PDA

View Full Version : 10 Steps to Perfect PS3 Firmware

wraggster
January 10th, 2008, 22:04
Just in case you haven't twigged yet, PlayStation 3 is a constantly evolving console. Sony's Cross Media Bar (XMB) dashboard is fast, easy to use, packed with features and looks cool as cucumber, as our parents might say. Still, it's far from perfect or complete.

Playing catch-up in the online arena is what gets most people talking though and in-game friends lists and messaging are easily the most commonly requested features. But there are numerous other issues Sony could work on for the XMB. Here are our top ten improvements we hope to see made into reality at some point this year.

* In-game friend list access
* Online Game Invites
* Multiple sound outputs
* iPod recognition
* An official video converter
* Auto demo installing
* Animated/interactive themes
* In-game PS1/PS2 memory card creation
* Dashboard clock
* Menu screen explanations

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178963

lmtlmt
January 11th, 2008, 02:37
* In-game PS1/PS2 memory card creation

thats stupid

* iPod recognition
and the ps3 already recognises ipods

* Menu screen explanations

i dont even understand that bit

mike03$$$
January 11th, 2008, 03:38
when ge said ipod recognising he meant like how itunes picks up the songs instead of going F0 F1 etc

DPyro
January 11th, 2008, 04:52
when ge said ipod recognising he meant like how itunes picks up the songs instead of going F0 F1 etc

Ya I noticed that when my brother was trying to copy music from his ipod. He had to manually copy the stuff by going through the separate folders.

lmtlmt
January 11th, 2008, 06:27
i know what he meant but that statement is false he should have said better ipod recognition because the ps3 does recognize it as an ipod.

avtools
January 11th, 2008, 11:21
Features I would like to see:
- Dashboard gadgets (Clock, Calendar, Weather, News, Internet Radio, CPU temperature, etc.)
- Scene finder like the one on PSP when you watch MP4 movies
- Improved support for older DivX/Xvid codecs
- Ability to stream PS2 and PS3 games to PSP, like it currently does with PSOne titles
- Ability to zoom on PSN Store
- Trash Bin (ability to recover deleted files/demos)

Triv1um
January 11th, 2008, 11:39
AVI Support.

As for the Ipod recignition, i have Rockbox in disk mode so I can play music off it.

DPyro
January 11th, 2008, 16:10
Features I would like to see:
- Dashboard gadgets (Clock, Calendar, Weather, News, Internet Radio, CPU temperature, etc.)
- Scene finder like the one on PSP when you watch MP4 movies
- Improved support for older DivX/Xvid codecs
- Ability to stream PS2 and PS3 games to PSP, like it currently does with PSOne titles
- Ability to zoom on PSN Store
- Trash Bin (ability to recover deleted files/demos)

Dude this isn't windows. That would also waste a lot of hard drive space as the trash can in windows doesn't actually 'delete' it.

lmtlmt
January 12th, 2008, 02:50
AVI Support.

As for the Ipod recignition, i have Rockbox in disk mode so I can play music off it.

My ps3 plays AVI files......

mike03$$$
January 12th, 2008, 17:39
i would like to see calendar, clock, system temperature psn compatibility for ps1 and ps2 games (cause people cant see what your playing when you play old playstation games and you get signed off when playing them)

Eviltaco64
January 12th, 2008, 18:59
5 steps to perfect PS3 firmware.

Xbox Emulator
Gamecube Emulator
Wii Emulator
Dreamcast Emulator
Saturn Emulator :p