PDA

View Full Version : How to upgrade from 3.10 OE to latest custom firmware?

abioqaas
January 8th, 2008, 17:15
Hi all. I've been gone from the scene for a long time. My phat PSP is currently flashed with 3.10 OE. How should I upgrade to the latest custom FW and what is the name and version of the latest custom FW?

Does the upgrade process go like this:

1. Downgrade 3.10 OE to 1.5 by using the recovery pack
2. Upgrade from 1.5 to whatever is the latest custom FW?

I'd also like to know which PMP player is the current best version? I used to use raphael's PMP player and convert vids with Xvid4PSP.

Ofcourse, I'd also like to know if there have been any breakthroughs in homebrew since I've been gone?

mike_jmg
January 8th, 2008, 17:23
nop
well you can go to 1.5 but it's too much hassle for me

it goes like this
---->3.52M33 ---->3.52M33 update 4 --->3.71M33 --->3.71M33 update 4 --->1.5kernel addon 2

you can only get to 3.71M33 from 3.52M33-4, and if you do go down to 1.50, to install 3.52M33 you'll need to use the kxploit patcher first

edit: breaktrhough, would you remember a umd cache option sony was going to add, now it's used as a fully compatible no-umd iso loader:p (sony 9660 prx)

oh, and pandora's battery (remember the special jigkick battery and memory stick), with this, any psp with any Firmware can be downgraded or updated to custom firmware (also unbricked)
Any lucky fella with a Homebrew enabled phat psp can create a pandora's battery and memory stick

edit2: Team M33 was DAX all the time

abioqaas
January 8th, 2008, 17:38
Thank you very much for your help. The upgrade path seems like it's a bit of work. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet though.