PDA

View Full Version : New Super Stardust HD Features on the Way

DPyro
January 10th, 2008, 23:44
via PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/01/10/new-super-stardust-hd-features-on-the-way/)

You may have read about some interesting enhancements to European versions of Super Stardust HD on various game sites. Today, the new and improved version of SSHD hits North America.

The ability to build custom soundtracks is perhaps the most noticable new feature. Now you can blast away to whatever music you’ve got stored on your PLAYSTATION 3 hard disk drive.

The scoreboard has also gotten a facelift, and now tracks stats such as how long the hi-score session took, and highest difficulty level reached with this score.

Best of all, these new enhancements won’t cost you a dime. If you’ve already got SSHD on your PS3, you’ll be prompted to download a patch to integrate these new features. If you haven’t already tried the game out, this is the time! PS3 owners can download the new demo from the PLAYSTATION Store free of charge this Thursday and then purchase the full version from right within the game.

Napalm-Death
January 11th, 2008, 01:05
Thanks for the news, I'm gonna patch mine now.

Accordion
January 11th, 2008, 01:12
Maybe i should have posted this earlier, but if you had re-downloaded the game from your download list month ago you would have gotten the the updated version. it is a smaller file as well.

I assumed people knew…*i must of had it since the first week of December, because that is when my DualShock 3 arrived and i was using that with rumble in SSHD.

Napalm-Death
January 11th, 2008, 01:17
Hm, I did redownload it last month, but I had gotten it from someone else, and I don't see any of the features listed in the first post. To be exact, I redownloaded it on the 30th because that was the day that I had upgraded my HDD...

Accordion
January 11th, 2008, 01:24
hmm, all i know is that i definitely re-downloaded it from my history in the first week of December because i thought it had been updated with rumble, i then noticed the file size was a lot smaller so i downloaded it and was presented with all the features mentioned. This definitely happened before the demo+update appeared on the UK store.

Its possible the update is new to the US, but somehow i managed to download it before it appeared in the UK also.

Napalm-Death
January 11th, 2008, 01:27
I'm currently downloading the "Demo + Upgrade", so when it's done, I'll post my results.

Napalm-Death
January 11th, 2008, 02:13
It works. :D