PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Smashed: Microsoft Is NOT Considering Blu-ray Support

wraggster
January 10th, 2008, 22:03
Let us count the ways Albert Pennello, marketing manager for Xbox hardware, told us in a sitdown that the [Reuters] story was wrong, and when HD DVD really is buried in Microsoft's mind.

1. The "headline misconstrued the context of what I said."
2. Microsoft is "not thinking about it."
3. It is "fairly definitive" Microsoft is not doing it.
4. Microsoft has "no plans" to build anything Blu-ray.
5. Microsoft is "totally committed to HD DVD."

So just when is HD DVD dead in Microsoft's eyes? It's "over when Toshiba says they're not doing HD DVD anymore."

http://gizmodo.com/343006/rumor-smashed-microsoft-is-not-considering-blu+ray-support

DPyro
January 10th, 2008, 23:08
It's over when no one's buying their HD-DVD add-on. As if Microsoft would continue to produce a product no one wants. I'm betting we'll see a Blu-ray add-on by November at least (just in time for Christmas no?).

JKKDARK
January 10th, 2008, 23:13
It is one of the most retarded rumors I have ever heard.

Cloudhunter
January 10th, 2008, 23:40
It is one of the most retarded rumors I have ever heard.

We all know you are a anti-ps3/bluray fanboy anyway, so no wonder it's retarded in your eyes.

In fact, Microsoft said ages ago that if they need to they'll support blu-ray - not just lately.

Cloudy

JKKDARK
January 11th, 2008, 00:07
We all know you are a anti-ps3/bluray fanboy anyway, so no wonder it's retarded in your eyes.

In fact, Microsoft said ages ago that if they need to they'll support blu-ray - not just lately.

Cloudy

yeah and Nintendo will make games for PlayStation 3 right? ;)

mcdougall57
January 11th, 2008, 01:22
gutted if it changes and you bought one of these things

Shadowblind
January 11th, 2008, 03:11

Cloudy

Thank goodness they don't need to. I do appreciate the fact that if Blu-Ray were to be failing, MS would help it back up, but I'd lose all respect for them if they did.