PDA

View Full Version : Is DC Evolution closed?

ShoShoKid
January 9th, 2008, 08:12
I get an error page when I go there, has it been moved, or just permanently shut down?http://www.dcevolution.net/

OneThirty8
January 9th, 2008, 11:53
DC Evolution and DreamZone Boards

The status of DC Evolution and the DreamZone Boards is currently unknown. It appears as though there was some sort of problem renewing the hosting account and we are working on it.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please know that we are doing everything we can to resolve the issue.

It sounds like the hosting company screwed something up. I hope it gets resolved quickly. A lot of people put a lot of work into the images they host.

Maturion
January 12th, 2008, 22:08
Here:

Unfortunately, the DC Evolution Web site was attacked by a malicious hacker which caused Netfirms to suspend our hosting account.

Because we're not certain where the security hole exists, we have pulled down the entire DC Evolution Web site and are diligently working on redeveloping it from the ground up.

For the time being, this front page and the DreamZone forums are the only thing that will be accessible to the public. We will work as hard as possible to restore all of the DC Evolution content, and to improve the user experience on our site.

We have installed a private developer's beta copy of CAGCMS to use as the backbone of the Web site. Hopefully, once we clean up the server and get this content management system up and running, we will have a more secure, friendly and efficient Web site for all of our users.

We appreciate all of your patience and understanding and hope that we will be able to continue bringing you high quality compilations for your Dreamcast for years to come.

wraggster
January 12th, 2008, 22:13
its a pity that Martin coudnt host DCEvolution and the forums merge into the Dreamcast forums here (they could look different to dcemu forums) DCEvolution means so much to me :)

Christuserloeser
January 14th, 2008, 17:12
We're still alive ;)

Atm, we're in the process of cleaning up the servers and updating our site.

Until we're back, you can download our releases from our forums:

http://dreamzoneboards.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1200314757

wraggster
January 14th, 2008, 18:30
thank god, had me worried there

Christuserloeser
January 14th, 2008, 21:27
DCEvolution means so much to me :)

Thanks Wraggster. It's a great site of which I am proud to be part of. - You and LyonHrt founded DCEvo back in 2002, right ?