PDA

View Full Version : Problems using Datel Tool Battery

tony9ball
January 10th, 2008, 16:16
I have OFW 3.71 on my phat PSP. I want to downgrade to CFW 1.50 and then upgrade to CFW 3.71 m33.
I think that is right anyway, I just want my PSP to be able to play homebrew
I have purchased a Datel Tool Battery and followed instructions to format and logically format my 512mb memory card.
It all seems to be working until I put the battery in PSP and the screen just stays black. I checked logically formatted card and it says that it contains pandora battery creator, Kxploit patcher, 3.52 CFW and also 2 corrupted files. I am wondering if the corrupted files are causing my problem.
I am new to this so if you can help can you please keep it simple to understand.
You can email if you like at [email protected]
Many thanks

caffeinekid
January 10th, 2008, 22:36
There are files needed on the magic memory stick that can only come from an already modded PSP (I believe) and that cannot be legally distributed online.

Datel fail to mention this about their battery. Luckily I was fortunate to have a friend who could help me set up my memory stick.

I hope you manage to get it sorted - but you will probably need the help of someone with a PSP that already has CFW installed.

hodgy47
January 11th, 2008, 00:55
tony9ball i have pm'd you and you can can create a memstick with your psp without homebrew capabilties running a program from your pc and just using the psp as a card read/writer.

BTW is your psp slim or fat version

tony9ball
January 11th, 2008, 12:25
Thanks for your help people. Its very frustrating and hopefully I can sort it soon. My PSP is fat version

tony9ball
January 11th, 2008, 12:26
Hey Caffeinekid, If you are right and these files cannot be posted online, is there any chance you or somebody else could email them to me so I can put them on memory card. Cheers!

53rdcard
January 16th, 2008, 13:44
I got the datel tool battery as well, and then used the following files and a easy to follow set of instructions that are down a little on the same page, all you need is the tool battery and a usb cable for the psp, and as long as you have a pro duo card it can fix you right up

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=22

dooronron
January 25th, 2008, 22:03
this is an all in 1 installer for pandora battery,

download this exe file and follow instructions on pc, but you will need a custom psp to use it....it installs everything needed onto your memory card and at the end asks if you want to create battery.....if you already have battery skip that step....

http://rapidshare.com/files/72328287/Pandora_s_Box_GUI.rar

Wally
January 28th, 2008, 06:15
Pandora's box is still illegal though but it will mod the PSP fine.