PDA

View Full Version : Best PSP (Commercial) Game So Far?

wraggster
July 29th, 2005, 02:39
Its a quiet time of night (infact its 2:30am for me) and so i was wondering whats the best PSP game you have played so far, is it Ridge Racers, Tiger Woods Golf or Fifa or indeed the mass of games that have been released.

Leave a note in the comments about your fave game for the PSP and if so why is it your favourite.

I have 15 PSP Games (all legit too) and i must say that World Tour Soccer is my fave out of all of them.

Whats yours ?

parabolee
July 29th, 2005, 02:42
World Tour Soccer eh? I might have to get a copy of that.

My personaly fave would be Hot Shots Golf followed by Metal Gear Ac!d and Lumines.

geise69
July 29th, 2005, 02:52
Mine is hands down Ridge Racer. I've been a long time fan since the I played it for the first time in the arcade. It was another reason I wanted a PSX besides Philosoma. When I saw a video of Ridge Racers for PSP in action I said to myself "HOLY $H!* YES!...Sold!" I do wish there were a couple more music tracks from the first ridge racer game. Those were my favorite. Lumines was a hard decision to put behind Ridge Racers, but I can just play RR for hours on end. Hmmm...payday is soon so I'll have to pick up World Tour Soccer.

Terial
July 29th, 2005, 03:31
Ridge Racer. I have never bought a real racing game in my life, and the only other semi-racers i have, are Sonic R (better than Ridge Racers ;) ) and Mario Kart Double Dash. I've never liked racers before, but Ridge Racer really is an amazing game, and has a perfect difficulty level. I've always had problems getting far in racers, but Ridge Racer really had a PERFECT learning curve for me.

then again, I only own Ridge Racer and Metal Gear Ac!d. and Ac!d has those HORRIBLE power plant levels that take forever.... it really turned me off from the game because I beat the first level and tried the second, then went and played Ridge Racer for about a week... went back to Ac!d and my save file was mysteriously at the beging of the first power plant level... I havent played it since.

DDRLord
July 29th, 2005, 03:37
I'm with parabolee.
Hot Shots Golf is incredibly fun, though it takes some time to not suck. The first day I got it I couldn't even manage to get one course on par. My usual score was +7/8. But now I can't stop, and I'm actually whoopin' AI ass. (It's those tricky putting greens that got me.)
Second is a tie between Lumines (fun but gets old pretty fast) and Metal Gear Acid (fun only if you have the time.) Hell, if I could I'd put the two on the same disc and just pick the best choice based on how much play time I'm estimating.

CallMeSuesin
July 29th, 2005, 03:48
Yeah, I love Minna no Golf I've completely beaten it many times over but it's still fun to go back and improve my average scores.
Though I herd that Coded Arms is really good, anyone know about that?

Xarius
July 29th, 2005, 04:12
<- Lumines addict

Cross
July 29th, 2005, 04:51
I like Coded Arms so far, Untold Legends was fun, Ridger Racer to, Underground was too... hmm I think Underground and Coded are my current favs but I am waiting for Ghost in the Shell and Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 personally.

AKB
July 29th, 2005, 05:02
mine is coded arms, for i just love FPS's, tho the game play sometimes is the same, but i love how it has much more wepons then other games i played.

AKB
July 29th, 2005, 05:13
oh ya dead of rights was the worst i think, for it was like max pyne but the slow-mo leap jump over and over the whole game!

A_Rival
July 29th, 2005, 05:14
Wipeout Pure.

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 05:21
i like tony hawks underground because it has the same style/controls as all the other tony hawk games, its like an exact port, unlike other games that suck because the creators decided to change evrything for the psp *cough* metal gear *cough* ...

i havent ever played ridge racers, im kinda low on cash... but i own 3 games, and my friends own some games, and ive played those, from wha ti know most psp games stink right now... hopefully it'll stay that way until next year when i can afford a version 3.0 psp (the future)

(but you can send me some at my paypal account, [email protected])

edit- i own wipe-out, because of the rumour it was the key to ALL hacks...

its way to slow, if they took that game and made it 4 times faster, it would ROCK

AKB
July 29th, 2005, 05:28
i own 7 games the worst is dead of rights best is coded arms, and second best is tony hawk, and second worst is metal gear ac!d

Curtis'Dad
July 29th, 2005, 05:28
Well, here it is... first time replying to a thread I'm a race geek and would have to say Ridge racer is my favorite. My 11 year old son got me hooked on the 1st racing game I've ever played and that was burnout. I'm 41 and feel like a beatnik! Oh well, I guess everyone is intitled to atleast one vice heh?

kaoss-b
July 29th, 2005, 05:38
My favorite one is Ridge Racers, Lumines is excellent too, but I have to say I prefer racing games... I'm waiting GTA4Mobile and GTA

Smiths
July 29th, 2005, 05:40
Honestly I take my PSP on the trains and whatnot without any UMDs anymore. It's all homebrew on my stick at this point.

I layed Lumines for a while until I finished the puzzle mode 100%, and it lost all interest for me. The skins thing was "neat" but some of them should have been labeled "unusable" and turned me off.

Wipeout is always a nice little play, but currently there is nothing out now nor coming in the future that remotely makes me care about upgrading my 1.0 to 1.5+ to be able to play games.

Burnout may be an exception, seeing as how the XBox version remains one of my favorite games.

consoul
July 29th, 2005, 05:49
WipEout Pure.
Was already my #1 before the downloadable extras, with each new pack it just gets better and better.

shadowprophet
July 29th, 2005, 05:51
It would esily have to be metal gear acid no contest.
Even tho ive lost my faith in comercial psp games. When metal gear acid 2 comes out im haveing it.

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 06:05
dude, you must not like the original metal gears, eh? (shadowprophet)

BlingShyne2 TAA
July 29th, 2005, 06:13
Wow, very little love for Wipeout Pure, Pre-ordered this game, before the PSP came out. As soon as I heard of it I almost dropped a biscuit in my pants.

Wipeout XL was one of my favorite games, and then this comes out and rocks.

One of the best things about Wipeout is the soundtrack, some of the best music is on here, I even downloaded the official soundtrack, but it's not the same without playing the game.

Can't wait for one of the Music Packs that is supposed to be realeased.

Seriously, I give fair reveiws, and I would definetely give Wipeout:Pure a perfect 10.

shadowprophet
July 29th, 2005, 06:18
dude, you must not like the original metal gears, eh? (shadowprophet)
Think about it. Metal Gear meets final fantasy tactics.To a metal gear/ Rpg fan its a dream come true. metal gear anything is gold bro :D

Sept for metal gear solid 2. They really droped the ball with the story in that one:rolleyes:

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 06:24
hey, i liked metal gear solid 2!!! it was my fav. until MGS3, i LOVE metal gear :D however i dont like card battle.....

metal gear, and metal slug!!! OWN!!!!!

shadowprophet
July 29th, 2005, 06:27
Ive never played metal slug. Is it any good? :confused:

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 06:47
its AWSOME (totally unlike metal gear thoagh, unless you count the blood.. and metal...)

although on the new neo geo emu it makes the blood blue....

edit- hm, they should make metal slug for psp.... and i want to play metal gear solid 1 on my psp.... because i aint touching metal gear acid ( :D unless i get it on ebay fo 10$)

AKB
July 29th, 2005, 06:56
Ive never played metal slug. Is it any good?

metal slug is the arcade game metal gear is not.

shadowprophet
July 29th, 2005, 07:10
lol i guess i have played metal slug then :P

slayer2psp
July 29th, 2005, 07:10
i like midnight club 3 the best so far despite the long load times. i also like bleach and world tour soccer a lot. tenchu isnt half bad either just real bad camera control but still fun

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 07:40
i like midnight club 3 the best so far despite the long load times. i also like bleach and world tour soccer a lot. tenchu isnt half bad either just real bad camera control but still fun

i havent played it yet, did you take that pic of hotcoffee yourself??? :confused:

LukeCool
July 29th, 2005, 12:19
<------ Lumines addict.... I hope they come out with a pill for this. Now every time I hear anything close to a syncopated beat I start drooling and clapping my hands.

Amiga
July 29th, 2005, 13:51
Lumines!!

i love it :D

also mercury coz its annouying lol :D

Plude220
July 29th, 2005, 14:04
RENGOKU!!!!!! wait no not really ummmmm Tony hawk looks and plays the best so far and has the best sound track.

rmedtx
July 29th, 2005, 15:15
Lumines is the best out there I think. It's really fun to play.

roswell108
July 29th, 2005, 15:22
I'd have to go with Bleach. I am not a big fan of the 2d anime games, but this one just fits. It has smooth motion and cool breaks between enemies. If we aren't counting imports than it is MC3. It may have the slowest load times invented, but Midnight Club is still the original illegal street racer.

Clifford_Ball
July 29th, 2005, 16:45
Hot Shots Golf is by far my favorite. Before the PSP came out I was a die-hard Tiger Woods PGA Tour fan but Tiger for PSP just plain sucked. I also had fun with Mercury for a few weeks but I'm stuck with about 5 stages to go and I cant figure it out. Luckily HSG came to my rescue. I own 11 games and those 2 are my favorites. Ridge Racer would be 3rd on my list. Worst would be Ape Escape and Metal Gear Acid with Untold Legends and Tiger Woods tied for 3rd worst. Just my opinion though :)

slayer2psp
July 29th, 2005, 16:51
i havent played it yet, did you take that pic of hotcoffee yourself??? :confused: the hot coffee pic is from ign but i do have it on my pc with the the nude mod pretty funny stuff gta rules cant wait for the psp one. wipeout and tony hawk are both real good games for the psp

Cross
July 29th, 2005, 17:08
I still pref Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero Over Midnight Club, 1 was well.... not al that wonderful and I stopped there.

Tokyo Xtreme is def a game I would enjoy on my PSP.

marc.williams
July 29th, 2005, 17:12
Lumines & Mercury will be top titles to remember.

Obviously Ridge Racers is very good. I am very impressed by MLB Baseball, which is probably the most underrated of all titles so far.

parabolee
July 29th, 2005, 20:53
I'm suprised to see Coded Arms getting any love. I thought that was appaling. The controls settings were good and it was good to see a FPS running with sweet graphics on PSP, but the movment was so slugish, you move WAYYYYY too slow, every time I played it to try and get into it I would turn it off after 15 minuted and put DOOM on instead, same controls setup but hundreds of times more fun. Also the level designs in CA were far too boring.

Tony Hawks is a great game on PSP too, the draw distance is amazing, it breaks my heart to see the draw distance in Tenchu after playing that game.

AKB
July 29th, 2005, 23:07
lumuis was so lame? how do people like that, must be there thing heh. well i think it was the worst game ever!

LukeCool
July 30th, 2005, 01:19
The first game I bought for my psp was Mercury, which I hated, I mean... Why would you want to spend hour after thumb cramping hour slowly tilting a blob around and making it change various colors and do various crap that you have no clue about. I sold the game 4 days after I bought it because it sucked that much.

Then I bought Lumines, and that is what I call fun. I also have Wipeout Pure which I love also, I am a die-hard F-Zero fan and this racing game reminds me of it a lot.

ArugulaZ
July 30th, 2005, 08:16
I loves me some Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix. It's the best, yet the most underappreciated, PSP game around. I guess everyone else is tired of the series but I'm still a grade A certified Hawk-o-maniac.

Other great titles include Ridge Racer, WipeOut Pure, and, of course, Lumines. I really ought to pop in some of those games and play them... with all the emulators available for the system, I've completely forgotten why Sony designed it in the first place!

JR

AKB
July 30th, 2005, 09:11
mine is just coded arms for the first fps for psp

SoQb0nc5r
July 30th, 2005, 12:13
need for speed was OK, but there is no variety of games yet, and none grab me attention.... waiting for gta, etc :)

Mourningstar
July 30th, 2005, 23:47
Well, I have to say Untold Legends...because its the only game Ive got...but i plan to get Coded Arms as soon as I can...

v_toe
August 1st, 2005, 22:10
cant believe no one has metioned darkstalkers it is an absolut fab game with great sound and animation (cant wait for gta liberty stories and ff7 advent children!)