PDA

View Full Version : Popsish v1.1 - yet another popstation GUI

wraggster
January 8th, 2008, 19:11
News/release from sovereign

I didn't find any GUI working decently with both single- and multidisc PSX games, so I decided to make my own.

Requires .net Framework (3.5 i think, not sure though)

So it has the basic features of a GUI for popstation (duh):

- Click-friendly conversion from PSX to PSP games
- Somewhat beginner friendly (atleast I would've understood what was going on when I found out about popstation ^^)
- Error handling so your PBP's end up like they should
- Custom menu images

Please send all bug reports to sovereign|at|live|dot|se. All feedback is welcome, either in this thread or via email.

All credits for the converter executables goes to Dark-AleX!

Changelog:

- Added custom menu images
- Made it look cleaner and nicer to work with

v. 1.1 DOWNLOAD (http://rapidshare.com/files/82268950/popsish_v1_1.rar.html)

via sovereign (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-popsish-yet-another-popstation-gui-131942.html)

lampsta
January 8th, 2008, 20:41
Found it really simple to use! and with single and multi disc havnt found any like that! Thanks for the app! KEEP Up The Good Work!

dark heart
January 8th, 2008, 22:22
hey lets not forget about impalerpsx, i've got all 3 ff7 discs on my psp working because of impalerpsx.

jeegee
January 9th, 2008, 00:05
Does FFVIII (8) work with this or impalerpsx?

Veskgar
January 9th, 2008, 01:16
Cool app. I definitely want to check it out. The built in multi-disc PSX game support is great.

How about Chrono Cross? I've been itching to get that game started on my PSP for a long time now.

Oops
January 9th, 2008, 10:15
What about Boot.png ? Neither the original popstation nor Impaler's one allow to have a custom one.

Sharpy
January 9th, 2008, 16:29
nice pops converter :)

Veskgar
January 10th, 2008, 04:15
Just tried this and its pretty smooth. I would like to see custom warning screen image support as well as snd0.at3 plus icon1.pmf files.

rennervision
January 11th, 2008, 01:47
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyone know why I can't seem to get the image0.png I selected for my game icon to show?

No_one_in_particular
January 11th, 2008, 12:46
What would be the recommended % of compression for the PSX games?
As in I want to keep all the in-game movies and still want it looking good, but would like to shave off a few MBs...

Veskgar
January 12th, 2008, 09:32
I hope the author of this keeps working on it. Its the only GUI that let me successfully play Chrono Cross on my Slim PSP. But more features and customization options are needed.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyone know why I can't seem to get the image0.png I selected for my game icon to show?
I think its a bug. I just used this to create a multi-disc game and was really dissapointed that the icon0 didn't show up. Does anyone know a way to edit/add images on PSX EBOOTs without having to reconvert all over again?

What would be the recommended % of compression for the PSX games?
As in I want to keep all the in-game movies and still want it looking good, but would like to shave off a few MBs...
I always use the highest compression (9) and all seems fine. I just used this to convert Chrono Cross with level 9 and video playback in game is perfect.

No_one_in_particular
January 12th, 2008, 11:40
Thanks, good stuff.

JD/
January 12th, 2008, 15:16
Use PSP brew to get a new icon0.png it works but it takes a longg time to load psx eboots into pspbrew it's usually used for homebrew.

No_one_in_particular
January 12th, 2008, 17:29
Use PSP brew to get a new icon0.png it works but it takes a longg time to load psx eboots into pspbrew it's usually used for homebrew.

I would but every time I try to select the icon after browsing for it I get:

Run-time error '75':

Path/File access error

?