PDA

View Full Version : Should Dark_AleX wait to release new CFW! Agree?

Nikolaos
January 9th, 2008, 06:20
The long awaited custom firmware 3.80 M33 is waited upon by many people, and the most excited feature on this new firmware is going to be the Radio. But now that a new firmware is due from Sony around the end of this month should DaX wait to release this new cfw and maybe possibly work on the new one to be released? This new firmware update will include Skype, and if any of you who don't know what Skype is, you can look here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype

Do you think he should release 3.80 M33? or should he wait and work on this new update coming out?

Personally, I think this next update is going to be big from Sony, and I think DaX should wait before he releases 3.80 M33, and work on this new firmware.

Cloudhunter
January 9th, 2008, 08:22
The long awaited custom firmware 3.80 M33 is waited upon by many people, and the most excited feature on this new firmware is going to be the Radio. But now that a new firmware is due from Sony around the end of this month should DaX wait to release this new cfw and maybe possibly work on the new one to be released? This new firmware update will include Skype, and if any of you who don't know what Skype is, you can look here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype

Do you think he should release 3.80 M33? or should he wait and work on this new update coming out?

Personally, I think this next update is going to be big from Sony, and I think DaX should wait before he releases 3.80 M33, and work on this new firmware.

I personally thing he should just release it whenever - he'll be able to get a new M33 version of the new firmware out pretty sharpish, even if he releases 3.80 M33.

Cloudy

ExcruciationX
January 9th, 2008, 12:01
Who cares? We have that tool from Fanjita now that works better then Skype, and that's the only new feature right?

YourStillWithMe
January 9th, 2008, 16:11
He should wait, end of story.

one winged angel
January 9th, 2008, 16:15
it doesnt really matter because a few days a go he was nearly finished so why shouldnt he release it when its ready

shorty_carnage
January 9th, 2008, 16:51
he should wait. I love cfw but I hate all the updates.

well thats my opinion

Boopop
January 9th, 2008, 17:03
It's simple isn't it? If it's ready already, release it now. If he finished it something like a day before the new firmware is released by sony, wait. Those who don't mind updating every five minutes can update as they please, and those who do mind, can wait themselves for the M33 version of the new sony firmware.

No_one_in_particular
January 9th, 2008, 17:07
I'd like him to release it, even if the new update's a big one at least we'll all have a new CF to get to grips with while we're waiting. Either way's good though, he's a utter legend for doing it in truth.

camcorderdoctor
January 9th, 2008, 17:21
I would have to agree - if he has done all the work on it and it's stable - he might as well release it. I'd use it for sure - as would everyone else. It just gives everyone more options to pick from instead of an older firmware. I will always use DAX's custom firms and I hope he releases this one. I could really care less about the whole skype thing - I just like being able to homebrew and POPS on my psp that's about it. Sure I will probably wind up playing around with skype when it becomes available but it wouldn't effect me if it never was released.

callsignAPOLLO
January 9th, 2008, 17:33
He should do whatever he/they want because he's f'in DaRkAlEx!

Can Skype be made to work on psp phat is my only question!??!!!! Any1 know if som1 is working on it?

http://i16.tinypic.com/8eqdjj8.jpg

BoBKiD
January 9th, 2008, 17:43
It's really up to DarkAlex and the team.

On a personal note, I don't really care about Skype, since it's something that only a very small percentage of the PSP-slim users will use. Besides, the majority of the PSP owners have a PSP-Phat, and Skype is not compatible with it.

Flaco_Guey
January 9th, 2008, 17:53

Can Skype be made to work on psp phat is my only question!??!!!! Any1 know if som1 is working on it?

No skype is for psp slim but fanjita is working on a great new app for the psp called furikup (i think thats the name) that is very similar to skype.

jeegee
January 9th, 2008, 17:57
Hope darkalex releases it. no point in phat owners waiting for an update with skype if we aint gonna be able to use it.... besides furikup is brilliant.

mike_jmg
January 9th, 2008, 18:00
I read on **********, that 3.80M33 is already done, that they're just testing.

But he can do whatever he wants, we are no one to tell him what to do. If he wants to release it is ok, If he wants to wait is ok too

As long as he give us something:p

porchemasi
January 9th, 2008, 18:10
duh, DAX has made a habbit of releasing his SRC, Sony can just as easily make afew changes based on 3.8 M33 and make it 10x harder for DAX to crack/make 4.0 M33 (or w/e the next version is)

i think we can all wait 30 more days!

DarthPaul
January 9th, 2008, 18:20
I think that's what he's doing, waiting. I think 3.80 M33 is done already, I remember Mathieulh saying that it was like 99.9% done like a week ago.

@callsignAPOLLO: Your signature is huge. :p

devdj
January 9th, 2008, 19:05
well i think DAX should release 3.80 m33 and allow the rest of the team or possibly various others like _HellDashX_ to bring out a new Custom Firmware with the skype feature

CaptainMorgan4
January 9th, 2008, 19:11
Options, I think options are one of the best things when it comes to user-friendly software and custom firmwares are no exception. I think he should release it just because if it's ready then it should be released because it's always better to have options of using this firmware or the new one that he will work on later.

gamefreak199101
January 9th, 2008, 19:23
he should release 3.80 and then when sony brings out the new update he should work on that and it also wont be hard becuase he found out how to get past the new thing sony added to make it harder to hack. And becuase if he scraps 3.80 it will mean he wasted his time. But i think he should release it around the time sony is ready for the new update which should be around the end of this month

bumfacekilla
January 9th, 2008, 19:26
As much as I would love a new cfw, I can wait. I can already play all my favourite Games and Homebrews quite comfortably. After all, the machine is first and foremost a games platform, whether that's UMD releases or Emulators and Homebrew.

Only Sony would benefit from a premature release of 3.80 m33 as it would provide them with all the necessary information to cover the holes in their official firmware.

Dark_Alex should, without question, wait until Sony make their official release.

I can wait, can't you?

Veskgar
January 9th, 2008, 20:50
The best thing I can say is that Dark_AleX & team have come to know SONY and its firmware updates very well. They are the best judges on whether or not 3.80M33 should be released before or after the next SONY update. They are aware of SONY's tactics to slow CFW and are pretty good at promptly discovering new ones. I say leave it up to the experts. We all must be thankful for the work and donate a little when we can.

It will be released WHEN it is ready. STOP asking for it. Nor ALEX or any members of the m33 teams owes you a thing. As the wisemen said : "You want it, you make it."

END OF STORY
That's what Mathieulh had to say about the situation in another forum today. So obviously its not yet ready to their specifications. If they are working so long and hard at making 3.80M33 "ready" then it will just make the long awaited release that more exciting. To know that it has been thoroughly tested.

Those who don't mind updating every five minutes can update as they please, and those who do mind, can wait themselves for the M33 version of the new sony firmware.
Its been a lot longer than 5 minutes since the last M33 release. And one of the reasons 3.80 M33 has been in development for so long is so that you won't have to update every other day to a bugfix release.

And becuase if he scraps 3.80 it will mean he wasted his time.
That isn't true. PSP firmwares build upon previous updates. Dark_AleX could probably adopt the new changes while maintaining the 3.80M33 changes.

Nikolaos
January 9th, 2008, 20:55
I think it can even be bad for him to release it so soon, since Sony changed the way things worked in 3.80 thus another attempt to prevent cfw.. Also, what is this issue about his source code? anyone care to explain?

Buddy4point0
January 9th, 2008, 20:59
he can release it whenever he wants.
im sure he'll make it perfect so yea.

Bobtentpeg
January 9th, 2008, 22:07
Its not up to you, me, or anyone else.

thts up to DA, if he wants to he will, if not he wont.

Just cause you get 12 other clods to agree with you doenst mean its gonna happen

Safari Al
January 9th, 2008, 22:12
Its all his decision not your's and it will remain this way. He releases what he releases when he wants to. END OF STORY

jetkey885
January 9th, 2008, 22:40
He should release CW 3.80 M33. We all could use the new CW update. Besides, Sony's new FW may take a bit of time to decrypt and may have differ security.

tanukikun
January 9th, 2008, 23:48
If the new update from $ony is right around the corner, just wait on the release of CFW 3.8 until the new $ony release comes out. It gives ppl a choice and also protects Dax's work from being circumvented by a last-minute patch in the new firmware.

Peace!

Veskgar
January 9th, 2008, 23:58
If the new update from $ony is right around the corner, just wait on the release of CFW 3.8 until the new $ony release comes out. It gives ppl a choice and also protects Dax's work from being circumvented by a last-minute patch in the new firmware.

Yeah, its funny, both SONY and Dark_AleX are finished or near finished with big firmware updates. SONY no doubt monitors the PSP homebrew scene, especially concerning firmware exploits and CFW so it would be funny to learn that they are both waiting for the other to release first.

If you think about it, it wouldn't take SONY too long to add last minute changes to their firmware before widespread distribution. So unless Dark_AleX is confident that there is nothing SONY could do to hamper future CFW work, I don't have a problem with him forcing SONY to release first.

Squid_Lord
January 10th, 2008, 01:46
I think it's safe to say that a majority of these forums are PSPhat owners. Therefore it shouldn't matter about the Skype release being it's only for the PSlimP. Unless he could put it on the Phat, which sounds highly unlikely

ED13
January 10th, 2008, 02:15
If the team feels like releasing 3.80 M33 then they will, if they don`t they don`t, simple as that.:D

VexnadFett
January 10th, 2008, 02:26
i would personally like it because i would like to try out remote play before sony updates the new one in a month which is not going to be very important to me because i have a fatt psp and it won't be of any importance to talk to the computer^^

thesandman
January 10th, 2008, 02:33
I personally want 3.80 more than the next update, mostly because I don't have a slim, and therefore wouldn't be able to use Skype, but do have a PS3, and want the remote play update that was released with it.

lampsta
January 10th, 2008, 02:47
I gotta phat sooo....... yea bring em out!:D

Cloudhunter
January 10th, 2008, 07:12
Who cares? We have that tool from Fanjita now that works better then Skype, and that's the only new feature right?

We don't know if it works better yet - we'll have to wait and see.

Cloudy

MicroNut
January 10th, 2008, 10:34
Another firmware version coming soon.
No more NID's to custom code after this.
If he releases it a few weeks before the "newest" then people will just want more and all the prior testing will be out the window...

I say release it when its done.
Or not.
Its DA's choice...

Where would we be without DAX and M33?

boo128
January 10th, 2008, 15:12
...I do have a PS3, and want the remote play update that was released with it.

If you are already running 3.71 M33, you just need to use the new psardumper to decrypt and extract the premo_plugin.rco (located in f0\vsh\resource) and premo_plugin.prx (located in f0\vsh\module) from the 3.73 OFW and swap them with the ones on the PSP

On a personal note, as much as I would like to see a new CFW, I want it to be released only when DAX / M33 consider it stable for the end user - plus if the nids issue gets resolved this will make life a lot easier from a coders perspective...:thumbup:

wiseguy109
January 10th, 2008, 17:26
I'd say wait because even if he does release it I'm just going to wait for the next one.

uranidiot
January 10th, 2008, 17:54
yea wait im still on cfw 3.52 m33-4 and i dont really n eed to update yet so if it benifites the homebew community i say wait.

thiagojpdemiranda
January 10th, 2008, 19:34
Well all I can say is, release if it's done. After that since he's the genius in codes, it'll be easy for him for the next step.

thiagojpdemiranda
January 10th, 2008, 19:43

It's said Skype will be working only in Slim PSP so far.

F9zDark
January 10th, 2008, 20:12
I believe he should release 3.80 M33 first, then release another CFW in the future. Why? Because what if he doesn't release 3.80 and gets to work on the next one, but finds that Sony royally screwed with the new firmware to prevent CFW.

Then he'll have X amount of months invested in a firmware that he didn't release because the new firmware, which will now require X more amount of months to reverse engineer.

Thats a worst case scenario. Best case scenario, Sony doesn't change anything with the firmware's workings and he can release a "patch" for 3.80 to the next firmware with little to no effort.

Besides, it seems that Sony changed something in 3.80 anyway (requiring a new decrypted/extractor), so chances are, we might need 3.80 CFW to upgrade to the next CFW...

Veskgar
January 11th, 2008, 03:20
Well, news is breaking that the latest word from Mathieulh himself says that 3.80 M33 will be released within 24 hours. On January 11th.

And its very interesting to learn that the future upgrade process of M33 custom firmware will be through network update. All will be cumulative so if you have not updated in a while, you won't have to go through several upgrade processes.

It certainly gives strong indication that Dark_AleX and team are planning to keep M33 development ongoing for quite some time.

I can't wait for this!

-=me=-
January 11th, 2008, 04:32
Well, news is breaking that the latest word from Mathieulh himself says that 3.80 M33 will be released within 24 hours. On January 11th.

And its very interesting to learn that the future upgrade process of M33 custom firmware will be through network update. All will be cumulative so if you have not updated in a while, you won't have to go through several upgrade processes.

It certainly gives strong indication that Dark_AleX and team are planning to keep M33 development ongoing for quite some time.

I can't wait for this!

Through the network update? that's pretty intense, i'm still on 3.03 oec, and too lazy to upgrade. if the upgrades become this easy in the future, i may just have to do that. Real good to know it's coming out soon, i think its the right desicion :)