PDA

View Full Version : CES 2008: Sony Confirms In-Game XMB Sometime in ’08

DPyro
January 9th, 2008, 04:14
via The Game Reviews (http://ps3.thegamereviews.com/story-382-CES-2008-Sony-Confirms-InGame-XMB-Sometime-in-08.html)

Sony’s gaming division might have a small showing at this year’s CES, but that doesn’t keep Paul Purdy from dropping some big PS3 news: in-game Xross Media Bar (XMB) access is confirmed for 2008. When pressed for a specific time frame, the Sony rep simply relayed that Sony’s focus at CES is on hardware.

For those not aware, the PS3’s operating system is unavailable while in games. This prevents the use of custom soundtracks or messaging while a game is active, and since the Xbox 360 offers its users both while in-game, PS3 owners have been justifiably frustrated.

More information to come as it is released.

F9zDark
January 10th, 2008, 02:31
The one thing that I found disheartening about this is the fact that G4TV, Kotaku, Engadget, etc didn't pick up on this. G4TV was there at CES 08 and I'd have figured something of this magnitude would have made it to the site...

I hope its true though.

DPyro
January 10th, 2008, 02:54
I find G4 to be pretty anti-sony so I wouldn't expect them to pick up on small tips like this. The only time I'd want to watch G4 is for CES and E3 though.

Shrygue
January 10th, 2008, 17:34
It would be great to have the XMB in-game this year, I've been waiting ages for this to come along now.