry pratchett novels."

They'd probably let you off with a caution. Nobody actually "bought" Pratchett novels.

chronoswing
August 3rd, 2005, 10:15
Heh, he ended it early and cancelled the bids, I knew he couldn't give it up. :D

DCDayDreamer
August 3rd, 2005, 20:55
What happened to cause the early cancellation of the auction?

marc.williams
August 3rd, 2005, 21:00
We all know that it was worth more than what ebay buyers were offering. In accordance with the rules I withdrew it from sale with more than 12 hours to go. It might have gone higher in the last few minutes, but what's the likelyhood that itwould have increased by 2 grand? This doesn't mean it is not for sale or that I can't give it up.. for the right price. :rolleyes:

DCDayDreamer
August 3rd, 2005, 22:26
We all know that it was worth more than what ebay buyers were offering. In accordance with the rules I withdrew it from sale with more than 12 hours to go. It might have gone higher in the last few minutes, but what's the likelyhood that itwould have increased by 2 grand? This doesn't mean it is not for sale or that I can't give it up.. for the right price. :rolleyes:

You're missing the point of ebay, it's users bid on items and they hope they will be bargains, most users know their limit and don't exceed that limit, you're now saying that you withdrew the auction because you don't think you would have got the amount you wanted for your auction, why the hell didn't you use the reserve price function then?.

Judging by your feedback, you've been active on ebay for a while and really should have known better, you've registered at this Dreamcast forum and your first post was about your auction, and I must admit that your collection is impressive to say the least...

but if I had bid on your auction and just read your reply I'd be seriously pissed at you for pulling a stunt like that.

Mental2k
August 3rd, 2005, 23:10
poor show marc, and I have a complete collection of terry pratchett novels I bought, beats a twat who cant honour an ebay auction.

Mental2k
August 3rd, 2005, 23:12
As an interesting side note, a first edition, first impression, signed edition of colour of magic went for more than the last bid on your collection.

shadowprophet
August 4th, 2005, 07:40
Bummer. but seriously guys, put yourself in his shoes for just a seconed.
I realize once you put somthing up, your honor bound to it.
lol but seriously . Just for a seconed put yourself in his shoes.
Once an auction is up that it its done writen in stone.
But come on. First of all there are certain things I have that would never go up on the auction block. But if I somhow had a moment of weakness or profound stupidity. And somhow I put those items up. I would probibly go through a range of mixed feelings. I mean its not like he took those peoples money. Just some of there time.
I say its all gravy people.

Although in the back of my mind, I wonder if marc will ever return,
I have this sneeky feeling, that marcs whole point to this was only to drum up attention to his auction. In other words glorified spam.
the fact that he knew how to navigae these forums so well leads me to also belive hes an exisisting member useing another id for spam reasons, Do an ip check on him and you will find who marc really is
I bet :D

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 07:46
OMG that was like the greatest selection of goods i ever seen! i might myself go ahead and bid for that! must of cost so much to get that collection there!

OH YA! Shadowprophet, you made me spend 5 minutes of my life to make u that sig and u never used it!?!?!? eh no big deal, if your not gonna use it, can ya tell me so i can take it of hosting, you know it takes up room!

shadowprophet
August 4th, 2005, 07:54
Welcome back bro
I didnt suspect to ever see you again:D
You know that ban avoidence really ticked some people off.
Im glad your back tho, Do try to stay an active member for a little while this time ;)
Ive still got the gif, i just never exspected to see you back lol i will put it up now just let me go get it ,

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 07:55
thanks cause my hoster lets me do 10 pics a account and i got like 50 accounts and that already haerd to keep up with, i even made my self a program to keep up with em all

shadowprophet
August 4th, 2005, 08:04
Its not there it hasnt already been deleted has it ?

AKB
August 4th, 2005, 08:06
err... ill get the link once more for ya its
http://myspace-894.vo.llnwd.net/00173/49/89/173809894_l.gif

ptr.exe
August 4th, 2005, 11:56
AKB, why can you never stay on topic?

anyway welcome back.

Kaiser
August 4th, 2005, 23:06
AKB, why can you never stay on topic?

anyway welcome back.

His sig is still way to damn large. Shrink it a bit won't you AKB?

marc.williams
August 5th, 2005, 22:00
beats a twat who cant honour an ebay auction.

I have never dishonoured any auction, whether buying or selling... Did I force some of my other auctions on you guys... no because there would have been no interest.

My TIVO
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5792694731&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

My PSP
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75556&item=8208047494

FYI adding a reserve price adds a lot to the cost of the auction.

Although in the back of my mind, I wonder if marc will ever return,
I have this sneeky feeling, that marcs whole point to this was only to drum up attention to his auction. In other words glorified spam.
the fact that he knew how to navigae these forums so well leads me to also belive hes an exisisting member useing another id for spam reasons, Do an ip check on him and you will find who marc really is
I bet

I think shadypuppy is looking to be flamed again. I got over 1200 hits on that auction, I don't think this forum can take the credit for that.

This is post number 20 for me. Will I ever post again? We will see...

DCDayDreamer
August 5th, 2005, 22:30
I have never dishonoured any auction, whether buying or selling...

unfortunately marc, you have now.

FYI adding a reserve price adds a lot to the cost of the auction..

a simple mathematical equation that always works for me:

What I want for the item + reserve price listing = reserve price.

I got over 1200 hits on that auction, I don't think this forum can take the credit for that..

This forum doesn't want the credit for anything, certainly not an item at ebay with 1,200 hits which ends in disappointment for any bidders and would be bidders. You really should have known better if you wanted more than you expected bidders to pay at the end of the auction, there's a lesson here for all ebay users.

marc.williams
August 5th, 2005, 22:48
Well you lot are making "will I ever post again" debate very easy for me....

WHurricane16
August 6th, 2005, 05:19
Marc, disregard these "people". You followed the rules of eBay, what the hell matters what they think?

Welcome to the boards. As you will find out like I have the internet is a very cold place, and it's not worth the time. As long as you chat about what "these" people like you will be fine, as soon as you talk about anything concerning "rules" and what they perceive what rules should be you will get choked.

In other words, don't talk about eBay on a message board full of pubescents.

I'm not attacking anyone, but you all should know my M.O. by now. I put the truth out there, do what you may with it.

Would like to see this site ban eBay auction listings. That doesn't excuse shadowprophet and others, though.

shadowprophet
August 6th, 2005, 05:31
Lol shady puppy. Is that all you could think of?

Thats so sad marc.

Anyway welcome to DCEMU,
:rolleyes:

ptr.exe
August 6th, 2005, 10:38
In other words, don't talk about eBay on a message board full of pubescents.

I'm not attacking anyone, but you all should know my M.O. by now. I put the truth out there, do what you may with it.

Would like to see this site ban eBay auction listings. That doesn't excuse shadowprophet and others, though.
What an insulting post, the internet will be a cold place if you take that attitude towards people.

You are not allowed to post eBay links but an exception was made for this as it was such a significant DC collection. Any post advertising eBay auctions will get deleted as have all that have been posted previously.

Now i know you're m.o. and i'm glad you "put the truth out there" :D lol.

DCDayDreamer
August 6th, 2005, 16:01
This topic is going down the same old path, shame, but that's life!.

Before anyone else embarrasses themselves, and before the flaming starts....

it's time to lock.