PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Phil Tackles Xbox Live Racism

wraggster
January 12th, 2008, 16:31
US telly therapist Dr. Phil has heard how Microsoft is not doing enough to combat racist bullies on Live.

On the show this week, concerned and irate father Terry told viewers he had been called a "monkey" and been threatened with lynching when playing on the service.
Worse for Terry is having to prevent his children from using the console online in an effort to shield them from the abuse.
But despite the atrocious comments made by spotty boys in their underpants, Microsoft needs at least 10 complaints about a particular customer before it does anything about it, says Terry. And Terry is not happy.

As a result of the show, Terry had a Microsoft investigator assigned to him to check it all out and Dr. Phil called the anonymous abusers bullies.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=90470

Eviltaco64
January 12th, 2008, 18:55
Dr. Phil is a dumbass :D

Gizmo356
January 12th, 2008, 19:14

watch out he might call you a cyber insulter :P

Eviltaco64
January 12th, 2008, 19:38
watch out he might call you a cyber insulter :P

Stop Cyber Bullying me RIGHT.....NOW!!!

darkness angel 777
January 12th, 2008, 21:10
doesn't suprise me at all.

pibs
January 12th, 2008, 22:35
good thing microsoft doesn't pay attention to fake doctors.

Dr.Phil? last time I checked real doctors used their last names

ICE
January 12th, 2008, 22:42

Hes also not a doctor.

Dr. Ice

BrooksyX
January 12th, 2008, 22:51
Ever heard of the mute button? I am not saying that it is okay to make racial slurs on live but there is really no way that microsoft can really do anything about bullying on xbox live. It is possible to turn off player communication in all games and that is really the only thing you can do about it. Fake doctor phil is not going to help your problem at all.

edit: Ha I just read the real article and I can't stop laughing, "I don't understand why the FBI is not all over this." I think Mr. Gates needs to change that rule". Like the FBI or Bill Gates has time or even cares about a 12 year old making racial slurs.

Shadowblind
January 13th, 2008, 00:06
Granted, yes there are a bunch of a**holes on Xbox Live (Mainly Halo 2, haven't really seen em on Halo 3, Gears, R6V or TF2...) but lets face it-- whats Microsoft gonna do about? Mend they're minds so that they can only say nice things?