PDA

View Full Version : VC Update: King of Fighters '94 & Star Tropics

Shrygue
January 7th, 2008, 19:13
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178824)

Virtual Console enthusiasts have two titles to choose from this week: Star Tropics and King of Fighters '94.

Originally released on the NES, Star Tropics melds adventure and RPG elements into an unpredictable adventure yarn.

Combining space aliens, Indiana Jones and the gameplay of Zelda, there's certainly worse ways to spend a few quid. But there's definitely better ways, too.

Second up is the NeoGeo fighting game The King of Fighters '94. The first in The King of Fighters series, this beat 'em up pits popular characters from other well-known franchises against each other.

The battle system is also notable, clearly inspiring most that followed it. Instead of using a standard best two out of three rounds fight set-up, players choose one of eight teams, with each team made up of three characters.

To win, all members of the other team must be eliminated before all your fighters are knocked out.

Star Tropics is rated E for Everyone-Mild Fantasy Violence and costs 500 Wii points, whilst The King of Fighters '94 is Rated T for Teen-Animated Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Alcohol & Tobacco Reference, Violence. All of which can be yours for 900 Wii Points.

JKKDARK
January 7th, 2008, 19:47
I wish we will see all the King of Fighters from the Neo Geo here at the Virtual Console, I'm sure they will sell successfully :)

Baboon
January 8th, 2008, 09:06
Kings of Fighters 94 was ok... I'm just looking forward to the time when (or if?) they release Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

...and if it doesn't make it to VC then i'll be happy for it to hit xbox live. :)