PDA

View Full Version : iPod Causes Hallucinations?

wraggster
July 28th, 2005, 23:44
A Welsh psychiatrist has claimed that some iPod users are experiencing what he calls "musical hallucinations".

Dr Victor Aziz said that the effect can occur when people spend many hours listening to the same songs. The hallucinations are characterised by a song " playing" constantly in the head, according to the psychiatrist, and the effect has caused sleeping problems for some of his patients.

"People find they can't sleep and can't think properly," he told the Evening Standard. "Having a song in your head every now and then is quite normal, but musical hallucinations can be quite distressing."

Christuserloeser
July 29th, 2005, 07:31
Already expierenced this a few days ago when I listened to a 6min SoR2 remix by Da Joker via my headphones all nite long while working on other things. When I took a break in the early morning and went to the market to get me some food I still had that song playing in my head. It sounded exactly like the real thing. Really disturbing!

Mental2k
August 8th, 2005, 22:46
yeah but at least it means you didnt have to recharge ur ipod;) how long did it take to shake the song? If its not too long i may try this, experimentally;)

ptr.exe
August 9th, 2005, 15:15
Yeah this has happened to me before, playing Chrono Trigger late at night with big headphones on, the music from 1million BC place, i couldnt stop 'thinking' it in my head, it was like having a song stuck in your head but it sounded like it was actually playing. Damn repetative SNES music.