PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's UK CEO Blames Video Games for Childhood Obesity

wraggster
January 11th, 2008, 19:37
BoingBoing is reporting that Steve Eaterbrook, McDonald's UK CEO, says that video games are leading the charge in obesity. He does have the decency to at least admit fatty foods are a part of the problem, but points the finger at interactive games for keeping kids indoors and not out burning off energy.
"According to The Times, McDonalds UK is 'on the brink of its best year for two decades'. The firm has enjoyed six per cent like-for-like sales growth in the last year. More than 88 million visits were made to McDonald's restaurants last month, up 10 million on the previous year."
Don't forget, we have known for ages that video games make us fat and mean.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/01/11/1543201

jassi
May 15th, 2009, 09:45
BoingBoing is reporting that Steve Eaterbrook, McDonald's UK CEO, says that video games are leading the charge in obesity. He does have the decency to at least admit fatty foods are a part of the problem, but points the finger at interactive games for keeping kids indoors and not out burning off energy.
"According to The Times, McDonalds UK is 'on the brink of its best year for two decades'. The firm has enjoyed six per cent like-for-like sales growth in the last year. More than 88 million visits were made to McDonald's restaurants last month, up 10 million on the previous year."
Don't forget, we have known for ages that video games make us fat and mean.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/01/11/1543201
Yes I too agree that video games charges to child obesity because as children are now more interested in video games , there will be no physical activity. They only sit and play. As a result the children will face the obesity.

VampDude
May 15th, 2009, 15:05
I blame McDonald's for that horrible game on the NES (McDonald Land) in the 90's and then Mick and Mack for the MegaDrive/Genesis, so they cannot really comment on videogames.

I blame McDonald's for everything, shitty food and a shitty games. They lure kids into their restaurants with cheap plastic toys and a poor marketing campaign encouraging kids to eat the stuff, little do they know they're being brainwashed by commercials (a proven fact).

Darksaviour69
May 15th, 2009, 16:00
don't forget McDonalds also put MSG in the food (to make it addictive). About msg

"Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) literally stimulates neurons to death, causing brain damage to varying degrees."

-Russell Blaylock, M.D.
Board Certified Neurosurgeon "

Also research links MSG to Obesity

VampDude
May 15th, 2009, 18:57
Not only that, it's a form of brainwashing.

McDonald's deny all the facts that they are a big cause to obesity in children, with the facts that it's their advertising and the preservatives they put in their food.

Only yesterday, I saw a video of a four year old cheeseburger (below). It hadn't decayed or developed mold, the reason is because of all the bad stuff they have in the food.

4IGtDPG4UfI