PDA

View Full Version : sd-boot v0.3 released

wraggster
January 10th, 2008, 21:47
via tehskeen (http://www.tehskeen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=6072)

Emu_Kidid has released a new version of his sd-boot homebrew application. Using this application along with an SD->GC adapter you can boot .GCM files from your SD card using either your Nintendo GameCube or Nintendo Wii.

What's New?

* Compatibility Increased greatly (possibly a slight loss of stability though)
* Recoded the SD card reads (patch codes)
* Fixed file browser
* Fixed the issue of sector finding
* Fixed build process

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

AuroEdge
January 11th, 2008, 05:05
I believe I've read a post by softdev somewhere that criticizes how sloppily SD-Boot handles the FAT file system.

jjgames
January 11th, 2008, 05:28
Yes, SD boot is not a very easy or incredibly reliable way to do things on the cube but it still works great if you need it.

hockey2112
January 11th, 2008, 21:34
Yes, SD boot is not a very easy or incredibly reliable way to do things on the cube but it still works great if you need it.

What is a reliable way of running homebrew, etc on a Gamecube? I'm thinking about picking up a used one sometime soon.

AuroEdge
January 12th, 2008, 09:21
What is a reliable way of running homebrew, etc on a Gamecube? I'm thinking about picking up a used one sometime soon.

There's 3 methods that I know of. There's the PSO and BBA method, SD Media Loader disc, and the modchip solution.

hockey2112
January 12th, 2008, 10:20
There's 3 methods that I know of. There's the PSO and BBA method, SD Media Loader disc, and the modchip solution.

Where can one get the SD Media loader disc in the US?

ED13
January 22nd, 2008, 00:52
just wondering, do you need 2 SD Media Loader cards to make this work? or can you make it run of just one?

Hating4AM
February 7th, 2009, 05:09
I have SD Media Launcher and this app works great. My question now is how can I use Action Replay codes for games I'm booting off the SD card via SD-Boot?

newbie420
May 3rd, 2009, 23:49
can i use this instead of sdload with action replay because when i try to use sdpatch.exe it dosent work i think because i have vista

nicoupstream
February 5th, 2011, 06:53
ok good thanks

akuma1983
October 1st, 2014, 00:10
Thankss mannn

princecharming
November 27th, 2014, 06:25
Media Launcher and this app works great. My question now is how can I use Action Replay codes for games I'm booting off the SD card via SD-Boot?

Tenners
February 1st, 2017, 13:12
Nice1