PDA

View Full Version : Rumorang: Goldeneye coming to Xbox Live Arcade

wraggster
January 9th, 2008, 17:17
Resting their cred on "very reliable sources" and evidence that they claim to have seen, Xbox Evolved is reporting that Nintendo 64 classic Goldeneye will be coming to the Xbox Live Arcade shortly before Activision (the current 007 IP holder) releases their new James Bond title. The news comes (according to the site) after an agreement between Microsoft, Rareware, MGM Studios and Activision. XE says the game will feature new graphics and online multiplayer, and that other Rare games may be in the pipeline like Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark.

OK, sounds great, but is it true? We have no evidence one way or the other, but we think it would at least make sense for all the parties. Microsoft gets more solid XBLA titles, Rare (which is owned by Microsoft) reminds people of the company's glory days and MGM gets more publicity for James Bond. As for Activision, well, we already know they're not above pimping out a license for cash. We'll keep you updated.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/09/rumorang-goldeneye-coming-xbox-live-arcade/

AtariFreek
January 9th, 2008, 21:48
YAAAAY! This is wonderful news! All of a sudden I can't wait for the next James Bond game OMG.

BrooksyX
January 10th, 2008, 01:54
I heard a rumor about this a few months ago. Goldeneye would be sweet on the 360, especially with live support. I really hope this is true.