PDA

View Full Version : Help!! SNES roms not recognized by emulator

Cizzle
July 28th, 2005, 02:02
I downloaded many different snes emulators (snes9x, uosnes9x etc) from this site and others but when I go to load up a snes roms none of them are recognized. I can get to the screen where you have to find the roms, but from there they are no where to be found

I think they are in the right format (.smc) but am not sure why the emulator won't pick them up and recognize them
I have psp v 1.5.
Can someone help me out? Please and thanks

xuphorz
July 28th, 2005, 02:06
I downloaded many different snes emulators (snes9x, uosnes9x etc) from this site and others but when I go to load up a snes roms none of them are recognized. I can get to the screen where you have to find the roms, but from there they are no where to be found

I think they are in the right format (.smc) but am not sure why the emulator won't pick them up and recognize them
I have psp v 1.5.
Can someone help me out? Please and thanks

if your using uo, you can browse your psp for the files, highlight the .. at top of screen and push O

Cizzle
July 28th, 2005, 02:12
Yeah I know what your saying. Im in the folder that has the game right now but it still isn't there. Is there some converter you need? or will any snes rom work? (I have played these games on my pc so I know they work)

Is it possible someone could put a rom of a game that is tried and works for sure up so I can download it and try it?
Thanks

xuphorz
July 28th, 2005, 02:17
Yeah I know what your saying. Im in the folder that has the game right now but it still isn't there. Is there some converter you need? or will any snes rom work? (I have played these games on my pc so I know they work)

Is it possible someone could put a rom of a game that is tried and works for sure up so I can download it and try it?
Thanks

any snes roms work
no idea why psp isn't recognizing it
have you tried every folder on your psp? even one's you don't think they're in?
in case they copied wrong.

might also be bad rom images

Cizzle
July 28th, 2005, 02:24
Well I looked in every folder. And the one that actually has the roms in it is only showing

... and nothing else underneath it. And I know that the rom images are not all bad. I have about 30 roms on there right now and none of them is showing. And I know for sure that they are not all bad.

I have no idea whats going on

o0sambo0o81
July 28th, 2005, 02:35
try leaving them zipped, and put them in the a folder named ROMS. Also make sure they are in the folder without the "%"

Cizzle
July 28th, 2005, 03:04
Okay I FINALLY GOT THEM TO WORK

instead of putting the roms into the snes9x folder. i just put it in the psp/game/ folder and then when i started up the emulator it showed up.

Thanks for all the input everyone you guys are great!