View Full Version : PSPDragon : A Dragon / Tandy Coco Emulator for PSP v1.0.1

zx-81
January 10th, 2008, 22:39
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspdragon-snap-v101.jpg

Hi All,

Xroar is the best emulator of Dragon32/64 and Tandy Coco home computer running on many systems such as Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, GP32 and Windows32.
See http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml for further informations.

PSPDragon is a port on PSP of the version 0.19 of Xroar.

Special thanks to Danzel and Jeff Chen for their virtual keyboard, Ciaran Anscomb for this great emulator, Raven's for eboot icons and to all PSPSDK developpers.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public licence,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

You can download it on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

PsychoSync
January 10th, 2008, 23:34
Thank you ZX for another great emu!

turnerl
January 11th, 2008, 04:29
I've died and gone to heavan!!!!!

phineast
January 13th, 2008, 18:38
Hi ZX...

Awesome job. The Coco was the first computer I bought and programmed for when I was a kid.

One of the things I noticed it doesn't support is the anti-aliasing that allowed the 256x192 games to appear in color and not black and white. Is there a feature set to turn that on, or does it have to be added?

PhineasT

turnerl
January 13th, 2008, 21:10
I was wondering where the red bits were when I was playing dungeons of daggorath LOL!

zx-81
January 13th, 2008, 22:16
Hi ZX...

Awesome job. The Coco was the first computer I bought and programmed for when I was a kid.

One of the things I noticed it doesn't support is the anti-aliasing that allowed the 256x192 games to appear in color and not black and white. Is there a feature set to turn that on, or does it have to be added?

PhineasT

i really don't know, but if it is possible using xroar, then it should be possible with this port.

quietertime
January 15th, 2008, 11:41
Hi guys...

this is a amazing port, thank you for all the effort that went into it....

My first computer was a dragon32 and I'm going to have lots of fun playing with this emulator !!

I'm having problem loading games from tape images, I have placed the tape image files, *.cas, into the tape dir and am able to select these from the menu...

select to load menu -> Load Tape -> select image file -> press X/O -> Flie loaded message -> Dragon emu starts -> enter CLOADM -> press triange -> get blank screen with S in top left... normal dragon loading screen

this unfortunately is all that happens, the tape image never loads and the emulator just sits waiting for the tape to load...

nothing is found and there are no errors... its as though there is nothing on the tape or that the tape is not playing...

i have tested the .cas files on a different Dragon emulator and they work fine...

am i missing something or is there a problem ... is there a option of depressing the play button, how do you set the tape to start playing ??

Cheers
A

zx-81
January 15th, 2008, 12:09
nothing is found and there are no errors... its as though there is nothing on the tape or that the tape is not playing...

i have tested the .cas files on a different Dragon emulator and they work fine...

This emulator port is still in early stage, and tape image files don't seem to work. You can still use cartridge, disk file or load your tape file using original xroar emu, save state, and load it back in this emulator.

robocelot
January 16th, 2008, 04:44
Hi ZX...

PhineasT

Wow. I never thought I'd be talking about Coco PMODE4 red/blue artefacting 25 years after the fact. :thumbup:

Since this is primarily a PAL Dragon emulator that happens to run Coco stuff I don't think artefacting is implemented -- it was an NTSC-only quirk so only Coco 1&2 and the TDP100 could pull it off.

zx-81
January 16th, 2008, 07:33
thanks, that's good to know.

robocelot
January 18th, 2008, 05:53
thanks, that's good to know.

I checked the Xroar site and it appears that the emulator does support artefacting. (and apprently it works in the GP32/2x version)

There also appears to be a command line flag to force the emulator to run in PAL or NTSC.

The default machine for PSPDragon is 'coco', which is a UK PAL machine. Changing it to 'cocous' (NTSC) doesn't turn artefacting on but I think that might be because the -PAL command line flag is being forced.

Is there any quick way of adding a command line switch when PSPDragon starts up to test this?

zx-81
January 18th, 2008, 07:54
This version is in early stage, i plan to add several new settings such as PAL/NTSC, artefacting, real tape support etc ..