PDA

View Full Version : Dark AleX's CFW PSP 3.80 M33 News

wraggster
January 11th, 2008, 21:18
Dark Alex has hit a bug in his Custom Firmware and a small delay has been announced in the release of this New and ever so wanted Custom Firmware for the PSP which promises the most noob friendly features and ease of updating and like most i prefer noob friendly and ease ;)

heres the translated info

Following the announcement we made yesterday, everyone was waiting for the release today. Unfortunately, it seems possible that the release of the M33 was postponed to a later date. But why should we say? According to our information, some technical issues remain, and as we are reminded so mathieulh, the motto of the team M33 is "the quality first. Clearly, Dark_AleX still seems to have some minor adjustments to make, and he prefers to take his time before putting its online Custom Firmware 3.80 M33. Anyway, it's the most wise decision because there is no press. Knowing the talent of Dark_AleX, the delay could be a few days or just a few hours. For the moment, no one knows. We ask you to remain calm, quiet, because Dark_AleX dislikes, and rightly so, that he put pressure.

So it could still arrive tonight but it may be a day late or so, no real time announced but im sure youll understand that Dark Alex wants it perfect first.

Spread the News (http://digg.com/playstation/3_80M33_Firmware_Better_Than_Official)

http://digg.com/playstation/3_80M33_Firmware_Better_Than_Official

Discuss via Comments and Read up on these Newsposts Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/3-80m33-firmware-better-than-official-85013.html) and Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dark-alex-to-release-custom-firmware-3-80m33-today-85007.html) for more 3.80M33 Firmware News.

via pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5787)

Nikolaos
January 11th, 2008, 21:21
*sniff* stupid bugs, I will wait for this :) you rule DaX!

DarthPaul
January 11th, 2008, 21:21
Ugh..>_>

At least the site is now up and running.

cozy
January 11th, 2008, 21:22
Quality first DAX! Its worth the wait...:thumbup:

Sonicboy 101
January 11th, 2008, 21:32
Oh well, it'll be worth the wait.

devdj
January 11th, 2008, 21:32
I'm not complaining cause i can just play Breath of Fire 4 to pass the time until it arrives and i finally got it to work on my 3.71 M33 - 4 slim as the only popsloader that seems to load BOF 4 is the 3.40 version so gud luk DAX and hope to se the an update soon

Buddy4point0
January 11th, 2008, 21:49
totally can't wait man.
bug free is always better than a buggy early release

ab_geee_eee
January 11th, 2008, 21:56
Well I'm in no rush and I prefer a stable update than an unstable buggy one :D

hockey2112
January 11th, 2008, 21:57
Can't wait! Hopefully this will let me connect to my 2.10 FW PS3 again!

Shrygue
January 11th, 2008, 21:58
...what? CFW 3.80 M33 not coming today? Oh well, doesn't matter, better to make a release bug free as possible so I'll still wait it out.

jeegee
January 11th, 2008, 22:01
Always worth waiting for dax stuff. days weeks i dont mind :)

urherenow
January 11th, 2008, 22:01
" because Dark_AleX dislikes, and rightly so, that he put pressure. "

Very understandable. That's exactly why news site should post about upcoming stuff, new features and such in the next version, etc... but you should really NEVER say it's going to be tomorrow or a few hours. This does a couple of undesireable things

1) it puts unneded pressure on the DEVs because now there is a timeline everyone expects and some younger DEVs may release buggy software because they will try to rush

2) It allows so much lead time to the update, by the time it comes out there are so many users around the world hitting the damn F5 key on his website it causes the website to slow down, or worst case... screetch to a hault as if it just got slammed by a DDOS attack.

3) some regular users get pissed off (however unwarranted) when the deadline is not met and start flaming the developer... leading to:

4) the developer eventually gets fed up and quits the scene (which has already happened to D_A more than once)

in short... news good, timelines bad.

Ultima Chocochu
January 11th, 2008, 22:02
Everyone was hoping to get this tonight, but I'm glad they try to get everything perfect before releasing.

lampsta
January 11th, 2008, 22:04
Darn........... :o
Keep it UP DAX!!!!:D

jeegee
January 11th, 2008, 22:05
http://www.dark-alex.org is down at min ..........

osgeld
January 11th, 2008, 22:27
meh i always wait a few weeks anyways, lets all of you find the bugs and fight with the patches hehe

Seker
January 11th, 2008, 22:39
dark-alex.org is back with new URL

http://www.dax.st/

Nikolaos
January 11th, 2008, 22:40
Can't wait! Hopefully this will let me connect to my 2.10 FW PS3 again!

You don't need 3.80 CFW for this.. lol :P

Download PSAR Dumper from dax's site, put 3.80 official firmware in root of memory card renamed to 'UPDATE.PBP' . run the psar dumper. It will then have a F0 (flash0) folder in root of your memory stick, navigate to vsh folder, then get 'premo_plugin.prx' from 'module' folder, then go to 'resource' folder and get 'premo_plugin.rco'. After you have copied both of these to the desktop, boot PSP in recovery mode, toggle flash0, and flash the files :) if you need more detailed help PM me.

Uruz 6
January 11th, 2008, 22:50
Oh well.. I'll wait (not like I can do anything else lol) but a stable version is better anyway.
Keep up the good work Alex!

Nikolaos
January 11th, 2008, 22:52
dark-alex.org is back with new URL

http://www.dax.st/

Strange, but true! They are preparing for massive traffic & downloads!

mike_jmg
January 11th, 2008, 23:00
;_; I wanted it today

but yeah it's better if it doesn't have bugs

badboybungi
January 11th, 2008, 23:06
oh man another day wait but it'll be worth the wait u don't want a psp that gets broken because of it u get me BIG UP Dark_AleX Brapppppp!!! He Is The Best

jeegee
January 11th, 2008, 23:07
Mirrors are up .....

OmegaTC
January 12th, 2008, 02:26
I actually cried a little when i read this news :(
Its ok though, they was big boy tears of sadness.

Hopefully a release will come soon.
Good luck sorting it soon Dax.

BlacknBlue13
January 12th, 2008, 02:39
You don't need 3.80 CFW for this.. lol :P

Download PSAR Dumper from dax's site, put 3.80 official firmware in root of memory card renamed to 'UPDATE.PBP' . run the psar dumper. It will then have a F0 (flash0) folder in root of your memory stick, navigate to vsh folder, then get 'premo_plugin.prx' from 'module' folder, then go to 'resource' folder and get 'premo_plugin.rco'. After you have copied both of these to the desktop, boot PSP in recovery mode, toggle flash0, and flash the files :) if you need more detailed help PM me.

Actually you need the 3.73 eboot, the 3.80 has the premo files but when you put them in the Flash 0 on 3.71 M33 firmware they break the remote play (when you select it it just gives you the load icon in the corner and then does nothing) but 3.73 works for 2.10 ps3 firmware anyway. I've tried it a couple times with 3.80 and I keep getting the same results.:D

Necro Star
January 12th, 2008, 03:02
Don't rush it DA, I want it to be bug free. But I just checked and the sites still overloaded and has mirrors to different sites. Still no CFW though. Can't wait

wolfpack
January 12th, 2008, 03:50
yea id rather have a stable release without bugs than to have an early release and have it buggy, personally im still at 3.52m33 but oh well. DaX is gonna unleash major pwnage on sony like usual... i love it :D

Alucardmoon
January 12th, 2008, 05:55
dont rush perfection i would gladly wait weeks for it lets not turn this into windows vista hah ah ah

crona
January 12th, 2008, 07:12
ahh, the jokes made at vista's expense :) tomorrow then? seems like tomorrow never comes :(

Seker
January 12th, 2008, 07:29
omgawd hopefully it comes today :D

its so cruel to wait OMG >.<

<3 DAX 4 ever <3

harvey
January 12th, 2008, 10:37
Looking forward to the release :)

Keep up the great work DAX :D

Mr-S
January 12th, 2008, 10:46
take ur time man... we have no say to rush you... :)

No_one_in_particular
January 12th, 2008, 11:30
I actually cried a little when i read this news :(
Its ok though, they was big boy tears of sadness.

Hopefully a release will come soon.
Good luck sorting it soon Dax.
What. You cried a little because you'd have to wait a day or so longer? Have a word.

cal360
January 12th, 2008, 12:26
Well hopefully it will be out soon and it will be intresting to see what's new.

Trefex
January 12th, 2008, 13:06
What. You cried a little because you'd have to wait a day or so longer? Have a word.

My thoughts exactly :rofl:

Kloe
January 12th, 2008, 17:13
I've been out of the loop for custom firmwares for awhile. Will I be able to install this firmware if I have 3.40 OE-A? Or do I just need to upgrade to any M33 firmware and upgrade from that?

Panda Bear K
January 12th, 2008, 17:24
Hi, so my friend hacked my PSP for me and now I have 3.71 M33 or something. When this new one gets released, how exactly do I make it work? DO I just put it on my memory stick or something?

jeegee
January 12th, 2008, 20:48
Hi, so my friend hacked my PSP for me and now I have 3.71 M33 or something. When this new one gets released, how exactly do I make it work? DO I just put it on my memory stick or something?

Probably, but cfw always come with a read me. so just check that. and ask any specific questions on here. (after checking faqs of course :))