PDA

View Full Version : 3.80M33 Firmware Better Than Official

wraggster
January 11th, 2008, 14:54
Dark Alex is in the matter of hours to unleash a beast of a new custom firmware for the PSP with the ability to play your own backed up games, full speed Playstation games and the hundreds of Emulators Games and Applications.

Not only will this release allow you to have full homebrew capabilities but also to update to it without the need to find other files and the whole messing around that all that entails.

In short this is the greates release ever, we wait with baited breath at what is to come :)

Your thoughts on the new features and that you can update like you would an official FIRMWARE.

Digg this news (http://digg.com/playstation/3_80M33_Firmware_Better_Than_Official) and let the Gaming World know that Homebrew has taken over :)

http://digg.com/playstation/3_80M33_Firmware_Better_Than_Official

Triv1um
January 11th, 2008, 14:57
Woah, i put that update idea in the ideas thread?

Cant wait, going to be awesome.

No_one_in_particular
January 11th, 2008, 15:00
Great feature that, I'm glad it's been added.

JasonSantucci
January 11th, 2008, 15:01
The fact you can update via wi-fi is a great idea. As for the other stuff, does that mean it no longer requires a 1.50 kernel?

PSPCulture
January 11th, 2008, 15:05
getting a bit ahead of yourself there, aren't you? Its not even released yet.

tutting
January 11th, 2008, 15:34
I like the update idea, i'm also looking forward to game sharing with my PS3, as it appears to be possible under 3.80

Psphreak
January 11th, 2008, 15:45
way cool

jurkevicz
January 11th, 2008, 15:50
I can't wait. Great job DAX!

-Xandu-
January 11th, 2008, 15:51
Charging my PSP right away!

..hundreds of Emulators Games and Applications.
*hopes for full speed DAX N64 emu* :p.

Tithe AD
January 11th, 2008, 16:02
What a week,1st i managed to get my psx doom and final doom working(and they fart over any doom ports)The Orange box theme!And now this the icing on the cake:P
Sweeeeet!!:D

Seker
January 11th, 2008, 16:27
lol another thread for 3.80 m33 -_-"

ab_geee_eee
January 11th, 2008, 16:29
Awesome, can't wait :D :)

drock82
January 11th, 2008, 16:32
what type of features are in? whats the biggest feature besides homebrew-and b4i update i wanna make sure my universal popsloader will work

acn010
January 11th, 2008, 16:34
and thats why im back lol

Sektor
January 11th, 2008, 16:56
Not only will this release allow you to have full homebrew capabilities but also to update to it without the need to find other files and the whole messing around that all that entails.

Surely it will need some other files, like the 3.80 eboot and a lot of messing around could be required to update to it depending on what firmware you currently have (especially if you already have 3.80 official firmware installed and don't have a Pandora battery).

Apparently it will have a wi-fi update feature to make it easier to update from 3.80 M33 to future custom firmware versions, that should make things easier for some.

No_one_in_particular
January 11th, 2008, 17:02
What a week,1st i managed to get my psx doom and final doom working(and they fart over any doom ports)The Orange box theme!And now this the icing on the cake:P
Sweeeeet!!:D
With save/load support? I can play them fine, but whenever I do either it crashes...

dmac
January 11th, 2008, 17:03
total awesomeness..can't wait to get this update. looking forward to remote playing some old PS1 games..alone with the other great new features.

mike_jmg
January 11th, 2008, 17:19
nice, but I want it now

gamefreak199101
January 11th, 2008, 17:38
3.80m33 not to be released today

Heads up, Sony PlayStation Portable homebrew fans - more info has just been released about the upcoming Custom Firmware 3.80 M33, direct from Mathieulh himself. No, it's not yet released, but there is a special bit of news that should make you eager for its arrival all the more - and it has something to do with the way it's going to update your PSP.

So, what's the new info? First off, an exact ETA of the firmware itself - that is, tomorrow. Apparently, a lot of people were expecting it to be released today, but due to an unexpected delay of sorts, it didn't happen.

The reason for this - and brace yourself - is that Dark_AleX has made it so that this new firmware would update the same exact way that Sony's official firmwares do, via WiFi. That means that it's going be a hassle-free, no-messy-installation-needed update (of course, you have to access Network Update for it), and certainly a very welcome addition to the host of features the custom firmware brings.

It could also mean that from now on, all updates will be cumulative - that is, if you've been out of the loop for quite a while and suddenly upgrade to the latest firmware, you won't have to go through the long, hard slog of upgrading through the previous firmwares you've missed. Convenient, and definitely justifies the 24-hour delay.

More news about this upcoming treat from Dark_AleX as it develops.

-Xandu-
January 11th, 2008, 17:50
is that Dark_AleX has made it so that this new firmware would update the same exact way that Sony's official firmwares do, via WiFi.
Real slick! Lol, reminds me of my DAX Update Downloader back then :p.

electricbluej7
January 11th, 2008, 17:59
wait wait.. does that mean i have been waiting all this time for nothing?

No_one_in_particular
January 11th, 2008, 18:04
I dunno about youse but if it needs some last-minute tweaking, I'm more than willing to wait.

electricbluej7
January 11th, 2008, 18:08
yeah, i do agree, if the tweaking is important, then it's worth the wait, hope it works from 3.71 M33-4, should do.

hounddog
January 11th, 2008, 18:13
....some how....i knew somethin was goin to happen and we was goin to have to wait some more

mrbob
January 11th, 2008, 18:24
Hiya, sorry to be dumb but in this thread it says full speed playstation emulation......where do i get the psx emulator from? The psx emu on here is crap and i dont have a ps3 so what do i do? thanks

ab_geee_eee
January 11th, 2008, 18:48
Hiya, sorry to be dumb but in this thread it says full speed playstation emulation......where do i get the psx emulator from? The psx emu on here is crap and i dont have a ps3 so what do i do? thanks

u dont need a psx emu... u only need the game and convert that into eboot, put into PSP/GAME and play, you can find tutorials on how to rip and convert psx games in youtube... or when u download the converter u can just follow the instructions..

mrbob
January 11th, 2008, 19:07
Thanks, just read up about it on google, dated from last year. I have the most up to date firmware at the mo. Can i convert my iso`s on my HD with the firmware i have (3.80) or do i need to update my psp with the new one coming (announced on this forum)? thanks

DarthPaul
January 11th, 2008, 19:51
Custom Firmwares are always better than Officials. ;)

@mrbob: You need to downgrade to firmware 1.50 with Pandora's Battery and then update to a custom firmware before you're able to play ISOs and homebrew[homemade stuff].

DarthPaul
January 11th, 2008, 21:11
According to our information, some technical problems remain and as us mathieulh points out it so well, the [motto] of the TEAM M33 is "quality above all".

In light, Dark_AleX still seems to have some small adjustments to make and it prefers to take its time before putting on line its Custom Firmware 3.80 M33.

Though it is, it is the wisest decision because nothing presses.

Knowing the talent of Dark_AleX, this delay could be of a few days, or only of a few hours. For the moment, no one does not know it.

Sorry for the double post. This way people will read it...:p

publicprivates
January 11th, 2008, 23:13
does that mean i wont be able to update unless i have wifi. Damn, i well, the homebrew game stops here. I hope he makes it so people without wifi can still upgrade!

Panda Bear K
January 12th, 2008, 00:03
wait wait.. does that mean i have been waiting all this time for nothing?Yes, we should pay you for your massive loss. lol

Anyhiow, hope you won't need to do all of that confusing 1.5 e loader thing whatever for this new firmware to play emulators like snes9x tyl

dejkirkby
January 12th, 2008, 00:41
Dark Alex is in the matter of hours to unleash a beast of a new custom firmware for the PSP with the ability to play your own backed up games,
Achange in DCEmu policy perhaps?

Cloudhunter
January 12th, 2008, 08:16
does that mean i wont be able to update unless i have wifi. Damn, i well, the homebrew game stops here. I hope he makes it so people without wifi can still upgrade!

Of course not. It's just another method of booting.

And great, wraggsters started with the Digg spam again...

Cloudy

Qmark
January 12th, 2008, 17:31
Achange in DCEmu policy perhaps?Not really.
It seems like the longstanding policy for news is just to copy/paste it from the original source.

Eviltaco64
January 12th, 2008, 19:01
Not only will this release allow you to have full homebrew capabilities

Does that mean that you can run apps that ran on 1.5 kernel on the Slim?

dejkirkby
January 13th, 2008, 05:27
Not really.
It seems like the longstanding policy for news is just to copy/paste it from the original source.
Any therein lies the irony....;)

cronaroth
January 13th, 2008, 07:28
is there any easy way of getting to this new FW from OFW 3.72? I just got a PSP Slim today and thats what it came with. If not-what do I have to do.

h4rm337
January 13th, 2008, 07:36
is there any easy way of getting to this new FW from OFW 3.72? I just got a PSP Slim today and thats what it came with. If not-what do I have to do.

you would need pandoras battery

but this CFW isnt out yet you'll need the latest one until this one comes out which is 3.71 M33-4

cronaroth
January 13th, 2008, 08:22
what do I need for a Slim PSP pandora's battery?