PDA

View Full Version : It's snowing where I live

VampDude
January 11th, 2008, 17:43
Does anyone else have snow?

Here's a picture of my "mini" snowman that I made an hour ago on the outside table :)

ExcruciationX
January 11th, 2008, 17:51
You'd think it would snow a lot in the Shadows. It's cold there.

acn010
January 11th, 2008, 17:52
its 58F here.. so no snow...... but its coming soon XD

Axelius
January 11th, 2008, 18:30
There wasn't really snow in Munich this winter so far (except like 2 days in October or so) But it's rather cold...

acn010
January 11th, 2008, 18:34
oh!
look at that... its raining in new york lol

-Xandu-
January 11th, 2008, 18:52
Doesn't snow here! :p

Shrygue
January 11th, 2008, 19:54
It has not yet snowed here in Staines and London, in fact it almost never does...

VampDude
January 12th, 2008, 00:00
It has not yet snowed here in Staines and London, in fact it almost never does...

It snowed briefly in the North East sector of London the other day (last week), but it melted just before it landed (it never set anywhere). Here in the South West though is a different story, 4pm today it was clear, and then suddenly by 4:17pm both my parents cars plus the driveway were covered in snow and the back garden was covered (ū inch thick - on the table where I made the snowman), the downside was it quickly turned to slush and had all melted by 8pm.

gdf
January 12th, 2008, 00:43

I is in da Staines massive!

Ali-G...Pwned.

lmtlmt
January 12th, 2008, 03:26
it has never snowed in brisbane!!!!!

Plucko
January 12th, 2008, 11:11
Where I live there currently is no snow. In fact, it's 7 degrees Celsius right now so I'm not expecting snow any time soon. Hopefully there will be *some* snow though, this winter.

Axelius
January 12th, 2008, 11:33
I hope there will be now snow...I hate snow!!

*Waiting for summer to be able to go out wearing Tshirt and shorts*

VampDude
January 12th, 2008, 16:02
it has never snowed in brisbane!!!!!

It snowed in Brisbane, on New Year's Day of 1871, 137 years ago. :)

kcajblue
January 12th, 2008, 23:22
i wish i snowed here. damn weather.

VampDude
January 12th, 2008, 23:35
i wish i snowed here. damn weather.

It snowed in California last week, just not where you are.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1299427,00.html

kcajblue
January 12th, 2008, 23:48
yeah, i want it to be where i am though.
so i dont need to go on a trip somewhere to get to snow.

VampDude
January 13th, 2008, 01:31
yeah, i want it to be where i am though.
so i dont need to go on a trip somewhere to get to snow.

Move to somewhere colder, then you won't have to make a trip to see the snow. :p

Shrygue
January 13th, 2008, 15:09
@ VampDude; which part of North East London? Leytonstone? Dagenham? Romford? Specify then, as didn't seen any snow fall in and around the selected mentioned places.

VampDude
January 13th, 2008, 17:48
@ VampDude; which part of North East London? Leytonstone? Dagenham? Romford? Specify then, as didn't seen any snow fall in and around the selected mentioned places.

A (shitty) town called Brentwood (which is just a bit further up than Romford), it snowed (very briefly) in the early evening of the 4th, but none of which set (the ground was probably too warm).

nomi
January 13th, 2008, 18:04
I wish it snowed where i live... Karachi, Pakistan. Its never snowed here..! well even if it did... it would be a disaster!
Though still would like to experience it! :D

VampDude
January 13th, 2008, 19:23
I wish it snowed where i live... Karachi, Pakistan. Its never snowed here..! well even if it did... it would be a disaster!
Though still would like to experience it! :D

It snowed in Afghanistan and Baghdad last week, and also in Iran where 21 people had been killed in accidents related to the weather.

I believe that it can snow just about anywhere, although snow in certain parts of the world isn't natural (hot countries) and is formed by global warming.

SnesR0X
January 13th, 2008, 21:14
In Vancouver, it snowed December 1st, December 25th, and the 26th, and I remember seeing some sleet the other week.
Of course, the mountains here have about 7 feet of snow :p

Shrygue
January 13th, 2008, 22:08
@VampDude: Brentwood is not in northeast London, it's outside it just off the A12. So basically, it snowed outside of the city.

Last time as far as I remember when it did snow in London was last January, somewhere at the end of the month. It was a fair bit but not as much as the one back in 2003, I think.

VampDude
January 13th, 2008, 23:35
@VampDude: Brentwood is not in northeast London, it's outside it just off the A12. So basically, it snowed outside of the city.

That sucks, I thought it was the same area as both Romford and Brentwood are like 6 minutes apart and both in Essex (and accessible via a London Zones1-6 Travelcard).

Last time as far as I remember when it did snow in London was last January, somewhere at the end of the month. It was a fair bit but not as much as the one back in 2003, I think.

It snowed on the 8th of February last year in London (400 schools were closed due to it), I wanted snow here so I ended up getting sent video's of my ex's dog in the snow in Romford.

Swimkid
January 14th, 2008, 00:05
Edmonton started getting snow in October... so cold.

mexicansnake
January 14th, 2008, 00:05
Snow!?!?!? We had intense rains in the half of December... But I remember snow in my city like 11 years ago (snows each 50 years :p).

kcajblue
January 14th, 2008, 02:19
mexicansnake!
havent seen you in a while.
what have you been up to.

Shadowblind
January 14th, 2008, 02:20
...sigh. I wish it snowed in Florida or Alabama :( I miss it. I DON'T miss Pennsylvania, though. Even snow isn't worth living back up there...

mexicansnake
January 14th, 2008, 03:24
mexicansnake!
havent seen you in a while.
what have you been up to.

Well its a long long long story (Ill make a thread about it tomorrow). Short Ill release my new game named: changos!: fall of the army soon and Ill be more often around here. :D. Im glad to see you guys here too :thumbup:.

kcajblue
January 14th, 2008, 04:02
interesting name.
does it have to do anything with monkeys at all?

mexicansnake
January 15th, 2008, 05:27
interesting name.
does it have to do anything with monkeys at all?

YOU WILL LAUGH thats for sure, some of my friends saw the story and lolīd really hard. Some played it and they fell from the pc XD.

BTW its getting colder here, but is not snowing :p.