PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur IV's secret characters: Darth Vader and Yoda

wraggster
January 10th, 2008, 21:11
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/01/sc4-darth-yoda.jpg

Is it April already? A quick glance at our calendars confirms that it's still January, and an extended glance at 1UP's reveal of Soul Calibur IV's secret characters does nothing to evaporate the reigning feeling of utter confusion. The lineup of saucer-eyed assassins, scantily clad combatants and bizarre pain fetishists in Namco's anticipated fighter is set to be joined by the Sith's darkest lord and the Force's most diminutive master. Our little green friend can almost manage to fit in to Soul Calibur's ye olde fantasy trappings, but poor ol' Vader appears to have gotten lost and disoriented after leaping over some sharks on his space jet ski.

Even better news can be found in 1UP's suspicion that even more Star Wars characters will waltz into Calibur's cantina, possibly via downloadable content. An interesting idea, but we reckon you'd save money by simply buying a copy of Masters of Teräs Käsi off eBay.

Update: Gamespot reports that Darth Vader is reserved for the PlayStation 3, while Yoda will be included in the Xbox 360 version.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/09/soul-calibur-ivs-secret-characters-darth-vader-and-yoda/

Why not both in same version the miserable basts

Napalm-Death
January 10th, 2008, 21:53
For some reason, this really annoys me. Out of all characters to make special appearances, it had to be Star Wars characters? I wonder why Dante isn't showing up here, since he was originally scheduled to be in SC3.

JKKDARK
January 10th, 2008, 22:12
What are these characters doing on Soul Calibur? They are ruining the serie :(

Napalm-Death
January 10th, 2008, 22:32
JKK, I agree with you. @_@

F9zDark
January 10th, 2008, 23:33
Hah for once I agree with JKKDark, nothing seems more dubious than being hit with a light saber and living to tell about it...

Ultima Chocochu
January 11th, 2008, 02:09
I agree with Jkk, and Napalm_Death...Which I don't see why I didn't notice your name Napalm, reminds me of a Grindcore band...Sorry off topic, but
I think it is kind of retarded, I mean
Getting new light sabers won't be fun either, you just get either different colors or the two-sided one...Course I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars anyways, but it doesn't need to be in the game.
>.<

Mister Klownes
January 12th, 2008, 01:07
I just saw the trailer...it makes me very sad ._.

Shadowblind
January 12th, 2008, 01:17
If anyone deserves to be there, its Kratos.

KRATOS FOR SOUL CALIBER!

Lycan_Ste
January 15th, 2008, 15:59
I would prefer yoda to darth vader, i would also prefer darth maul instead.

Where is solid snake? oh wait his on the wii.