PDA

View Full Version : Just got a psp, my sad, sad story...

samwh
July 29th, 2005, 17:41
I hope this is on the right forum, if not, please move it.

Anyways, I went into best buy to get a psp, and the store assistent there was very helpful. She even let me demo a test unit. Now since I want to put homebrew stuff on it, I checked the firmware version on the test unit. 1.50. Great, I could run emulaters.

250$ later I am playing coded arms and scrolling through menus. Guess what version of firmware came on mine? 1.51!!!

Anyway, I understand that I cant run any homebrew stuff on here. Just to what degree am I shafted? Can I run ANY homebrew on it? I was really looking forward to chrono trigger on the go.

Thanks for your help...

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 17:45
You could search, this question gets asked here almost every day. NO, NO HOMEBREW. SEARCH.

RedKing14CA
July 29th, 2005, 17:50
soon samwh, soon.... they're still hacking 1.51

BlackxKnight
July 29th, 2005, 17:53
i can bet u anything theyve dropped cracking 1.51 for 2.0. if i was in your position id update to 2.0 thats where the focus will be

Skez
July 29th, 2005, 17:57
Coded arms may have had an updater on it?

anyway. i agree with what blackxknight said, version 2 is very good (but no homebrew)

Cross
July 29th, 2005, 18:07
coded arms only updates to 1.50 and shows up as a UMD Disc Icon with arrows.

slick
July 29th, 2005, 18:17
hey same thing happened to me, but i went to the EB store at the mall and they had 50 120 V A's in stock so i picked one up and returned the other one to best buy.

now got a 1.5

wilbur
July 29th, 2005, 18:53
god, call me a sicko, but don't you just love to hear about other people's misfortune? (oops, that's my chance of being on anyones buddy list gone).that really sucks. Still, at least you can have no quarms about getting GTA and playing straight away. i have the gruelling decision of whether to give up my NEO GEO and homebrew for GTA and STar wars Battle whatever it is. I really reckon sony'll force a 2 upgrade for those 2. it's their best chance of a stab at Homebrew

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 19:07
with this update people are not upgrading and will therefore stop buying games. They aren't forcing us to upgrade because people choose homebrew, rather than people upgrafding so so sony can make more mon ey on software they are losing it. I hope they make a downgrader to show these corporate bastards what for.

J sims
July 29th, 2005, 19:15
I think I read somewhere on these forums that psps that are originally 1.50 are wired differently than psps that are originally 1.51.

Zephyroth_drgs
July 29th, 2005, 19:49
no homebrew 4 1.51 get 2.0 and at least enjoy the features

shizzle
July 29th, 2005, 20:12
depends. 1.51 is next on the crack list as 2.0 is near uncrackable. itis a question of craking it before the us 2.0 release which will entice everyone in.

slik da relic
July 30th, 2005, 19:19
I hope this is on the right forum, if not, please move it.

Anyways, I went into best buy to get a psp, and the store assistent there was very helpful. She even let me demo a test unit. Now since I want to put homebrew stuff on it, I checked the firmware version on the test unit. 1.50. Great, I could run emulaters.

250$ later I am playing coded arms and scrolling through menus. Guess what version of firmware came on mine? 1.51!!!

Anyway, I understand that I cant run any homebrew stuff on here. Just to what degree am I shafted? Can I run ANY homebrew on it? I was really looking forward to chrono trigger on the go.

Thanks for your help...

one thing that people must understand is that the demo is not whats in the box. u definitely shouldve checked the box to make sure. i just bought my 3rd 1.5 yesterday, so they r still out there (my goal is 8...and then i'll hold them for awhile... and then its HEEEELLLOOO EBAY!!!!... as long as there is no downgrade, i should be safe) other than my 1st one... i havent been to any major chains to buy them. the 1.5s r at the "mom n pops" stores. but always check the box... never assume.

da relic

leggy
July 30th, 2005, 21:04
one thing that people must understand is that the demo is not whats in the box. u definitely shouldve checked the box to make sure. i just bought my 3rd 1.5 yesterday, so they r still out there (my goal is 8...and then i'll hold them for awhile... and then its HEEEELLLOOO EBAY!!!!... as long as there is no downgrade, i should be safe) other than my 1st one... i havent been to any major chains to buy them. the 1.5s r at the "mom n pops" stores. but always check the box... never assume.

da relic

Don't hold your breath that 1.50's will shoot up in value. Newer versions will get 'cracked' as time goes by!

Velo
July 30th, 2005, 23:41
Then your 1.5 will become utterly useless to sell for more money on ebay. Focus is already on 2.00, better sell those suckers fast.

-James

AKB
July 30th, 2005, 23:43
to bad, just wait i guess for the hombrew, but it wont be all spiffy.

slik da relic
July 31st, 2005, 00:42
Then your 1.5 will become utterly useless to sell for more money on ebay. Focus is already on 2.00, better sell those suckers fast.

-James

yea.. ur right... but theres always a few million people in the dark...hehe.

besides... given time, they'll be great xmas presents that ive bought for a relative or 2. i mightve done my shoppin early. only time will tell.

da relic

AKB
July 31st, 2005, 00:43
http://myspace-442.vo.llnwd.net/00173/24/44/173424442_l.gif

how much would a version 1.0 cost? 300 or less?

PSP_Newbie
July 31st, 2005, 04:07
dunno, not much at all really compared to a 1.5, cause homebrew works on both and there isnt a too big of an advantage to having a 1.0 nowadays

Contingency
July 31st, 2005, 04:26
About the only game I wanted the psp for initially (until I found out about homebrew) is Hotshots golf.

Has anyone else picked up this game by chance? I'm just worried that if/when I finally get the game, its going to update the firmware.

Thank you for any information. .

slik da relic
July 31st, 2005, 13:24
if thats a launch title, i really doubt its gonna update ur firmwhere.

da relic

PSP_Newbie
July 31st, 2005, 23:12
right now, there arent any games that u can buy that will update your firmware past 1.5, but expect newer releases to come with 2.0..... they just wont stop with the forced updates:(

Terial
July 31st, 2005, 23:23
Im praying that they wont force an update on FFVII:AC... if they do, ill just have to buy a white PSP... :(

Cross
July 31st, 2005, 23:28
FFVII:AC? Huh I have not heard about that fill me in Terial