PDA

View Full Version : CES2008: Gates Praises Xbox 360 Reliability

wraggster
January 10th, 2008, 21:59
Soon to be sort of retired Microsoft chief Bill Gates has called Xbox 360 the most reliable console on the market.
His comments were made at CES to the BBC, which fired reader concerns at him - a remarkable amount apparently concerning Xbox failure rate.

"Well we certainly had to apologise to our users about the number of boxes that had to be replaced. We did that for free, for all those people, and we got a lot of positive feedback about the way we handled it," said Gates.
"We've got incredible reliability on the new work that we've done. Our commitment is that it will be the most reliable videogame box out there. People love the Xbox because of the content, but we've got to make sure the hardware never stands in the way of that."

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=90439

DPyro
January 10th, 2008, 23:10
Thats such a joke. It's like saying Windows 98 is the most reliable operating system.

Shadowblind
January 11th, 2008, 00:16
go 360! Ever since they put in the new cooling system, I haven't heard eye or ear of the RRD! Wh00t! :D

ryan2006
January 11th, 2008, 00:55
pfff my 10year ps1 that i spilt a glass of milk on like 8 years ago works perfect my 360 is shit my disc drive only opens on good days lol