PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to experience Homebrew on DS?

beetroot bertie
July 29th, 2005, 10:20
I'm new to these parts having spent most of my time here time loitering around the DC forums.

I've just bought myself a DS with the rather fun Zoo Zeeper and was wondering if someone could please outline what I would need to experience homebrew on my DS. What do I need to get started?

I'm a mac user too so I don't know if that affects my chances in any way.

My thanks in advance.

ptr.exe
July 29th, 2005, 11:40
Being a mac user is a horrible crime but shouldnt stop you playing DS homebrew :p

For the passme hack there is a tutorial here (http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/passmehack.shtml) what you need is a compatible wi-fi card and a GBA flash cart.

beetroot bertie
July 30th, 2005, 15:31
Now then, there's nowt wrong with macs.

Thanks for the link Peter but that tutorial's all PC based and not much use to me I'm afraid and I don't have an airport wireless hub anyway, just a basic G4 iMac.

I'm not too technical so was wondering if there was an easier way around it. I've noticed the Flash Cart set picture on the site which seems a bit expensive just for playing the odd homebrew game and seems to open to obvious misuse which I guess is where I'll stop as I've got a feeling that by answering my question we're heading into 'locked' territory.

I'm just after a simple way of trying these homebrew games without doing all the soldering and setting up wi-fi stuff for my mac.

Cap'n 1time
July 30th, 2005, 16:25
pass-me card?